Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > International Racing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-01-2009, 02:12 PM
Saratoga

Saturday gallops, from DRC...

Saturday mornings continue to be exceptionally busy at Nad Al Sheba with trainers keen to utilise the opportunity to use the main track.

South African trainer Herman Brown’s star Jay Peg looked well under assistant trainer Terry Fripp. Ryan Moore partnered Brown’s Dubai Sheema Classic hopeful Mourilyan, while Keagan Latham was also riding out for his compatriot and was spotted on Basaltico and Desert Links.

Mike De Kock’s powerful string started early, when visibility was non-existent, but Trevor Brown was seen on UAE 2000 Guineas contender Rocks Off once the fog lifted.

Bankable, Biarritz, Russian Sage and Dubai World Cup possible Honour Devil were others noted in action once viewing had improved.

Bahrain’s Fawzi Nass took last year’s Jebel Ali Mile winner Jonquil to work on the dirt and he looked in great shape and ready for his seasonal debut expected this week.

Adrian Nicholls was on his father’s Northern Fling and John Oxx’s Red Eye Express continues to catch the eye having been ruled out of his intended local debut on the first night of the Dubai International Racing Carnival when found to be lame the morning before the race.

Mick Kinane was again in the saddle as he worked well on turf.

Germany’s Quijano , a Carnival regular who was fourth in last year’s Dubai Sheema Classic, continued his preparation on the turf, while George Margarson’s Young Mick, an excellent second on Thursday, looked totally recovered from those exertions.

Greece, France, Australia and Japan were just a few of the other countries whose horses exercised earlier.
Old 02-03-2009, 12:45 PM
Saratoga

Oh my God I had no idea Yard-Arm was still running!

Thursday is looking really good!
Old 02-03-2009, 07:21 PM
Ak-Sar-Ben

Default The Ghost Is Running On Thursday

THE NAME OF THE HORSE IS: "FRONT HOUSE".
AND IT WILL BE THE FIRST APPEARENCE OF THE IRISH-SHAKE MAGNIER (YES FROM COOLMORE) AND THE PRESTIGIUS WILGERBOSDRIFT STUD.
I WONT BET A DIME ON IT EVEN IF HE SCORES

No wonder they like it hot....
Old 02-03-2009, 07:23 PM
Newmarket

Thursday's entries 2/5

http://dubairacingcarnival.net/Dubai%202.5.09.pdf

http://www.hickoryhillhoff.blogspot.com/
Old 02-04-2009, 08:51 PM
Saratoga

Behold!

Russian Sage is entered on Friday.

Prepare to witness greatness.

(Ummm, so I just jinxed him, huh?)
Old 02-05-2009, 02:48 PM
Ak-Sar-Ben

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaripeo
THE NAME OF THE HORSE IS: "FRONT HOUSE".
AND IT WILL BE THE FIRST APPEARENCE OF THE IRISH-SHAKE MAGNIER (YES FROM COOLMORE) AND THE PRESTIGIUS WILGERBOSDRIFT STUD.
I WONT BET A DIME ON IT EVEN IF HE SCORES
NOT SO BAD FOR THE MEGALOMANIACS GUYS FROM COOLMORE... !PUF¡.

Old 02-05-2009, 10:42 PM
Ak-Sar-Ben

Default The yellow floyd is coming.

ITS ALLWAYS FUN TO TAKE CHANCES AND TOMORROW THE JAPANES MAKE THEIR APARENCES ON THE SIX RACE IN DUBAIS PROGRAM.
EARTH LIVING is the horse

Old 02-06-2009, 11:39 AM
Saratoga

Quote:
ITS ALLWAYS FUN TO TAKE CHANCES AND TOMORROW THE JAPANES MAKE THEIR APARENCES ON THE SIX RACE IN DUBAIS PROGRAM.
EARTH LIVING is the horse
Good luck! If SOS doesn't do it, I think your girl will.
Old 02-06-2009, 12:21 PM
Coach Pants

Earth Living was impressive with the wide trip.
Old 02-09-2009, 10:04 AM
Ak-Sar-Ben

IT LOOCK LIKE THE SOUTHAFRICAN MDEKOCK WILL HAVE A SUPER THURSDAY NEXT TIME. I WILL PLAYHIM ALL DAY LONG.
VERY ESPECIAL HORSES: WAACH OUT DUBAI

Old 02-11-2009, 06:11 PM
Ak-Sar-Ben

Barbaricus (Danny O'Brien)
I'm not 100% up to date on what plans are for this lad but last I heard was that he was going out to Dubai early to be be prepared for the Sheema Classic. If that is the case, then he should be winning whatever he competes in along the way. He's a bold front runner who dosen't like letting horses go by him.

Old 02-11-2009, 06:17 PM
Randwyck

Barbaricus is in the last race on Thursday and is my top pick.
Old 02-11-2009, 07:36 PM
Newmarket

Question Exactly where.....

Mr. Brock looks interesting in the finale....exactly what track and country did he reel off those last three victories?
I guess it was somewhere in Africa

http://www.hickoryhillhoff.blogspot.com/
Old 02-11-2009, 08:39 PM
Randwyck

That was the island nation of Mauritius, and if he wins, I'm done!
Old 02-13-2009, 02:39 PM
Ak-Sar-Ben

JJ THE JET PLANE

Champion Sprinter JJ The Jet Plane after racing prominently for a furlong, he was soon struggling on his local debut in an 1100m dirt conditions race.
Kevin Shea explained afterwards: “He just did not handle the dirtplain and simple. We had to try it though.”

Next time will see

Old 02-13-2009, 02:41 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
JJ THE JET PLANE

Champion Sprinter JJ The Jet Plane after racing prominently for a furlong, he was soon struggling on his local debut in an 1100m dirt conditions race.
Kevin Shea explained afterwards: “He just did not handle the dirtplain and simple. We had to try it though.”

