Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > The Steve Dellinger Discourse Den
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 11-03-2006, 11:50 AM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupert Pupkin
I was being sarcastic when I was talking about the "logical interpretation" of his comments. I was making fun of you guys who who have been saying you know what Kerry really meant and that everybody is misinterpreting Kerry's words.

You don't need to be in the media to "spin" something. When you try to blame the republicans for Kerry's comments, you are "spinning" the story. Your attempt to spin the story is not working. Everybody knows what Kerry said and he is responsible for what came out of his mouth. You can try to blame someone else but nobody is going to buy it. Even the democratic leaders are not buying it. They have all said that Kerry's comments were inappropriate and that he needs to apologize.

Since you brought up spelling errors, I should let you kow that "truly" is spelled "truly" not "truely".
Rupert,
Spelling issues aside, I stated earlier in this thread that I thought Kerry did something stupid. He has apologized.
Seems to me that the longer Kerry's "joke" can hold the headlines, the less discussion about the real concern of the Iraq debacle.
I'm still waiting to hear the apology for that one...and it won't come from Kerry.
DTS
Old 11-03-2006, 12:36 PM
Del Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Downthestretch55
Rupert,
Spelling issues aside, I stated earlier in this thread that I thought Kerry did something stupid. He has apologized.
Seems to me that the longer Kerry's "joke" can hold the headlines, the less discussion about the real concern of the Iraq debacle.
I'm still waiting to hear the apology for that one...and it won't come from Kerry.
DTS
Iraq is the main thing on people's minds. All the polls that have been done lately show that. Iraq is the main reason that the republicans are going to do poorly in the upoming election. The msot recent numbers show that people are relatively pleased with Bush' handling of the economy. He has a 51% approval rating on the economy. It is the Iraq issue that is killing the republicans.
Old 11-03-2006, 01:38 PM
Del Mar

Quote:
Rupert,
I'm not "spinning" anything as I control no media outlets, nor do I have press secretaries. If you truely believe that "no one is trying to spin it", you might want to google Bush's comments on Kerry, or Tony Snow's. DUH?
I'm inclined to agree with your first sentence in your second paragraph. You are correct on that.
Logic? Real interpretation??? Sounds like you're eating too much "red meat",
or meadow muffins (pasture patties). LOL!!!

btw...if you don't do your homework, you might end up spelling president incorrectly as presidnet and get it marked off on your spelling test. Just might keep you off the 5th grade honor roll.
I was being sarcastic when I was talking about the "logical interpretation" of his comments. I was making fun of you guys who who have been saying you know what Kerry really meant and that everybody is misinterpreting Kerry's words.

You don't need to be in the media to "spin" something. When you try to blame the republicans for Kerry's comments, you are "spinning" the story. Your attempt to spin the story is not working. Everybody knows what Kerry said and he is responsible for what came out of his mouth. You can try to blame someone else but nobody is going to buy it. Even the democratic leaders are not buying it. They have all said that Kerry's comments were inappropriate and that he needs to apologize.

Since you brought up spelling errors, I should let you kow that "truly" is spelled "truly" not "truely".
Old 11-05-2006, 11:18 AM
Hialeah Park

Quote:

Rupert,
Do you have anything to disagree with Ralph Nader's take on this?
http://www.commondreams.org/views06/1104-28.htm
Old 11-05-2006, 02:47 PM
Del Mar

Quote:
Rupert,
Do you have anything to disagree with Ralph Nader's take on this?
http://www.commondreams.org/views06/1104-28.htm
As I said, I don't want to debate you any more because you're not going to change my mind and I'm not going to change your mind.

However, I did read the article and I will answer your question. I don't agree with what Nader said about Kerry simply leaving the word "us" out. Could Nader's explanation be correct? It could be. I'm not saying that it's impossible. It's possible but I don't think that it's likely.

With regard to Nader's criticisms about the war, I think there is truth to some of the stuff he is saying. I think he is obviously being one-sided in his criticisms, but I do think that there is some truth to a lot of the things that he said.

Anyway, no more debates. It's a waste of time for both of us.
Old 11-05-2006, 03:33 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
As I said, I don't want to debate you any more because you're not going to change my mind and I'm not going to change your mind.

However, I did read the article and I will answer your question. I don't agree with what Nader said about Kerry simply leaving the word "us" out. Could Nader's explanation be correct? It could be. I'm not saying that it's impossible. It's possible but I don't think that it's likely.

With regard to Nader's criticisms about the war, I think there is truth to some of the stuff he is saying. I think he is obviously being one-sided in his criticisms, but I do think that there is some truth to a lot of the things that he said.

