Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > International Racing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-26-2009, 02:14 PM
Santa Anita

Default You couldnt make it up!!

http://www.racingpost.com/news/horse...ga/601533/top/

from racingpost:

IN response to growing criticism over a ban on ice creams being taken on to its members' lawn area, Salisbury racecourse has announced a change to its policy with immediate effect.

The RacingPost carried a story in its Thursday edition after a racegoer, who claimed to have spent £200 in the members' restaurant, had been refused admittance to the enclosure carrying an ice cream for himself and his 75-year-old mother.

Clerk of the course and racecourse manager Jeremy Martin said on Friday: "Although this has not been raised as an issue before, the message has been very clear.

"We like to think we are a 'listening racecourse' and, from what we have read in the paper and from the e-mails we have received, we will be allowing ice creams in members' from now on.

"We race on Sunday and the forecast is very favourable. I am sure plenty of ice creams will be consumed. In fact, we have decided that the first 99 racegoers in each of our three enclosures, including members, will receive a voucher on entry and be entitled to a free '99' ice cream.

#Grand
Old 06-26-2009, 02:33 PM
Saratoga