Next time will see
He'll do better!

As an aside, did you see Hattan????? I'm almost in tears just thinking about how good he was!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(In a good way, of course).
Old 02-13-2009, 02:57 PM
Ak-Sar-Ben

Quote:
Originally Posted by my miss storm cat
He'll do better!

As an aside, did you see Hattan????? I'm almost in tears just thinking about how good he was!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(In a good way, of course).
Yea he did a fast one...... (Ups, in the good way, ¿¿ course??)

Old 02-13-2009, 03:07 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Yea he did a fast one...... (Ups, in the good way, ¿¿ course??)
Old 02-15-2009, 03:38 PM
Ak-Sar-Ben

ANY WORDS ABOUT THIS

Tsui awaits Dubai confirmation for Lucky Quality

By Murray Bell

Lucky Quality did his part, winning the Class One Jebsen Industrial Handicap on the all-weather track under topweight of 133 pounds, and now the ball is in the court of the Dubai Racing Club to see if the flying four-year-old becomes Hong Kong's next international runner.

Lucky Quality made it five wins for the season when he led for most of the 1,200 metres and comfortably held Solar Mighty at bay to score by 1-1/4 lengths - no mean effort when you realise the runner-up has won his last two starts on the surface and was receiving 30 pounds from Lucky Quality.
Trainer Me Tsui Yu-sak wants to take his freakish dirt racer to Dubai for the Group One Golden Shaheen over the straight 1,200m course at Nad al Sheba on World Cup night at the end of March.
And indications from Dubai last night gave Tsui and owner Peter Wu Hin-ting cause for optimism.
The Jockey Club's international racing manager Mark Player called Dubai immediately after Lucky Quality's authoritative display and gave his Emirates Racing Association counterpart Martin Talty a blow by blow description of the win.
"Martin is one vote on the committee that decides on the invitees for the Group Ones on World Cup night, so while he cannot commit definitely today, he is quite optimistic," Player said.
Winning jockey Olivier Doleuze was delighted to hear that bulletin and, having been on board Lucky Quality in four of those five wins, he's keen to maintain the association in Dubai.
"It was a very good win because he's now as high as you can go in dirt racing in Hong Kong - there's nothing left for him," Doleuze said.
"Today, he was a bit more relaxed than usual and that worried me a little, but once he got into his rhythm in the race I was never really concerned.
"He has tremendous speed, he loves racing on the dirt and it was a great effort today, giving away such a big weight to a horse who has won his last two starts as well."
Doleuze was king of the dirt yesterday, making it a double when Dynamic Blitz ($34.50 favourite) won the Class Three Jebsen Marine Handicap in an afternoon stroll, posting a 6-1/4 length margin.
"I was very pleased with this horse, he feels like a good horse underneath me," Doleuze said.
"He has already beaten Kildare down the straight on turf, and he's won by a big margin on the dirt.
"While Lucky Quality is clearly a superior horse on the dirt, I think this horse is just as good on turf or the dirt. After all, he's already beaten Kildare down the straight on the turf, so how strong is that form now?"
Apart from their love of the all-weather track, being ridden by Doleuze and each starting favourite, these young gun sprinters are by the same sire - Darley's explosive sprinter Elusive Quality. The son of champion sire Gone West commands a US$75,000 stud fee this season in the US and should be more popular than ever, with his Europe-based son Raven's Pass having been shipped stateside in October to win the US$5 million Breeders' Cup Classic.

Old 02-16-2009, 10:45 AM
Saratoga

Yeah can't wait to see which other HK (applause! ) runners go!

From RP...

De Kock stars out in force this week
By Jason Ford2.16PM 16 FEB 2009

MIKE De Kock, largely overshadowed by the unstoppable Saeed Bin Suroor so far at this year's Dubai Carnival, is set to unleash some of his biggest names this week at the double-header on Thursday and Friday.

UAE Derby winner Honour Devil will join familiar former European-trained stars Bankable, Macarthur and Stubbs Art are among those set to represent the South African at Nad Al Sheba.

Despite six winners this year, DeKock has conceded his number one position overall to Bin Suroor, whose Godolphin machine has churned out 14.

On Thursday, Dubai World Cup hope Honour Devil runs for the first time since thrashing stablemate Royal Vintage in last year's UAE Derby for his third win at the carnival.

The four-year-old will run in a 1m conditions race on the dirt alongside stablemate Lucky Find, but Thursday's feature race is theGroup 2 Al Fahidi Fort at the same trip on turf, won in the past by the likes of Ipi Tombe, Linngari (twice) and last year Archipenko.

De Kock has five entered, headed by Imbongi and King Of Rome, another new recruit from Ballydoyle.

Linngari's trainer Herman Brown, will run last year's Duty Free winner Jay Peg who could be joined in the field by stable companions Kings Gambit and Traffic Guard.

With large entries but only ten able to compete in them, at least one of the turf handicaps is set to divide. Dual Guineas third Stubbs Art is ready to make his De kock debut in the 71/2f race.

The eighth meeting of the carnival on Friday features the Balanchine Stakes, a Listed race over 1m1f on the turf for fillies and mares.

The De Kock-trained Front House will take on Saudi Arabia's Deem, who beat her over a furlong shorter earlier this month in the Cape Verdi.

Hardwicke Stakes winner Macarthur is set to make his debut for De Kock in a 1m1f turf handicap on the same card.

The former Luca Cumani-trained Bankable is entered for the same race, although it looks likely to divide.

Top South African perfomer Kildonan, always held in the highest regard, is finally ready for his UAE debut in the 6f dirt handicap. He has been off the track since suffering an injury when being prepared for Hong Kong in 2007.