Anyway, no more debates. It's a waste of time for both of us.
Yup, Rupert.
"A waste of time" is right.
"One sided"? HMMM......
I'm thrilled that you admitted defeat and apologized for it.
Now, if we could only get Rummy and his commander-in-deceit to start thinking that way, more people would live.
See all you guys after Tuesday. As "O" would say..."bring your shine box".
Old 11-05-2006, 06:02 PM
Havre de Grace

Yes,I read the article too. First off, Nader is a serious self-centered "richard"! I was in college and the draft lottery, and used my student deferment. That doesn't qualify me(or the men mentioned by Nader) as draft dodgers! He does,however, bring up the sad and deplorable treatment of our troops by the Pentagon. I won't go over every point,but suffice it to say that we went in to this war with one hand tied behind our Back! Our forces have the worst conditions and lack of equipment is a disgrace. If not for 9/11, they probably would be worse off. In the 1st War in Iraq, we had about 2-3 days of munitions left....luckily the Iraqis' surrendered. But we have the 40 years of Democraticly controlled of Congress to blame for NOT keeping our Defense strong. That's the sad history that's brought us to this spot. I don't want to debate the war, as it's been beaten to death.
Old 11-05-2006, 06:12 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmgirvan
Yes,I read the article too. First off, Nader is a serious self-centered "richard"! I was in college and the draft lottery, and used my student deferment. That doesn't qualify me(or the men mentioned by Nader) as draft dodgers! He does,however, bring up the sad and deplorable treatment of our troops by the Pentagon. I won't go over every point,but suffice it to say that we went in to this war with one hand tied behind our Back! Our forces have the worst conditions and lack of equipment is a disgrace. If not for 9/11, they probably would be worse off. In the 1st War in Iraq, we had about 2-3 days of munitions left....luckily the Iraqis' surrendered. But we have the 40 years of Democraticly controlled of Congress to blame for NOT keeping our Defense strong. That's the sad history that's brought us to this spot. I don't want to debate the war, as it's been beaten to death.
Timm,
Sorry if you don't want to debate the "war" anymore. That won't make it go away.
And, next time you get into your car and strap on your seatbelt, remember the guy who took on the automotive industry with a book called "Unsafe at Any Speed".
Many lives were saved by his efforts.
Mine for sure...maybe yours?
Old 11-05-2006, 06:21 PM
Havre de Grace

Quote:
Timm,
Sorry if you don't want to debate the "war" anymore. That won't make it go away.
And, next time you get into your car and strap on your seatbelt, remember the guy who took on the automotive industry with a book called "Unsafe at Any Speed".
Many lives were saved by his efforts.
Mine for sure...maybe yours?
DTS: I would assume you know that the US spent 8 yrs 'stabilizing' Japan after WW2. I realize this is the 'microwave generation',but things take time to fix,even with a victory! You could ask the question in reverse...What would our allies think of us if we bail out on the Iraqis?
Old 11-05-2006, 06:42 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
DTS: I would assume you know that the US spent 8 yrs 'stabilizing' Japan after WW2. I realize this is the 'microwave generation',but things take time to fix,even with a victory! You could ask the question in reverse...What would our allies think of us if we bail out on the Iraqis?
Timm,
We will NEVER stabalize Iraq. Never!
If we admit that to the world, maybe we can salvage some credibility.
There will not be "victory"...sorry to say.
I didn't get us into this.
Yes, the allies are watching. So are the enemies.
Though I do have a way out, I'm not providing the terms of the contract for my services here.
If the appropriate governmental agency screens this, they'll know how to contact me.
I won't be cheap, but I'll be a whole lot cheaper than what's in store.
I'll negotiate my contract with those that seek resolution that others are unable to provide.
Old 11-05-2006, 06:44 PM
Havre de Grace

Quote:
Timm,
We will NEVER stabalize Iraq. Never!
If we admit that to the world, maybe we can salvage some credibility.
There will not be "victory"...sorry to say.
I didn't get us into this.
Yes, the allies are watching. So are the enemies.
Though I do have a way out, I'm not providing the terms of the contract for my services here.
If the appropriate governmental agency screens this, they'll know how to contact me.
I won't be cheap, but I'll be a whole lot cheaper than what's in store.
I'll negotiate my contract with those that seek resolution that others are unable to provide.
Well....I hope it works out for you!
Old 11-05-2006, 06:56 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Well....I hope it works out for you!
Thanks Timm.
It's really not about me.
It's about the destiny of a planet that yearns for the truth, justice, and hope that America has spoken so often about, yet seems unable to provide.
Yes, many agencies monitor conversations on the internet...you need not ask.
DTS
Old 11-05-2006, 07:04 PM
Havre de Grace

Quote:
Thanks Timm.
It's really not about me.
It's about the destiny of a planet that yearns for the truth, justice, and hope that America has spoken so often about, yet seems unable to provide.
Yes, many agencies monitor conversations on the internet...you need not ask.
DTS
DTS: I think you're a PRIME candidate for MIB,lol
Old 11-05-2006, 07:16 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
DTS: I think you're a PRIME candidate for MIB,lol
MIB??????
Explain please.
Old 11-05-2006, 07:22 PM
Havre de Grace

Quote:
MIB??????
Explain please.
Dude: Men In Black!!!
Old 11-06-2006, 08:30 AM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Dude: Men In Black!!!
LOL Timm...
Old 11-08-2006, 01:32 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Yup, Rupert.
"A waste of time" is right.
"One sided"? HMMM......
I'm thrilled that you admitted defeat and apologized for it.
Now, if we could only get Rummy and his commander-in-deceit to start thinking that way, more people would live.
See all you guys after Tuesday. As "O" would say..."bring your shine box".
Where's my "shine box"?
Where are my clothes? Asks the emperor.
How is Drudge going to spin the results of the "people having spoken"?
Rush and O'Reilly have some stalls to muck. It got too deep for their hip boots too.
Let's put those guys on the manure speader with Rummy so they can enjoy their "retirement", and this great country can find its way to "fair and balanced" sanity.
Manure tea...on the rocks.