Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Stakes Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-21-2020, 08:40 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

Also, if you chose to believe that I don’t wager because I don’t share it on here, that’s your right. I hope you realize though that what you believe or not doesn’t change what I actually do or don’t do and that your belief or lack thereof really ranks low on the scale of things I care about.
Manila, Java Gold, Alysheba, Sunday Silence, Go for Wand, In Excess, Paseana, Kotashaan, Holy Bull, Cigar, Alphabet Soup, Formal Gold, Skip Away, Artax, Tiznow, Point Given, Azeri, Candy Ride, Smarty Jones, Ghostzapper, Invasor, Curlin, Zenyatta, Zenyatta, Goldikova, Havre de Grace, Wise Dan, Wise Dan, California Chrome, American Pharoah, Arrogate, Gun Runner, Accelerate, Maximum Security, Gamine
Old 06-21-2020, 08:53 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Glorious View Post
Also, if you chose to believe that I don’t wager because I don’t share it on here, that’s your right. I hope you realize though that what you believe or not doesn’t change what I actually do or don’t do and that your belief or lack thereof really ranks low on the scale of things I care about.
I choose to believe you don’t wager because you don’t strike me as someone who bets. Maybe I’m wrong and I could care less about you posting bets on here. Call it a gut feeling. You literally never have a pre race opinion on anything other than crap like where a horse should run. But you’re usually the first to appear post race. That’s what a gutless non bettor does.

The fact you felt the need to respond tells me that you care more than you can admit though.
Old 06-21-2020, 08:56 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Even if they took past races into account, that still wouldn’t change the fact that they ran the same time in the same track at the same distance yesterday. With that being the case you cannot say based on times that one was faster than the other. The only logical assumption to make is that they are saying the track changed.

Think of it another way. If one horse consistently runs 100 and another consistently runs 80 then they both run on the same day and get the same time, you are left with a couple of different choices:

A) the horse that always runs an 80 ran much faster today
B) the horse that always runs 100 ran much slower today
C) both horses ran close to their norm but the track was changed

This is pretty basic stuff that I’m hoping someone else will have the courage to tell you.
Obviously I made a mistake. See, I can admit it. I was thinking of something else.

Doesn’t really change the fact that Happy Saver getting a 100 would mean the others also ran way faster than they had previously. I’m sure you didn’t even look at the race beforehand, but does that seem logical?
Old 06-21-2020, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss View Post
I choose to believe you don’t wager because you don’t strike me as someone who bets. Maybe I’m wrong and I could care less about you posting bets on here. Call it a gut feeling. You literally never have a pre race opinion on anything other than crap like where a horse should run. But you’re usually the first to appear post race. That’s what a gutless non bettor does.

The fact you felt the need to respond tells me that you care more than you can admit though.
I don’t post pre race because I care about you. See, I know you live waiting on me to post so you can reply in a negative way and I don’t want you to be so distracted with trying to respond to me that you miss the actual races.

You’re welcome.
Manila, Java Gold, Alysheba, Sunday Silence, Go for Wand, In Excess, Paseana, Kotashaan, Holy Bull, Cigar, Alphabet Soup, Formal Gold, Skip Away, Artax, Tiznow, Point Given, Azeri, Candy Ride, Smarty Jones, Ghostzapper, Invasor, Curlin, Zenyatta, Zenyatta, Goldikova, Havre de Grace, Wise Dan, Wise Dan, California Chrome, American Pharoah, Arrogate, Gun Runner, Accelerate, Maximum Security, Gamine
Old 06-21-2020, 09:01 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
I don’t post pre race because I don’t bet and you were right.
FTFY
Old 06-21-2020, 09:53 PM

Whatever it takes to make you happy, I’m all for it. Have a great week my friend.
Old 06-21-2020, 09:55 PM
Goodwood

Quote:
I’m constantly amused at people who talk about speed figures but know nothing about them, how they are made, etc.

Ignorance is bliss!
Quote:
Internal fractions don’t matter?
They don't.

