Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Stakes Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-02-2009, 06:08 AM
Steve Byk

Default 7/4-5 (HOL): American H. (G2); American Oaks (G1); Triple Bend (G1)

8TH (4:30) American H. (G2)

1 1/8 Miles (Turf) | Open | 3 Year Olds And Up Stakes | Purse: $150,000

1 Buenos Dias (IRE) Talamo J 113 L
2 Storm Military (ARG) Blanc B 117 L
3 Giant Gem Solis A 114 L
4 Monterey Jazz Baze T C 119 L
5 Whatsthescript (IRE) Rosario J 120 L
6 Artiste Royal (IRE) Bejarano R 118 L

8th (4:30) American Oaks Invitational S. (G1)

1 1/4 Miles (Turf) | Fillies and Mares | 3 Year Olds And Up Stakes | Purse: $700,000

1 Gozzip Girl Desormeaux K J 121 L
2 Magical Affair Leparoux J R 121 L
3 Third Dawn Gomez G K 121 L
4 Apple Charlotte (GB) Smith M E 121
5 Rare Ransom (GB) Smullen P J 121
6 Puttanesca (NZ) Boss Glen 125
7 Acting Lady Bejarano R 121 L
8 Pretty Unusual Baze T C 121 L
9 Nan Nakatani C S 121 L
10 Afternoon Stroll Talamo J 121 L
11 The Best Day Ever Lanerie C J 121 L
12 Lexlenos (IRE) Solis A 121 L
13 Well Monied Rosario J 121 L
14 Mrs Kipling (IRE) Flores D R 121 L
AE Daylumney (IRE) Espinoza V 121 L
AE Wake Me Now (IRE) Sorenson D 121

10th (5:30) Triple Bend H. (G1)

7 Furlongs (All Weather Track) | Open | 3 Year Olds And Up Stakes | Purse: $300,000

1 Street Magician Leparoux J R 116 L
2 Bamaha Breeze Solis A 115 L
3 Siren Lure Alvarado F T 118 L
4 Liquidity Nakatani C S 113 L
5 Rebellion (GB) Bejarano R 118 L
6 Noble Court Rosario J 121 L
7 Monterey Jazz Baze T C 121 L
8 Bet On Victor Garcia M 109 L
9 Zensational Espinoza V 111 L
10 Rush With Thunder Quinonez A 113 L
11 Paul's Hope Gomez G K 114 L
12 Silent Soul Puglisi I 114 L
13 Star Nicholas Baze M C 115 L
14 Trumpet Player Jay Gryder A T 112 L

Last edited by Kasept : 07-04-2009 at 12:17 PM.
Old 07-02-2009, 09:22 AM
Goodwood

Didn't the American used to be a g1?

What happened to the other two races Byk?
Old 07-02-2009, 11:15 AM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian Charlie
Didn't the American used to be a g1?

What happened to the other two races Byk?
never was a grade 1 that I can remember, the other two draw today.
Old 07-04-2009, 10:26 AM
Oaklawn

I'm going with Monterey Jazz if he runs here
Old 07-04-2009, 12:13 PM
Steve Byk

Has anyone dug into the American Oaks yet? Once again a tremendously deep field and open betting affair.

Who knows what to make of the Euros and the New Zealander, but it's certainly cool to have Glen Boss come to the U.S. to ride. Not sure he's been here before??

Had Albertrani Friday to discuss Gozzip Girl who figures to sit a nice ground-saver.

Another question is where does this race move next year with Hollywood gone? In 8 years it came from nowhere to become the best turf race of its' kind (3yo fillies) in the US. Would Arington latch on to it for Million Preview Day?

Anyway... 14 tomorrow and there has to be some value to be found. And note Gary Stevens trainee on the AE list.
Old 07-04-2009, 12:31 PM
Oriental Park

Its a lot of money in a category that has little money to begin with, I would say the American Oaks is a premier race around the world because of the money for a restricted filly race....was the most brilliant thing HP did.

