Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > The Paddock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-21-2006, 11:10 AM
eurobounce

Default Del Mar - Day Three

Well we have had 3 picks and 2 wins. So far so good. Lets try to make it 4 picks and 3 wins.

Here we go:

Race 2 - Boy I love turf sprints. Especially in Cali. Now if this race was at Hollywood I would be all over the 1 horse Bella Banissa. But this is Del Mar and I do not like the one hole for this horse. Therefor I am going with the 3 horse Cottora. The horse should get a perfect trip under Espinoza. O'Neill has a good record over the Del Mar Turf. Not sure what price we are going to get with the m/l at 2-1. I would say we should get 8/5 at worse. So we are going try to hit this and have some money for the weekend.

Good luck to all.
Old 07-21-2006, 11:31 AM
Del Mar

Good luck man. Soon you'll be owning this place and then you can hook me up with season seats!
Old 07-21-2006, 12:16 PM
Flemington

Tricky Viviana still hasn't graduated? What an unfortunate cow.I wish they would run those colts n' gelding maiden claimers in the 1st with the filly maiden claimers in the 3rd.Whatever distance they want.Just change it up some.20 maiden claimers in a freeforall.

Last edited by SCUDSBROTHER : 07-21-2006 at 12:25 PM.
Old 07-21-2006, 12:33 PM
eurobounce

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCUDSBROTHER
Tricky Viviana still hasn't graduated? What an unfortunate cow.I wish they would run those colts n' gelding maiden claimers in the 1st with the filly maiden claimers in the 3rd.Whatever distance they want.Just change it up some.20 maiden claimers in a freeforall.
I like $20k claimers at any track but any So Cal track. Freeforall is an understatement. You always have full fields and you never know what shape the horse is in--drives me bonkers. I think Wednesday and Thursday should be claiming days. Friday-Sunday should be MSW and Allowance and Stake races and optinal claiming races.
Old 07-21-2006, 12:34 PM
eurobounce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gander
Good luck man. Soon you'll be owning this place and then you can hook me up with season seats!
Shoot Gander, you would be my racing secretary. Oracle, of course, would be the PR person. How great of a job that would be for him.
Old 07-21-2006, 01:08 PM
Flemington

Jeff Bonde sure likes this stakes today.I think he has won it 2 years in a row.Sure know he won it last year(easily...romping win.)
Old 07-21-2006, 02:12 PM
eurobounce

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCUDSBROTHER
Jeff Bonde sure likes this stakes today.I think he has won it 2 years in a row.Sure know he won it last year(easily...romping win.)
Yeah, he looks very good today. He is a very good trainer.
Old 07-21-2006, 09:03 PM
eurobounce

Well we got 2nd today. Ran into a buzz saw in the 5 horse. Luckily we got a little money back, but not much at all. Still keeps us ahead for the meet. We will get them tomorrow. So far 4 picks, 2 wins and 1 place.