Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > The Steve Dellinger Discourse Den
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 11-01-2006, 05:59 PM
Hawthorne

Quote:
Originally Posted by somerfrost
"...stuck in the middle with you" Well, I don't think I've ever been in the middle of the road about anything...lol! I tend to look at people more than offices etc...Hillary is independent of thought and brave...she'll tackle hard issues and do what she thinks is right if put in a position of power! I like that! Obama is a wildcard but everything I've seen and heard I like. Condy...she's a black woman and she hasn't forgotten that! If she would become President, you'd see the soul of America restored I think...she would surprise a lot of folks (esp conservative Republicans) and I like that as well!
When did Hillary get brave, after she voted for the war? There has never been a vote made that had less bravery and everything to do with making herself look tough. She is a Senator from NY, she is not independent. No more Bushes or Clintons. 300,000,000 people and all we can do is come up with idiots from these two families?

I hope John Edwards mops the floor with Hillary. A Southern Democrat would be fine, not some "southern" democrat that moved to NY to get elected.

Last edited by Revolution : 11-01-2006 at 06:02 PM.
Old 11-01-2006, 06:06 PM
Coach Pants

If I were democrat my vote would go to Biden in the 2008 primary.
Old 11-01-2006, 06:14 PM
Del Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenuineRisk
Oh my stars and garters, how much more of the Republican Party Machine Kool-Aid are some of you going to keep drinking? You really think a veteran is going to insult his fellow vets? Dear God; to listen to some of you, you'd think Bush was the one on the Swift Boats and Kerry the one hiding out from the National Guard duty his daddy's friends got him. Here's what Kerry said after bobbling a not-very-funny joke (as I don't find it funny at all that Bush being a stupid moron has resulted in almost 3,000 Americans dead in Iraq. Not one bit.). Anyway, for those of you who get all your news from Fox, here's what Kerry said. From salon.com:

<<Kerry said that he "botched" a "joke" when he said Monday that "if you study hard, you do your homework and you make an effort to be smart, you can do well," but that if you don't "you get stuck in Iraq." But he insisted that the White House and its Republican allies knew full well what he meant: Not that members of the U.S. military are stupid or uneducated, but that the president and his people might be.

"This president and his administration didn't do their homework," Kerry said. "They didn't study what would happen in Iraq. They didn't study and listen to the people who were the experts and would have told them. And they know that's what I was talking about yesterday."

Kerry was just getting started.

"I think Americans are sick and tired of this game. These Republicans are afraid to stand up and debate a real veteran on this topic. And they're afraid to debate -- you know, they want to debate strawmen because they're afraid to debate real men. Well, we're going to have a real debate in this country about this policy. The bottom line is: These Republicans want to distort this policy. And, this time, it won't work because we are going to stay in their face with the truth. No Democrat is going to be bullied by these people, by these kinds of attacks that have no place in American politics. It's time to set our policy correct. They have a stand-still-and-lose policy in Iraq, and they have a cut-and-run policy in Afghanistan. And the fact is, our troops, who have served heroically, who deserve better, deserve leadership that is up to their sacrifice -- period."

Asked about John McCain's criticisms of his remarks, Kerry said that McCain knows what he really meant. "John McCain ought to ask for an apology from Dick Cheney for misleading America," he said. "He ought to ask for an apology from the president for lying about the nuclear program in Africa. He ought to ask for an apology for once again a week ago referring to al-Qaida as being the central problem in Iraq, when al-Qaida is not the central problem. Enough is enough. I'm not going to stand for these people trying to shift the topic and make it politics. America deserves a real discussion about real policy. And that's what this election is going to be about next Tuesday."

Minutes after Kerry's staff circulated a transcript of his press conference, the Republican National Committee responded with a blast e-mail under its "America Weakly" banner. The headline: "Kerry Apologizes to No One: 2004 Dem Presidential Nominee John Kerry Refuses to Apologize for Belittling U.S. Troops." >>

I'm sure McCain will clarify his own remarks as soon as he gets Bush's penis out of his mouth.

Sorry. That was crude. But I'm so tired of McCain riding on the "maverick" label when in fact, when push comes to shove, he's just another Bush lackey.

