Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > International Racing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-22-2006, 09:40 AM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hwjb
That's a good point...I haven't heard anything of this horse since he won at Gowran in May. Clearly something must have gone amiss with him, and Ballydoyle aren't always the most open about such things, but I'll try and find out about him!
Oh thanks... and thanks for all your insight.

No idea, Johannesburg. I'll look around later but if you haven't found anything there's no chance i will.
Old 09-27-2006, 10:27 AM
Bowie

how many lives
can they
ruin
in 1 year?

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article...376797,00.html
Old 09-27-2006, 10:41 AM
Lincoln Fields

To be fair 'Robber' Winston is a terrible a huge cheat and a terrible human being (in my opinion!)
Old 09-28-2006, 09:55 PM
Bowie

Quote:
To be fair 'Robber' Winston is a terrible a huge cheat and a terrible human being (in my opinion!)
why do u
say that?
Old 09-30-2006, 05:05 AM
Lincoln Fields

Statement of fact! If you see any British racing then you'll be only too aware that Winston, more than any other jockey, is prone to dropping his mounts out, giving them no chance, before whipping them with a few air shots just for the stewards. I swear, half his mounts must be non-triers. The sad thing is that when he wants to be he is a really good jockey, and probably could be champion (for all that I think Ryan Moore has the championship sewn up for the next decade).
Old 10-04-2006, 08:50 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Statement of fact! If you see any British racing then you'll be only too aware that Winston, more than any other jockey, is prone to dropping his mounts out, giving them no chance, before whipping them with a few air shots just for the stewards. I swear, half his mounts must be non-triers. The sad thing is that when he wants to be he is a really good jockey, and probably could be champion (for all that I think Ryan Moore has the championship sewn up for the next decade).
Any feelings on Chris Munce?

Do you think he'll show up in HK tomorrow to face the charges?

Another nice purchase by Godolphin.....

http://www.anba.com.br/ingles/noticia.php?id=12505
Old 10-09-2006, 02:17 PM
Saratoga

Random stuff.....

Soviet Song retired, Ouija Board looking good in workouts, and this from the HKJC.

Are they strict enough???

Brett Prebble Suspension

9 October 2006

As a result of being found to have, on two occasions, breached the careless riding rule at the Sha Tin racemeeting conducted last Saturday, 7 October 2006, Jockey Brett Prebble was suspended from riding in races for a period to expire on 30 October 2006 on which day he may resume race riding. The commencement of that suspension was deferred until after 21 October 2006 (2 Hong Kong racedays). In deciding the dates of suspension the Racing Stewards considered a submission from Jockey Prebble that he had, subject to the Jockey Club's approval, a firm commitment to ride in the Caulfield Cup (Group 1) to be run in Melbourne, Australia, on 21 October 2006.

Jockey Prebble has today advised the Racing Stewards the horse he was to ride in the Caulfield Cup will not start in that race and he requested consideration be given to amending the dates of his suspension.

After due consideration, the Racing Stewards have decided that Jockey Prebble's period of suspension from riding in races will now commence on 16 October 2006 and expire on 22 October 2006 on which day he may resume riding in races (2 Hong Kong racedays).

There is no alteration to the Racing Stewards' decision to, in addition, fine Jockey Prebble a total of $70,000 for these rule breaches.
Old 10-19-2006, 11:48 AM
Saratoga

Rest in peace.....

Henry Tsang, only 28, a former jockey who jumped from the 19th floor of the Jockey Club headquarters yesterday. He had had problems with the Hong Kong Jockey Club in the past.

Sad, sad, sad.....
Old 11-09-2006, 10:59 AM
Saratoga

Continued prayers and good wishes to Fondmort.....

I hope he makes it.

http://www.sportinglife.com/racing/n..._Fondmort.html
Old 11-09-2006, 11:15 AM
Lincoln Fields

Hear hear.
Fondmort is a wonderfully consistent, genuine and tough high-class chaser who jumps wonderfully and has been an exceptional servant to connections.