Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > International Racing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-13-2007, 09:03 AM
Saratoga

Default A change of address for.....

Irridescence to stay in the states (announced yesterday).

US Ranger to AOB (announced last week).

Creachadoir to Godolphin (just announced).

Per Incanto to Dunlop (bought by Hamdan Al Maktoum).
Old 08-13-2007, 09:17 AM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by my miss storm cat
Irridescence to stay in the states (announced yesterday).

US Ranger to AOB (announced last week).

Creachadoir to Godolphin (just announced).

Per Incanto to Dunlop (bought by Hamdan Al Maktoum).

and now we murderers because we kill time
Old 08-13-2007, 09:18 AM
Saratoga

You mean your friends at Godolphin didn't tell you that one?
Old 08-13-2007, 09:28 AM
The Curragh

Quote:
You mean your friends at Godolphin didn't tell you that one?

*sigh*

Old 08-13-2007, 05:15 PM
Saratoga

Irridescence to be transfered to Rusty Arnold..... can someone tell me about him? Thanks.
Old 08-14-2007, 05:56 PM
Saratoga

Meurice to Darley.....

http://www.smh.com.au/news/horseraci...857512619.html
Old 08-15-2007, 04:12 PM
Saratoga

Darley makes deal for Any Given Saturday
By GLENYE CAIN OAKFORD

LEXINGTON, Ky. - Haskell winner Any Given Saturday will have a new owner after the Breeders' Cup Classic, but it's undecided whether he will compete at age 4 next year.

Sheikh Mohammed al-Maktoum's Darley organization announced Wednesday that it has struck a deal with Any Given Saturday's current owners, Bill Casner and Ken Troutt's WinStar Farm and Satish and Anne Sanan's Padua Stables, to privately purchase the 3-year-old Distorted Humor colt outright. Darley will take possession of Any Given Saturday after his planned run in the Breeders' Cup Classic, which is to be run at Monmouth Park on Oct. 27. WinStar and Padua will continue to campaign him until then.

As for whether the colt would compete in 2008, Darley stallion nominations manager Charlie Boden said Wednesday: "That's a possibility, but nothing's been decided yet. It depends on how he's doing."

Any Given Saturday scored his third stakes victory and fifth win from nine starts when he defeated Hard Spun and Preakness winner Curlin in the Haskell on Aug. 5 at Monmouth. Earlier this year he captured the Grade 2 Dwyer at Belmont and the Sam F. Davis Stakes at Tampa Bay Downs, and he narrowly lost to eventual Kentucky Derby winner Street Sense when finishing second in the Grade 3 Tampa Bay Derby. His other graded placings are a third-place finish in the Grade 1 Wood Memorial in April and a second in the Grade 2 Kentucky Jockey Club Stakes last season. Todd Pletcher trains Any Given Saturday, who has earned $989,213.

"Any Given Saturday is a special horse to WinStar and Padua, but because of our business approach to the industry we are willing to look at all opportunities, including selling such a tremendous stallion prospect," WinStar president Doug Cauthen said in a statement issued Wednesday. "We know Darley will do a wonderful job, and we hope to breed to him throughout his career."

Any Given Saturday is out of the A.P. Indy winner Weekend in Indy, making him a half-brother to graded winner Bohemian Lady.
Old 08-15-2007, 04:35 PM
The Curragh

I'm really surprised WinStar sold him.......... anyone else surprised about this. They don't seem like the operation that would sell a fairly good looking stallion prospect.

Old 08-23-2007, 09:28 AM
Saratoga

Racing post...

Military Power acquired for Princess Haya of Jordan

by Rodney Masters

MILITARY POWER, a once-raced son of Dubai Destination trained by John Hills, has been purchased for an undisclosed sum on behalf of Sheikh Mohammed's wife, Princess Haya of Jordan.

The colt, who has entries in the Racing Post Trophy and Darley Dewhurst Stakes, will remain with the Lambourn trainer until at least the end of the season.

On his sole start Military Power was sent off at 40-1 at Sandown, but he finished third, beaten less than a length by Campanologist.

He was then owned by Gary Woodward and partners, but a deal has now been finalised to sell to Princess Haya.

Military Power is the first horse Hills has trained for Princess Haya, and he said on Thursday: "I'm thrilled that the colt will stay with us for the remainder of this season.

"I've always thought a lot of him, and he ran a very nice race at Sandown, where he may have been a little unlucky not to win. I am in no hurry with him because he is still maturing. I'll try to find a nice maiden.”

Military Power is a half-brother to 7f winner Monsusu and 1m seller winner Non Ultra. He came up for auction as a yearling, but was led out unsold at 18,000gns.
Old 08-29-2007, 08:59 PM
Saratoga

Racing Post.....