I apologize for being crude, but this whole thing just makes me so damn mad I could spit. Bad enough Santorum accuses Casey of aiding terrorists through pension funds, now the GOP tries to accuse Kerry of insulting veterans? Can they get anymore desperate?
GR, You are hilarious. You are more of a partisan that the big-wigs in the Democratic party. I could go down the list of Democrats that have asked Kerry to apologize. Harold Ford has asked Kerry to apologize. Even Hillary Clinton said, "What Sen. Kerry said was inappropriate."

Even when Kerry sticks his foot in his mouth, in your eyes it is somehow the fault of the republicans. It's comical.
Old 11-01-2006, 08:01 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
IG, I'd be grateful if you'd post Kerry's statements from the Vietnam hearings about all GIs being murderers and rapists, because I'm skeptical he actually said that. Do you think it's possible he might in fact have been referring to the small number of servicemen who have committed atrocities? I do know he asked how a person could ask a man to be the last one to die for a mistake. I would very much appreciate seeing what he actually said, if you'll be so kind as to post them. Much in the way I posted Kerry's response to this stupid flack.

And I can't believe this dumb gaffe by a man we KNOW can't tell a joke to save his life is beating out other news, like this awful info. From conservative Andrew Sullivan's website:

<<While the media is obsessed parsing the ad libs of someone on no ballot this fall, something truly ominous has just happened in Iraq. The commander-in-chief has abandoned an American soldier to the tender mercies of a Shiite militia. Yes, there are nuances here, and the NYT fleshes out the story today. But the essential fact is clear. In a showdown for control of Baghdad, the Iraqi prime minister took orders from Moqtada al-Sadr, and instructed the U.S. military to withdraw from Sadr City. The American forces were trying both to stabilize the city but also to find a missing American serviceman. He is still missing. Money quote from the WaPo:

The move lifted a near siege that had stood at least since last Wednesday. U.S. military police imposed the blockade after the kidnapping of an American soldier of Iraqi descent. The soldier's Iraqi in-laws said they believed he had been abducted by the Mahdi Army as he visited his wife at her home in the Karrada area of Baghdad, where U.S. military checkpoints were also removed as a result of Maliki's action.

The crackdown on Sadr City had a second motive, U.S. officers said: the search for Abu Deraa, a man considered one of the most notorious death squad leaders. The soldier and Abu Deraa both were believed by the U.S. military to be in Sadr City.

The U.S. military does not have a tradition of abandoning its own soldiers to foreign militias, or of taking orders from foreign governments. No commander-in-chief who actually walks the walk, rather than swaggering the swagger, would acquiesce to such a thing. The soldier appears to be of Iraqi descent who is married to an Iraqi woman. Who authorized abandoning him to the enemy? Who is really giving the orders to the U.S. military in Iraq? These are real questions about honor and sacrifice and a war that is now careening out of any control. They are not phony questions drummed up by a partisan media machine to appeal to emotions to maintain power.

And where, by the way, is McCain on this? Silent on Cheney's "no-brainer" on waterboarding. Silent recently on Iraq. But vocal - oh, how vocal - on Kerry. It tells you something about what has happened to him. And to America.>>

Pgardn, I do agree with you that Kerry would be a terrible candidate in '08, just as he was in '04. This verbal gaffe of his is dumb and pointless, but the media has jumped on it and quite frankly, he's not capable of shutting it down in two sentences and he needs to be able to. I appreciated his explanation, but then I'll read several paragraphs all at once. Harold Ford should give Kerry lessons-- his response to that slimy commerical the GOP ran that brought up that whole race-baiting stuff was that the GOP must be getting pretty desperate if all they could come up with was that he likes women.