It seems to me like Del Mar could have that race in 13 days and get the same field.
Old 07-04-2009, 12:34 PM
Oriental Park

What is wrong with HP that the day before the biggest card of the meet that its 130 and they cant even have the program up to handicap with. I have no clue how you can draw Thursday and it takes till Saturday to figure out the program. Why do you have to wait for early scratches, trust us, we can figure it out.
Old 07-04-2009, 07:02 PM
Churchill Downs

Default Gary Stevens a trainer?

Tommorow in the American Oaks, Wake Me Now(IRE) is listed as Gary L. Stevens as the trainer. Is this Gary Stevens the former jockey or is it a Euro trainer with the same name?
Old 07-04-2009, 07:16 PM
Del Mar

Same guy
Old 07-05-2009, 08:10 AM
Arlington Park

Finally took a quick look at the American Oaks this is a handicappers dream, a great betting race.
Old 07-05-2009, 08:14 AM
Arlington Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasept
Has anyone dug into the American Oaks yet? Once again a tremendously deep field and open betting affair.

Who knows what to make of the Euros and the New Zealander, but it's certainly cool to have Glen Boss come to the U.S. to ride. Not sure he's been here before??

Had Albertrani Friday to discuss Gozzip Girl who figures to sit a nice ground-saver.

Another question is where does this race move next year with Hollywood gone? In 8 years it came from nowhere to become the best turf race of its' kind (3yo fillies) in the US. Would Arington latch on to it for Million Preview Day?

Anyway... 14 tomorrow and there has to be some value to be found. And note Gary Stevens trainee on the AE list.
Steve,

As a regular follower of Aussie racing I can certainly vouch in Glen Boss' riding capabilities. He's right there with Darren Beadman and Nash Rawiller as that country's best riders, it will be interesting to see if he can adapt to the smaller track at Hollywood.
Old 07-05-2009, 08:29 AM
Del Mar

I think I read on Racing Post or somewhere that Puttanesca's staying in the states with Canani after the race. I had a hard time trying to figure her out too without having much knowledge of the quality of New Zealand racing. The Weld horse seems like she has some upside and has been running against much better. He's very high on her for whatever that's worth.
Old 07-05-2009, 08:32 AM
Oaklawn

Quote:
I would put it on Million Day if it went this route. The Beverly D. as far as I can remember isn't exactly riddled with 3YO fillies. And the American Oaks would be a nice counteract to the Secretariat.
Old 07-05-2009, 08:35 AM
Arlington Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey2315
I think I read on Racing Post or somewhere that Puttanesca's staying in the states with Canani after the race. I had a hard time trying to figure her out too without having much knowledge of the quality of New Zealand racing. The Weld horse seems like she has some upside and has been running against much better.
I'm just looking now Hockey, the horse Boss is riding is not an Aussie horse so I can honestly say I do not recognize the quality of horses she has been racing in, what I do know is when N.Z horses ship to Rosehill, Flemington...ect...they should be respected. This one would be a complete guess to me.
Old 07-05-2009, 08:40 AM
Flemington

Quote:

It's too bad Colonial isn't doing better because it would be a great addition to the VA Derby card and the turf course here is awesome.
Old 07-05-2009, 03:56 PM
Churchill Downs

Quote:
In 8 years it came from nowhere to become the best turf race of its' kind (3yo fillies) in the US.
What about the Queen Liz Cup at Keeneland?
Old 07-05-2009, 04:38 PM
Santa Anita

I think Rare Ransom could well be a nice price tonight for this. She has a much better chance than Apple Charlotte in my opinion..

#Grand
Old 07-05-2009, 04:39 PM
Del Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by brockguy
I think Rare Ransom could well be a nice price tonight for this. She has a much better chance than Apple Charlotte in my opinion..
I'm starting to think she's the wise guy horse. There goes any hope of double digit odds.
Old 07-05-2009, 04:45 PM
Santa Anita

+ Weld
+ will improve for the step up in trip
+ she's already beaten older horses
+ shes tacticly versatile

- Pat Smullen
- She prefers soft going

defo worth the bet if she's higher than the other Euro..

#Grand
Old 07-05-2009, 04:46 PM
Del Mar

I like her a lot.