Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > Equine Health, Retirement & Aftercare
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 11-14-2007, 09:13 AM
Santa Anita

To me, the infraction occurred 4 1/2 years ago while he was out of town. My guess is Mr. Sciacca understands the standards of Dee Tee Stables. I really don't see a problem here.
Old 11-14-2007, 09:37 AM
Belmont Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumitas
To me, the infraction occurred 4 1/2 years ago while he was out of town. My guess is Mr. Sciacca understands the standards of Dee Tee Stables. I really don't see a problem here.
So if happens again when Mr. Sciacca (maybe we could call him Schultz from now on?) is out of town and your juiced horse wins a race....What are Dee tee's procedures/standards when their horse/trainer get caught cheating? What do you guys do? Fire the trainer and cut checks back for the purse money to a horsepark for retired race horses? Maybe you could then change the name to Earl's Stables?
Old 11-14-2007, 09:42 AM
Steve Byk

Quote:
Originally Posted by docicu3
Getting back to the subject of the thread perhaps Steve will offer to have Gary on the show to show to give his side so he has a chance at damage control...
Made that offer to Gary already and he may make a visit next week. I got to know him and Paul Barone the summer after the incident, and heard their side of what transpired as they fought the SRWB on it these last 4 years. I'm going to recuse myself from this for the most part... Simply put, it's very difficult for me to not be biased in favor of Sciacca and Barone having become close friends with them and their families.
Old 11-14-2007, 09:46 AM
Belmont Park

I guess there are two to three sides to every story..Funny how we always believe are friends side.. Human nature I guess..I know I am like that as well. I always believe the person who I like and respect.
Old 11-14-2007, 10:01 AM
Arlington Park

Give Scav the microphone?
Old 11-14-2007, 10:25 AM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon Shell
Was there a fight?
Multiple. From what I understand in talking to the regular Wolves fan, they are multiple per game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsmc
Cannon busting on Scavs are some of my alltime favorite posts, this may be the best yet.

He didn't even have to go to the well and ask if he got lost on the way to the arena.
I actually loved his response on this because it was so hilarious. It made me crack up.
Old 11-14-2007, 11:42 AM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scav
Multiple. From what I understand in talking to the regular Wolves fan, they are multiple per game.
Here's a pic of Tie Domi giving Scavs a bath.

I actually considered dropping Domi from my small and elite gang of heros - not because he was caught cheating on his wife.....but because he cheated on her with a daughter of Frank Stronach.

But, upon further review - he has done more than enough and is cemented in....along with the black guy version of Randy Moss, Sylvester Stallone, and the troll who posts here under the moniker 'Wigmore'.

They pretty much make up my own personal Mount Rushmore.
Old 11-14-2007, 11:43 AM
Oriental Park

I love watching the old fights of Probert beating his ass, have some good ones on Youtube
Old 11-14-2007, 11:49 AM
Flemington

He beat Probert handily in their second one - and did some epic championship belt Hulk Hogan rip-off celebration.

Domi's money.
Old 11-14-2007, 11:51 AM
Oriental Park

That was after Probert got caught at the boarder when customs found a sandwich bag of cocaine in his anus.

Youtube hockey fights drugs, they have some great ones.
Old 11-14-2007, 11:52 AM
Arlington Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bid
I love watching the old fights of Probert beating his ass, have some good ones on Youtube
Probert, like most everyone, always beat the sh1t out of Domi. Domi's as much of an ass today as he was when he played. He almost beat the hell out of his kid's hockey coach because his son didn't play the first couple shifts. Turned out Tie forgot to pack the kid's hockey gloves.
Old 11-14-2007, 12:03 PM
Oriental Park

If its Domi's kid he probably didnt need gloves!
Old 11-14-2007, 12:23 PM
Sheepshead Bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Indomitable DrugS
Here's a pic of Tie Domi giving Scavs a bath.

I actually considered dropping Domi from my small and elite gang of heros - not because he was caught cheating on his wife.....but because he cheated on her with a daughter of Frank Stronach.

But, upon further review - he has done more than enough and is cemented in....along with the black guy version of Randy Moss, Sylvester Stallone, and the troll who posts here under the moniker 'Wigmore'.

They pretty much make up my own personal Mount Rushmore.

Gotta love Domi. I went to the Rangers game at the Garden yrs ago when Bob Probert (Detroit) and him had their epic 800 punch fight. Unfortuneatly for Tie, Probert destroyed him.
Old 11-14-2007, 12:37 PM
Arlington Park

Domi was tough. He just had a tough time against the bigger guys. The one Domi-Probert fight at NY was a classic as Domi did his "belt around the waist" routine.

I think YouTube has a clip with 9 or 10 Probert-Domi fights. They usually end with, "down goes Domi."

hockeyfights.com is usually pretty current and includes some minor league stuff.
Old 11-14-2007, 01:11 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bid
That was after Probert got caught at the boarder when customs found a sandwich bag of cocaine in his anus.

Youtube hockey fights drugs, they have some great ones.

'that's not mine. i don't know how that got there'.

isn't that the typical response to the cops??
Old 11-14-2007, 03:22 PM
Santa Anita

When Domi played for the Binghamton Rangers in the AHL he'd ride his hockey stick after scoring a goal.
Old 11-14-2007, 03:32 PM
Santa Anita

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumitas
When Domi played for the Binghamton Rangers in the AHL he'd ride his hockey stick after scoring a goal.
He did the same in the NHL. It didn't happen often though, which is why he fought.
Old 11-14-2007, 04:30 PM
Dee Tee Stables

love hockey, one of the few things i miss about moving south....started going to caps games as a kid, it's great!
Old 11-14-2007, 05:11 PM
Woodbine

Here is a perspective from inside the Sciacca barn. I have had horses with Gary since '99 and he is NOT a cheater. The facts of the case are the "investigator" saw a tube and a jug OUTSIDE the stall of a horse he could not identify. He managed to read the minds of Paul Barone and Oscar Deleon (barn foreman) and divine that they milkshaked Storm River Kelly, not give vitamins and electrolytes to a horse that had run the day before (which is routine with Gary). The contents of the jug were never tested and Storm River Kelly was tested NEGATIVE multiple times for CO2 levels. So when did this "milkshaking" occur? Add in the fact that the State Racing and Wagering Board investigators changed their stories multiple times and the whole thing has a ring of BS to it. Gary and Paul spent almost $50k in legal fees fighting this nonsense but NY State being the political black hole that it is, was willing to drag this out until Gary and Paul were broke. They decided to take their punishment now during this uncertain time with NYRA to miss as little racing as possible.
To further this farce the SRWB, in an effort to save face, offered to forget the suspension if Gary fired Paul which he refused to do.
To my knowledge Gary has zero medication positives, so how is he a "cheater"?
While some have pointed out that Gary had a time when he was a 20% trainer it is important to note that Ray Winnick, Klaravich Stables and Sam Morrell were his major clients at the time. Ray and Sam unfortunately passed away and dispersed their stables and Klaravich left for Rick Violette, so the quality of his stock has dropped dramatically accounting for the drop in win percentage. It's difficult to make chicken salad from chicken sh--.
As a small owner, I can't afford to get stuck getting disqualified from a purse, so if I thought my trainer was a cheat I'd be out of the barn in a day.
Old 11-14-2007, 06:41 PM
Dee Tee Stables

well, i'm glad someone finally answered the question of whether the horse was tested.