Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-06-2015, 11:44 AM
Saratoga

Default What a screw up- Seahawks/Lions

Im glad I did not have any money on this game, although Detroit did cover the spread .....what a colossal screw up and a blah kind of game

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2015/10/...johnson-fumble
Old 10-06-2015, 11:52 AM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by casp0555 View Post
Im glad I did not have any money on this game, although Detroit did cover the spread .....what a colossal screw up and a blah kind of game

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2015/10/...johnson-fumble

remember when they were on strike, and everyone was wanting them back?! seems an easy call that should not have been missed by the crew.
Old 10-06-2015, 11:54 AM
Saratoga

I am starting to question the integrity of officiating in this sports. I am noticing more TD's getting called back than I recall. Usually when a play is underway you see on the TV Screen that a flag is down. I am seeing more TD's where I don't see that until the player is in the end zone..... Frustrating as hell.
Old 10-06-2015, 12:26 PM
Longchamps

Why I think this one may be being overblown it sure seems like Seattle and New England are always on the correct side of the blown calls.
Old 10-06-2015, 12:36 PM
Belmont Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by jms62 View Post
I am starting to question the integrity of officiating in this sports. I am noticing more TD's getting called back than I recall. Usually when a play is underway you see on the TV Screen that a flag is down. I am seeing more TD's where I don't see that until the player is in the end zone..... Frustrating as hell.
Senior Ref Ed Hochuli apparently only calls cheap hits on tenured QB's.

http://www.businessinsider.com/cam-n...no-call-2015-9

During his post-game press conference, Newton said that, following a late hit from a New Orleans lineman Tyeler Davison, Hochuli told Newton,"Cam, you're not old enough to get that call."

"I was really baffled by what was said to me," Newton said.

The Carolina quarterback had rolled out of the pocket and flung the ball downfield when Davison flew in and hit him. Newton acknowledged that the play was right on the cusp of being a late him, and when Newton got back on his feet and asked Hochuli why there hadn't been a flag, Hochuli allegedly offered a decidedly ageist response that had Newton fuming.

"Jesus, I didn't realize you have to have seniority to get a personal foul call," Newton said. "I'm ticked off, really."
Old 10-06-2015, 12:52 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by jms62 View Post
what drives me nuts are the ones where they don't catch the ball, the receiver waves his hand wanting a call, and then they throw the flag.
argh! if you see interference throw the flag. don't decide you saw it based on how animated the receiver is that he didn't catch it.
so now, every missed catch, the receivers jump up waving. ridiculous.
Old 10-06-2015, 03:43 PM
Saratoga

I font guess anyone knew this rule until it was too late....including myself, but I have an out

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...n-illegal-bat/
Old 10-06-2015, 04:09 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by casp0555 View Post
I font guess anyone knew this rule until it was too late....including myself, but I have an out

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...n-illegal-bat/
i've seen it called before, which is why i was surprised to see they missed it.
i turned the game off and went to bed, so i missed it at the time.
you'd think with as much time as usually passes between plays that they'd have time to see stuff like this is done incorrectly before the next snap...and especially they ought to get it right when it has to do with change of possession.
that's a huge missed call, that could have repercussions at the end of the season in deciding who goes to the postseason.
Old 10-06-2015, 08:29 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzig View Post
i've seen it called before, which is why i was surprised to see they missed it.
i turned the game off and went to bed, so i missed it at the time.
you'd think with as much time as usually passes between plays that they'd have time to see stuff like this is done incorrectly before the next snap...and especially they ought to get it right when it has to do with change of possession.
that's a huge missed call, that could have repercussions at the end of the season in deciding who goes to the postseason.
one , I cant believe that Gruden missed it, two, I cant believe the retired expert ref or the working refs missed it....slackers
Old 10-07-2015, 11:06 AM
Randwyck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudeboyelvis View Post
Senior Ref Ed Hochuli apparently only calls cheap hits on tenured QB's.

http://www.businessinsider.com/cam-n...no-call-2015-9

During his post-game press conference, Newton said that, following a late hit from a New Orleans lineman Tyeler Davison, Hochuli told Newton,"Cam, you're not old enough to get that call."

"I was really baffled by what was said to me," Newton said.

The Carolina quarterback had rolled out of the pocket and flung the ball downfield when Davison flew in and hit him. Newton acknowledged that the play was right on the cusp of being a late him, and when Newton got back on his feet and asked Hochuli why there hadn't been a flag, Hochuli allegedly offered a decidedly ageist response that had Newton fuming.

"Jesus, I didn't realize you have to have seniority to get a personal foul call," Newton said. "I'm ticked off, really."
http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/09/did-...anthers-ageism

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13...audio-surfaces

NFL Referee Association executive director Jim Quirk released a statement saying what Newton claimed was "not true."

"Not even close to being true," he said in the statement. "I'm not a lip-reader, but the short video clip I saw looks to me like Ed said very directly that 'you were running' and then shakes his head no. We stand by Ed that the accusation against him is totally false."
Old 10-07-2015, 12:08 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown@club View Post
http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/09/did-...anthers-ageism

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13...audio-surfaces

NFL Referee Association executive director Jim Quirk released a statement saying what Newton claimed was "not true."

"Not even close to being true," he said in the statement. "I'm not a lip-reader, but the short video clip I saw looks to me like Ed said very directly that 'you were running' and then shakes his head no. We stand by Ed that the accusation against him is totally false."
hmm
they can read lips but not the rule book...
Old 10-07-2015, 02:43 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzig View Post
hmm
they can read lips but not the rule book...