But most importantly, my thoughts and prayers go to that missing American serviceman and to his family.
i've heard the audio of kerry making those remarks back in the 70's, more than once. also the audio of him saying not long ago that our soldiers shouldn't be 'terrorizing kids, children, and women in iraq'. that's right, not only are our best and bravest rapists, murderers and arsonists, but now they commit acts of terror--at least according to kerry...at least he didn't compare them to nazis, as another dem has done....kerry's a fraud--his whole goose hunt deal was the worst acting display i have ever seen.
Old 11-01-2006, 08:05 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by somerfrost
I agree! My only dog in this fight is the simple fact that none of these clowns is worth voting for! I'll say it again...nominate Hillary and I'll vote for her with a song in my heart, Obama...you bet! Any of these other "Keystone Kops"...no way! Well...maybe Condy!
and clinton herself said kerrys remarks were wrong!! yet many still defend them--he probably did mi-speak, no doubt another horrible attempt by him to be funny, he never pullls it off, and another jab at our dummy prez....fact remains he stuck his foot quite firmly into his mouth, and he should have immediately taken responsibility, rather than try to deflect.

dems are doomed, with the likes of primal scream dean in charge, and folks like kerry shooting the dems collectively in the foot.
i still feel the dems will take back congress, something i have no problem with! perhaps there will be more working together, rather than what we have now....yeah, right!
Old 11-02-2006, 06:45 AM
Flemington

Quote:
Oh, come on, Scuds, even fracking John Derbyshire, who hates Kerry, says he thinks it's obvious Kerry was taking a jab at Bush, not the armed forces. Here's his quote:

"John Kerry is awful, and anything we can do further to degrade his political prospects is worth doing. But really, I saw a clip of him making the much-deplored remark, and it was obvious that the dimwit in Iraq that he referred to was George W. Bush, not the American soldier. It was a dumb joke badly delivered, but his meaning was plain. My pleasure in watching JK squirm is just as great as any other conservative's, but something is owed to honesty. There's a lot of fake outrage going round here."

And that's from someone who HATES him. If anything, Kerry should apologize for being a terrible joke-teller. Which he is.
Well,either way,he is either an elitist,or a fool.Right? There is no good way out of that situation.Do you think his version(that he is a fool that can't communicate properly)is all that much better? Hey,if this guy wants to get rid of the Republicans,then the 1st thing that needs to happen is the guy who lost to Bush needs to become extinct.Go be like Dole and Mondale did(retire like any other politician that people don't like.)I don't understand why he thinks people want to see him do anything but go away.
Old 11-02-2006, 08:32 AM
Atlantic City Race Course

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzig188
i've heard the audio of kerry making those remarks back in the 70's, more than once. also the audio of him saying not long ago that our soldiers shouldn't be 'terrorizing kids, children, and women in iraq'. that's right, not only are our best and bravest rapists, murderers and arsonists, but now they commit acts of terror--at least according to kerry...at least he didn't compare them to nazis, as another dem has done....kerry's a fraud--his whole goose hunt deal was the worst acting display i have ever seen.
Then for the love of Pete, would someone please track down what he said and post it? It makes me crazy when people say, "Oh, so-and-so said such-and-such" and then say, "But I don't have time to find what he said." Well, then you might be misquoting. And you might not, but without the actual quotes, presented in their entirety for context, how can anyone know? And if you're not willing to take the time to track it down, then why post it? It's not fair to say, "Well, someone else should look it up."

Again, I find it logically very hard to believe a veteran would say all veterans are child rapists and murderers. I could A) believe that he was referring to a small number of soldiers who are naturally sociopaths, in or out of uniform or B) that the strains of war, fighting for an unpopular cause and a government that historically has not really supported its soldiers and veterans well would not offer the support needed and some would unhinge from the enormous stress they were under. I'm skeptical that he said anything about the entire armed forces.

Kerry's a bad speaker, no question, and he made a dumb joke (which his speechwriters are claiming was not even how they worded it-- true? I don't know. But if it is, it once again reminds this writer of how non-writers seem to think it's easy to write and usually when they try to edit, they make it worse. Unless they're editors. Then they know what they're doing. Kerry is not.) And he apologized to anyone who misinterpreted him. Fine. I can't see how any rational person could honestly think he intended, in an obviously public speech, to insult the armed forces he served in, but obviously Bush lovers are going to believe he was because it makes them feel better about voting for the party of "Heck of a job, Brownie" and "terrific job" (Rumsfeld).

