Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > The Paddock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-16-2022, 11:35 AM
Oriental Park

Default Straight from the horse’s mouth..but they don’t know a horse’s head from its ass...

Tried this years ago but it never got off the ground.

But hey, now there's Twitter where you can drill for oil all day long and have no problems tapping into a septic tank...

***From the Twitter of Tom Ryan, some sort of lamprey affixed to SF Racing. I think his credentials include some sort of work for a Coolmore satellite entity and a Saudi racing authority:

Quote:
The Belmont Stakes is the only thing I would change about the Triple Crown. I would bring it back in distance and make it more commercial.
Good idea. Let’s fit the racing to the breeding, not the other way around.

Nashville just retired. He was a freak up to the second point of call according to your idol Elliot Walden.

He should be siring Belmont winners in no time if you can get enough NYRA officials lobotomized before they consider your proposal…

Quote:
The winner of a 2400m 3yo G1 is only viable at stud if he proves himself at a shorter distance.
Sorry D’Tara, Jazil, and Sarava…you’re stud services are not needed.

Good thing all other retired Belmont winners had the good sense to win other important (and shorter) races.

You know, other than the Test of the Champion.

Quote:
In 2005 the French Derby went from 2,400 meters (12F) to 2,100 meters (10.5F) The Prix du Jockey Club is a historic classic first run in 1836 at Chantilly at 2500M; They believed the prestige of the Prix du Jockey Club had dropped.
Yeah, that was because the French Derby usually falls on the same weekend as the Epsom Derby, Copernicus.

What does the Belmont have to compete against? The Easy Goer on the undercard?

Quote:
I would shorten the Classic Belmont to 2000m.
There’s a bigger issue here besides just changing the Belmont distance.

You want the United States to start using the metric system?

Can I get a Royale with Cheese with that?