For SPEED figures (not PERFORMANCE figures), the internal fractions are irrelevant. When you make a Beyer figure, the only thing that matters is the final time.

Some 'performance' figures may take pace into account when creating a final numerical figure. That's not the same thing as a Beyer or other speed figure.
Old 06-21-2020, 10:15 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by philcski View Post
They don't.

For SPEED figures (not PERFORMANCE figures), the internal fractions are irrelevant. When you make a Beyer figure, the only thing that matters is the final time.

Some 'performance' figures may take pace into account when creating a final numerical figure. That's not the same thing as a Beyer or other speed figure.
Yeah Phil I already admitted I made a mistake and I was thinking of something else.

Did you miss that post?
Old 06-21-2020, 10:17 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Whatever it takes to make you happy, I’m all for it. Have a great week my friend.
Struck a nerve, huh?
Old 06-22-2020, 01:32 AM

Quote:
Obviously I made a mistake. See, I can admit it. I was thinking of something else.

Doesn’t really change the fact that Happy Saver getting a 100 would mean the others also ran way faster than they had previously. I’m sure you didn’t even look at the race beforehand, but does that seem logical?
It seems absolutely logical to not give him 100 also because as you said, that would indicate that the others had also run faster than they had before. That’s why it made sense to assume they had altered the track.
Old 06-22-2020, 05:33 AM
Steve Byk

SA Melair S: Warren's Showtime 85 (Clubhouse Ride) C. Lewis/J. Velez
SA American S (G3): Blitzkrieg 99 (War Front) D. O'Neill/V. Espinoza
SA San Juan Capistrano S (G3): Red King 92 (English Channel) P. D'Amato/U. Rispoli
SA Siren Lure S: Big Runnuer 96 (Stormy Atlantic) V. Garcia/R. Fuentes

WO Whimsical S (G3): Jean Elizabeth - (Adios Charlie) L. Rivelli/D. Moran

BEL Lady Shipman S: Bredenbury-IRE 88 (Night of Thunder-IRE) H. Motion/L. Saez

Last edited by Kasept : 06-22-2020 at 10:39 AM.
Old 06-22-2020, 11:43 AM
Havre de Grace

Did anyone explain why there would be a 10 point difference in those Beyer Numbers ? Will this be an adjusted figure in a couple of days ?
Old 06-22-2020, 03:26 PM
Detroit Race Course

Listen to Beyer on today's show.
Races 2 and 3 - separate variant.
After that, 10 points faster.
Old 06-22-2020, 06:48 PM
Goodwood

Quote:
Yeah Phil I already admitted I made a mistake and I was thinking of something else.

Did you miss that post?
I did, because it was on the second page.

You were quite salty on this topic though. Maybe just take the L and move on.
Old 06-22-2020, 07:00 PM
Keeneland

Quote:

LOL

Someone’s salty but it’s not me.
Old 06-22-2020, 07:13 PM
Keeneland

Quote:

Be honest...how many years have you been waiting for the day I made a mistake so you could rush in and correct me?
Old 06-22-2020, 08:03 PM
Havre de Grace

Quote:
Be honest...how many years have you been waiting for the day I made a mistake so you could rush in and correct me?

You sound like Donald Trump.
Old 06-22-2020, 08:07 PM
Goodwood

Quote:
Huh?

Don't flatter yourself. I don't know you. I know a lot of people on this board and they know me. You're not that important to me, not sure how you got that opinion.

You're out of line here and I'm telling you nicely to back down. That is all.
Old 06-22-2020, 08:44 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Huh?

Don't flatter yourself. I don't know you. I know a lot of people on this board and they know me. You're not that important to me, not sure how you got that opinion.

You're out of line here and I'm telling you nicely to back down. That is all.
Putting aside how upset I am about not being that important to you, because I thought we really had something...

You’re telling me to back down? From what? What are you going to do if I don’t?
Old 06-22-2020, 08:47 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alabama Stakes View Post
You sound like Donald Trump.
You look like a bulldog with cornrows