Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > "At the Races with Steve Byk"
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-01-2007, 08:20 PM
Steve Byk

Default "Best Of" Mon/Tues/Wed

With the return to Upstate NY, taking M-T-W as opportunity to be off and run "Best Of" Shows...

MON: 'Mutuel Interests' Special with Crist, Beyer, Serling, Brown, Mudge, Wolf.

TUES: 'Breeder Special' with top names from breeding side...

WED: 'Hall of Fame' Week Guests including Peter Fuller (Mom's Command); Gary Stevens (Silver Charm); John Veitch; Jorge Velasquez...

THURS/FRI: "Live" from the Capital OTB Teletheater in Albany!
Old 07-01-2007, 08:30 PM
Newmarket

Steve,
WELCOME BACK...to the "great" northeast!
maybe I'll stop by either Thursday or Friday, if that's no problem
it depends if Dad will be coming home from the hospital
I can pick up my "Dee Tee" gear if possible

http://www.hickoryhillhoff.blogspot.com/
Old 07-02-2007, 03:54 AM
Steve Byk

Mark,

Thx! And would be pleased to have you come by... Should be picking up new DT and Dee Tee merchandise later today too!
Old 07-02-2007, 05:43 PM
Del Mar

Steve,

I'm not sure if you know this but your show today was plaugued by a voice over for some jerk practicing commercials for #119. Some guy was doing voice overs for his show and you could not hear over his voice. Kind of like a few weks ago when commercials were running over each other. Big bummer as I was looking forward to the show and you could not really hear properly.

Spyder
Old 07-02-2007, 08:57 PM
Flemington

Sad but true- I could put up with it for only a few seconds, could barely hear ATRAB in the background
Old 07-02-2007, 09:12 PM
Steve Byk

Thx guys.. Annoying. I know they had a new engineer on Friday.. Will try and get it straightened out for Tues/Wed... Appreciate the heads...
Old 07-02-2007, 10:11 PM
Sheepshead Bay

I love the slight changes over the past couple of weeks. Minor changes, but they have made a big impact on the show...
Old 07-02-2007, 11:15 PM
Washington Park

Ther Was A Show Going Over Atrab All Day Talking About How To Wash Your Vegetables........................
Old 07-03-2007, 04:51 AM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasept
Thx guys.. Annoying. I know they had a new engineer on Friday.. Will try and get it straightened out for Tues/Wed... Appreciate the heads...
Steve.. Any chance of replaying yesterdays show. I was looking forward to the great guest lineup but couldn't listen over the voice overs...
Old 07-03-2007, 04:55 AM
Del Mar

Default We want a replay!

I agree it was a steller line up and the topics were great. I want to hear it also. Is it in the archives? Can you tell us the day/time?

Thank Stevo
Old 07-03-2007, 09:09 AM
Steve Byk

Default Links to Specials...

"Mutuel Interests"

Andy Serling (YouBet, DRF) Jerry Brown (Thoro-Graph):
http://www.attheracesandbeyond.com/stream/13107a.mp3

Ted Mudge (retired President of AmTote/BRISbet), Steve Crist (DRF):
http://www.attheracesandbeyond.com/stream/13107b.mp3

Maury Wolff ('Whale'), Andy Beyer (Beyer Associates, DRF, Wash. Post):
http://www.attheracesandbeyond.com/stream/13107c.mp3

"Breeding Special"

John Sikura (Hill & Dale):
http://www.attheracesandbeyond.com/stream/22107a.mp3

Duncan Taylor (Taylor Made), Rick Waldman (Storm Cat stallion manager):
http://www.attheracesandbeyond.com/stream/22107b.mp3

George Mundy (Former KY state vet, now with Adena), Josh Pons (Country Life Farm):
http://www.attheracesandbeyond.com/stream/22107c.mp3
Old 07-03-2007, 04:17 PM
Del Mar

Thanks Steve,

Today, Tuesday, nothing was on 126!?
Old 07-04-2007, 09:01 PM
Woodbine

Driving back from the track today (the 4th), I got to listen to the "best of" show themed around the new hall of famers. Even though I heard it before, listening to Jorge Velasquez talk about all the horses he's ridden was just especially enthralling . That was one good show.
Old 07-05-2007, 09:03 AM
Steve Byk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowRoll
Driving back from the track today (the 4th), I got to listen to the "best of" show themed around the new hall of famers. Even though I heard it before, listening to Jorge Velasquez talk about all the horses he's ridden was just especially enthralling . That was one good show.
SR,

Glad you enjoyed it and happy Sirius managed to get one of the three days right... Those were interviews conducted all week after they announced inductees, and I strung them together into a three hour show. Was a lot of fun to talk to those guests when the feelings were running high. Especially Peter Fuller and John Veitch. Stevens was terrific too talking about Silver Charm.

And of course Jorge V. is a treasure trove of info and stories. The last two summers I've gotten to know him via Sciacca, and since he rode or rode against every great horse from the late 60's to 80's, he can relate to any question. I know he has his detractors, but I greatly appreciate him. He won't be at Toga this summer nearly at all as his jock (Ponce) is riding at MTH...
Old 07-05-2007, 11:01 AM
Woodbine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasept
SR,

Glad you enjoyed it and happy Sirius managed to get one of the three days right... Those were interviews conducted all week after they announced inductees, and I strung them together into a three hour show. Was a lot of fun to talk to those guests when the feelings were running high. Especially Peter Fuller and John Veitch. Stevens was terrific too talking about Silver Charm.

And of course Jorge V. is a treasure trove of info and stories. The last two summers I've gotten to know him via Sciacca, and since he rode or rode against every great horse from the late 60's to 80's, he can relate to any question. I know he has his detractors, but I greatly appreciate him. He won't be at Toga this summer nearly at all as his jock (Ponce) is riding at MTH...
Thanks for the additional insight. Everyone on that show was amazing to listen to, and I also enjoyed listening to Gary Stevens very much. I'd like to hear the "porcupine" story some day. You did a fantastic job putting that show together. It's apparent that you both work hard and work constantly to improve your media skills, which are considerable. I'm sure you realize that you have the greatest job in the world and that many of us on this board would give their eye teeth to be able to do what you do.
Old 07-13-2007, 11:18 AM
Weanling

Default Woodbine

Hi Steve,

new to racing.. have 3 at Woodbine and a broodmare.. a Dance with Ravens foal on the ground this spring.. in fact we will have our first starter a $60K maiden filly 2 yr old race at Woodbime this Saturday.. all very exciting..

Steve great show enjoy the banter and the guests! I listen to ATR every night driving home and given the kind of purses at Woodbine wonder why it is off your radar?

again really enjoy the show.. Ron