Acomb ace Fast Company snapped up by Maktoums

by David Lawrence

FAST COMPANY, impressive winner of last week's Acomb Stakes at York, has been purchased for an undisclosed sum by Sheikh Mohammed's son Sheikh Hamdan Bin Rashid.

The Danehill Dancer colt, who took a Salisbury maiden on his debutlast month and collected by three-and-a half lengths in the Group 3 event on the Knavesmire while carrying the silks of US-based owner Earle I Mack, will remain in the care of Manton trainer Brian Meehan.

John Ferguson, bloodstock adviser to Sheikh Mohammed, said on Wednesday: "We are delighted to have purchased Fast Company, who looked like a colt with a big future at York, and it's exciting to have a horse in training with Brian Meehan.

"The colt will carry the colours of Sheikh Hamdan Bin Rashid, Sheikh Mohammed's son, and we're obviously hoping he can take a step up the ladder by graduating to a higher grade than his win in the Acomb." Fast Company, who is s short as 12-1 with Betfred for the 2,000 Guineas, could well have his next race in the Group 1 Dewhurst Stakes at Newmarket on October 20, an event sponsored by Sheikh Mohammed's Darley bloodstock organisation.

Meehan said on Wednesday: "He's in the Dewhurst and that's a possibility, although no targets will be confirmed until we've all had a chance to sit down and discuss the matter.

"I'd always planned to give Fast Company a little time off after the Acomb, and stepping up to a Group 1 is the obvious next move, so there aren't all that many options open to us."

Meehanadded: "I'm very pleased to have a horse in my stable owned by the Maktoum family and delighted that Fast Company is staying in the yard, as he's a smashing colt with a lot of ability.”
Old 08-29-2007, 10:45 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Racing Post.....

Acomb ace Fast Company snapped up by Maktoums

by David Lawrence

FAST COMPANY, impressive winner of last week's Acomb Stakes at York, has been purchased for an undisclosed sum by Sheikh Mohammed's son Sheikh Hamdan Bin Rashid.

The Danehill Dancer colt, who took a Salisbury maiden on his debutlast month and collected by three-and-a half lengths in the Group 3 event on the Knavesmire while carrying the silks of US-based owner Earle I Mack, will remain in the care of Manton trainer Brian Meehan.

John Ferguson, bloodstock adviser to Sheikh Mohammed, said on Wednesday: "We are delighted to have purchased Fast Company, who looked like a colt with a big future at York, and it's exciting to have a horse in training with Brian Meehan.

"The colt will carry the colours of Sheikh Hamdan Bin Rashid, Sheikh Mohammed's son, and we're obviously hoping he can take a step up the ladder by graduating to a higher grade than his win in the Acomb." Fast Company, who is s short as 12-1 with Betfred for the 2,000 Guineas, could well have his next race in the Group 1 Dewhurst Stakes at Newmarket on October 20, an event sponsored by Sheikh Mohammed's Darley bloodstock organisation.

Meehan said on Wednesday: "He's in the Dewhurst and that's a possibility, although no targets will be confirmed until we've all had a chance to sit down and discuss the matter.

"I'd always planned to give Fast Company a little time off after the Acomb, and stepping up to a Group 1 is the obvious next move, so there aren't all that many options open to us."

Meehanadded: "I'm very pleased to have a horse in my stable owned by the Maktoum family and delighted that Fast Company is staying in the yard, as he's a smashing colt with a lot of ability.”
I really hope Fast Company's former connections do not have to seek counseling due to the pressure one feels when Darley offers large sums of money to buy a horse.
Old 08-29-2007, 11:52 PM
Santa Anita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sightseek
I really hope Fast Company's former connections do not have to seek counseling due to the pressure one feels when Darley offers large sums of money to buy a horse.
Maybe the Sheikhs throw in the cost of counselling too.. theyre nice guys and princess haya is a lovely woman!!

#Grand
Old 09-02-2007, 02:48 AM
Saratoga

Sporting Life.....

GODOLPHIN STRENGTHEN RANKS

By PA Sport Staff

Godolphin have continued to bolster their ranks for nest year's Classics with the purchase of leading 1000 Guineas fancy Laureldean Gale.

A smooth winner of a Newmarket maiden on her debut for Peter Chapple-Hyam, she was not disgraced on her next start when chasing home Andre Fabre's top-class filly Proviso in a Group Three at Deauville.

It is the second time this season Sheikh Mohammed has purchased an inmate from Chapple-Hyam's St Gatien Stables after Authorized was bought as a stallion prospect just days after his Derby victory.

Laureldean Gale is currently 9-1 second favourite with the sponsors Stan James for the 1000 Guineas.

Simon Crisford, racing manager for Godolphin, said: "Laureldean Gale joined us on Friday and she will probably run for us here in the blue colours, but we don't know where yet.

