Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > Joe Silverio Simulcast Center
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-13-2022, 07:57 PM
Keeneland

Default Saratoga Two a Day

Back for more torture. Fantastic card opening Day and continues through the weekend. I'll probably jinx myself but feeling good about the meet. Same format this year as years past. $2 mythical win/place wager on my "Best Bet" and "Best Longshot."

Day 1
Best Bet: Race 1- #7 Giocare
Noda barn was hot for a good portion of the Belmont meet. This horse ran well here last year and also ran well for Noda in his lone start in the barn late last year. No less than 4 horses need the lead here and I think this is the best closer. Get the meet off to a good start

Longshot: Race 4 #6 Snow's Island
This one had all kinds of trouble in multiple spots last time and a less than enthusiastic ride from Kendrick late against a repeat winner who is bound for stakes. It's worth watching the replay. 3rd off the break, and might get lost in the wagering.

Good luck!
Old 07-14-2022, 09:32 AM
Randwyck

Good longshot. If you watch the head-on , he also stumbled in the backstretch and almost went down.
Old 07-14-2022, 10:03 AM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADJMK View Post
Good longshot. If you watch the head-on , he also stumbled in the backstretch and almost went down.
Yeah that was a wild race. Part of me wonders if the loose horse had all the riders being extra cautious
Old 07-14-2022, 01:54 PM
Randwyck

Nice call on R4
Old 07-14-2022, 03:20 PM
Randwyck

Hope you had some win money. Of course I bet P3's and for sure didn't include Winter Sun
Old 07-14-2022, 06:57 PM
Turf Paradise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss View Post
This one had all kinds of trouble in multiple spots last time and a less than enthusiastic ride from Kendrick late against a repeat winner who is bound for stakes. It's worth watching the replay. 3rd off the break, and might get lost in the wagering.

Good luck!
Great start, keep it rolling.
Old 07-14-2022, 09:01 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamblin4ever View Post
Nice call on R4
Thanks

Quote:
Hope you had some win money. Of course I bet P3's and for sure didn't include Winter Sun
Thanks, was a good day
Quote:
Originally Posted by theguarantee View Post
Great start, keep it rolling.
Thanks man
Old 07-14-2022, 09:21 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Back for more torture. Fantastic card opening Day and continues through the weekend. I'll probably jinx myself but feeling good about the meet. Same format this year as years past. $2 mythical win/place wager on my "Best Bet" and "Best Longshot."

Day 1
Best Bet: Race 1- #7 Giocare
Noda barn was hot for a good portion of the Belmont meet. This horse ran well here last year and also ran well for Noda in his lone start in the barn late last year. No less than 4 horses need the lead here and I think this is the best closer. Get the meet off to a good start

Good luck!
Weird race by Giocare. Looked done in the stretch and then finished best of all to get third and galloped out in front. Snows Island got a fantastic ride by Kendrick seizing control at the top of the lane to win and pay $19.40 and $8.90, once again showing how valuable watching replays is.

Meet Totals
$8 Wagered
$28.30 Returned
Old 07-14-2022, 09:41 PM
Keeneland

Day 2
Such a tough card with very competitive races.
Best Bet: Race 3- #3 Whistlers Honor
Worth watching the replay of his last also. Was buried in the stretch and didn't get the most enthusiastic ride. I think Abreu is primed for a big meet and this horse should get him started. He has Biondi to run down.

Longshot: Race 6- #4 Danzigwiththestars
Feels like everyone in here could win. I'll take a shot with a horse who has shown an affinity for this course in the past and just missed last time against a few in here. SHould get the pace to run at and will get lost on the board.
Old 07-15-2022, 08:16 AM
Saratoga

Quote:
Weird race by Giocare. Looked done in the stretch and then finished best of all to get third and galloped out in front. Snows Island got a fantastic ride by Kendrick seizing control at the top of the lane to win and pay $19.40 and $8.90, once again showing how valuable watching replays is.