"She looks a quality filly and will spend the winter with us in Dubai," he told the Racing Post.
Old 09-02-2007, 03:11 AM
The Curragh

I'm sorry, but this is becoming ridiculous.

They can't breed horses themselves, so they have to buy everyone else's. It really sucks to see so many nice horses going to them.

With all their purchasing all they are doing over here is creating a much bigger divide between the big guys and the small guys, and that isn't good for racing. No matter what anyone says. As soon as anyone gets a nice horse, bang, it's gone. The people who owned this filly were more than likely to race her for several seasons, but now i doubt we will see her past the age of 3 if she does any good.

It's very frustrating to see this happen week in week out. They have showed that the organisation struggles to cope with the amount of horses they have, but still they are too short sighted to see this and continue to buy.

They bought Silca's Sister who looked like a future star when she was with Channon..... as soon as she goes to Godolphin she becomes crap. I hope the same doesn't happen with this girl, because she looks very exciting for next year.

Although with my bet on You'resothrilling for next year's 1,000 Guineas...... i've not got nothing to worry about from Laureldean Gale now

Old 09-02-2007, 11:28 AM
Saratoga

Be fair... Silca's Sister got hurt.

Announcement.....

No Chance will not be responding to this post as, according to Simon Crisford, he was just purchased by Godolphin.
Old 09-02-2007, 04:43 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
Be fair... Silca's Sister got hurt.

Announcement.....

No Chance will not be responding to this post as, according to Simon Crisford, he was just purchased by Godolphin.

yeah, and three guesses what got her injured

I think they must have bought me, because right now my little finger is twice the size it should be and i can hardly walk.......... they have managed to ruin me, too!

Old 09-03-2007, 02:56 PM
Saratoga

NEW Approach sale

Sheikh Mohammed’s Darley organisation has purchased a half of this year’s star juvenile performer, New Approach (05 c Galileo - Park Express by Ahonoora).
The winner of the Futurity Stakes (Gr2) will continue to be trained by Jim Bolger whose wife Mrs Jackie Bolger retains the other 50 per cent.

John Ferguson, Sheikh Mohammed’s bloodstock advisor said: “We are delighted to have purchased a half-share in New Approach; he is one of the outstanding two-year-olds of 2007 who has the scope, pedigree and quality to go on to be a top prospect for the Classics next year.”
Old 09-03-2007, 03:20 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
NEW Approach sale

Sheikh Mohammed’s Darley organisation has purchased a half of this year’s star juvenile performer, New Approach (05 c Galileo - Park Express by Ahonoora).
The winner of the Futurity Stakes (Gr2) will continue to be trained by Jim Bolger whose wife Mrs Jackie Bolger retains the other 50 per cent.

John Ferguson, Sheikh Mohammed’s bloodstock advisor said: “We are delighted to have purchased a half-share in New Approach; he is one of the outstanding two-year-olds of 2007 who has the scope, pedigree and quality to go on to be a top prospect for the Classics next year.”
Just aslong as he doesn't go to Godolphin, i don't really care.

It is becoming very annoying and boring now, though. When people begin to buy what they see as competition it stops being a sport, and that is exactly what is happening in England and Ireland right now.

Fans are leaving the sport, prize money is way down, less people are watching on the TV. Now, i'm not for one minute saying the sheikhs are to blame, but they are certainly not helping things over here by doing this mass buying

Old 09-04-2007, 11:49 AM
Saratoga

Prince buys 2008 UAE Derby hope Cat

Marcelo Sarachi

Argentine stakes winner Sentimiento Cat, a highly regarded three-year-old colt, has been purchased by Emmanuel de Seroux of California-based Narvick International on behalf of prominent Saudi Arabian owner Prince Sultan bin Mohammed bin Saud al Kabeer.

The son of Argentine leading freshman sire Easing Along was an impressive winner of the Clasico Julio Penna on debut before finishing second to Sheikh Hamdan bin Rashid al Maktoum’s new purchase Mach Glory in the Gran Premio Carreras de las Estrellas Juvenile (Arg-G1) on turf at San Isidro on June 30.

Sentimiento Cat will be aimed at major races for three-year-olds in Dubai, including the 2008 UAE Derby on March 29 at Nad al Sheba racecourse.

Meanwhile, Magic Sale, a full sister to the Prince’s 2006 UAE 2,000 Guineas winner Gold for Sale, remained undefeated with a victory in Hipodromo La Plata’s Gran Premio Seleccion de Potrancas, that track’s equivalent of the Oaks, on Sunday in Buenos Aires.
Old 09-06-2007, 07:14 PM
Santa Anita

Best Gift to NZ:
http://www.nzracingnews.co.nz/news-a...rns-to-nz.html

Paul O'Sullivan has sent him to his brother Lance.