Meet Totals
$8 Wagered
$28.30 Returned
Nice Start
Old 07-15-2022, 03:01 PM
Randwyck

Quote:
Day 2
Worth watching the replay of his last also. Was buried in the stretch and didn't get the most enthusiastic ride. I think Abreu is primed for a big meet and this horse should get him started. He has Biondi to run down.

Feels like everyone in here could win. I'll take a shot with a horse who has shown an affinity for this course in the past and just missed last time against a few in here. SHould get the pace to run at and will get lost on the board.
Nice hits
Old 07-15-2022, 03:02 PM
Saratoga

Where is KONK? Nice....
Old 07-15-2022, 03:02 PM
Weanling

thank you dahoss you are saving my butt so far at the spa!
Old 07-15-2022, 03:12 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Day 2

nice job Hossy
Old 07-15-2022, 03:14 PM
Oriental Park

Great job with these.
Old 07-15-2022, 11:10 PM
Randwyck

Great job. keep it going
Old 07-16-2022, 08:38 AM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamblin4ever View Post
Nice hits
Quote:
Originally Posted by jms62 View Post
Where is KONK? Nice....
Quote:
Originally Posted by seekingthegold View Post
thank you dahoss you are saving my butt so far at the spa!
Quote:
Originally Posted by casp0555 View Post
nice job Hossy
Quote:
Originally Posted by moses View Post
Great job with these.
Quote:
Great job. keep it going
Thanks guys! Blind squirrel...
Old 07-16-2022, 08:42 AM
Keeneland

Quote:
Day 2

Whistlers Honor showed that he can run when he's not totally buried the entire stretch and won, paying $7.60 and $4.80. Danzigwiththestars got a perfect inside/out trip by Saez to win, paying $16.20 and $7.90.

Meet totals
$16 wagered
$64.80 returned
Old 07-16-2022, 08:52 AM
Keeneland

Day 3
Another skull buster of a card.
Best bet: Race 3- #8 Saratoga Chrome
This one actually won a race here last year but was DQ'd. Switched to the Michelle Nevin barn this year, she broke through the gate first time off the break, before the start, showed some early foot and packed it in. I can excuse that effort. Last time, she was totally eliminated early and actually continued on pretty well, finishing not that far behind a few of these. Is due for some luck and should be a fair price. No real knocks against the Brown favorite but the horse that beat her last time isn't much and she doesn't seem like a horse who wants a battle.

Longshot: Race 9- #4 Analogy
Set the pace two back breaking his maiden, beating a repeat winner and found himself last early last time. He absolutely flew home the last 3/16th's to just miss and IMO ran much better than Credit Event who will be half the price. This is a tough race, but I feel like this one has some upside still. Is drawn well inside and if finds a trip can be right there.
Old 07-17-2022, 11:14 AM
Keeneland

Quote:
Day 3
Another skull buster of a card.
Best bet: Race 3- #8 Saratoga Chrome
This one actually won a race here last year but was DQ'd. Switched to the Michelle Nevin barn this year, she broke through the gate first time off the break, before the start, showed some early foot and packed it in. I can excuse that effort. Last time, she was totally eliminated early and actually continued on pretty well, finishing not that far behind a few of these. Is due for some luck and should be a fair price. No real knocks against the Brown favorite but the horse that beat her last time isn't much and she doesn't seem like a horse who wants a battle.

Longshot: Race 9- #4 Analogy
Set the pace two back breaking his maiden, beating a repeat winner and found himself last early last time. He absolutely flew home the last 3/16th's to just miss and IMO ran much better than Credit Event who will be half the price. This is a tough race, but I feel like this one has some upside still. Is drawn well inside and if finds a trip can be right there.
Saratoga Chrome was very flat and never got involved. Analogy made a little run but was ultimately a non factor and the blinkers back off brought out the best of Credit Event. First of many humbling moments for the meet I'm sure.

Meet totals
$24 wagered
$64.80 returned