For the record, Rupert (I'd been wondering where you were, by the way- nice to see you), I would feel EXACTLY the same way if Bush had said the comment. I won't pretend I wouldn't be feeling the glee that you neo-cons are all feeling about Kerry's gaffe, but I would absolutely think he'd screwed up what he meant to say. I think Bush is a fundamentalist rich kid who absolutely refuses to deal with reality, but I also don't believe he'd deliberately insult the armed forces. Understaff them, sure. Underfund them, sure. Deprive them of body armor, sure. But publicly insult them? Not in a million years. But if Kerry's gaffe makes you want to go vote Republican because you are pleased with the direction the nation is currently going, well, then go vote Republican. You've had six years of complete Republican control-- if you're happy with the results, then you know what to do.

Danzig, I actually think a divided gov't is when gov't runs best, so I don't fear that a Democratic Congress will stymie everything-- the only veto Bush cast was against federally funded stem-cell research, which means we have a deficit that your kids and grandkids are going to be paying for (you have kids, yes?). The gov't has GOT to get that under control, first and foremost. And the Republicans are pigs at the trough right now, bringing home as much as they can to their constituencies. And Bush won't rein them in. If the Dems are in charge of Congress, they won't be able to push their pork through, and Bush won't be able to push his pork through. Anything that gets through will probably be pretty decent. Clinton was Pres over a divided gov't, and they weren't such bad years. Divided gov't is a good thing.

Now, can I throw out a much more interesting volley, and see what people have to say about this?
http://www.slate.com/id/2152671/nav/tap1/

Dear lord; Breeders Cup over on Saturday and elections over on Tuesday. What is this board going to get to argue about?

Happy Thursday, everyone, by the way. A nice day to all of you! I'm limping off to work now.
Old 11-02-2006, 08:37 AM
Atlantic City Race Course

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCUDSBROTHER
Well,either way,he is either an elitist,or a fool.Right? There is no good way out of that situation.Do you think his version(that he is a fool that can't communicate properly)is all that much better? Hey,if this guy wants to get rid of the Republicans,then the 1st thing that needs to happen is the guy who lost to Bush needs to become extinct.Go be like Dole and Mondale did(retire like any other politician that people don't like.)I don't understand why he thinks people want to see him do anything but go away.
Scuds, last I checked, Kerry wasn't running for anything. He's not up for re-election this year. That's the other thing that makes this so stupid. Why not focus on what people who are actually running for office are saying?

But of course, here I am focusing on it, so look who's stupid now...
Old 11-02-2006, 09:12 AM
Del Mar

Quote:
Then for the love of Pete, would someone please track down what he said and post it? It makes me crazy when people say, "Oh, so-and-so said such-and-such" and then say, "But I don't have time to find what he said." Well, then you might be misquoting. And you might not, but without the actual quotes, presented in their entirety for context, how can anyone know? And if you're not willing to take the time to track it down, then why post it? It's not fair to say, "Well, someone else should look it up."

Again, I find it logically very hard to believe a veteran would say all veterans are child rapists and murderers. I could A) believe that he was referring to a small number of soldiers who are naturally sociopaths, in or out of uniform or B) that the strains of war, fighting for an unpopular cause and a government that historically has not really supported its soldiers and veterans well would not offer the support needed and some would unhinge from the enormous stress they were under. I'm skeptical that he said anything about the entire armed forces.

Kerry's a bad speaker, no question, and he made a dumb joke (which his speechwriters are claiming was not even how they worded it-- true? I don't know. But if it is, it once again reminds this writer of how non-writers seem to think it's easy to write and usually when they try to edit, they make it worse. Unless they're editors. Then they know what they're doing. Kerry is not.) And he apologized to anyone who misinterpreted him. Fine. I can't see how any rational person could honestly think he intended, in an obviously public speech, to insult the armed forces he served in, but obviously Bush lovers are going to believe he was because it makes them feel better about voting for the party of "Heck of a job, Brownie" and "terrific job" (Rumsfeld).

For the record, Rupert (I'd been wondering where you were, by the way- nice to see you), I would feel EXACTLY the same way if Bush had said the comment. I won't pretend I wouldn't be feeling the glee that you neo-cons are all feeling about Kerry's gaffe, but I would absolutely think he'd screwed up what he meant to say. I think Bush is a fundamentalist rich kid who absolutely refuses to deal with reality, but I also don't believe he'd deliberately insult the armed forces. Understaff them, sure. Underfund them, sure. Deprive them of body armor, sure. But publicly insult them? Not in a million years. But if Kerry's gaffe makes you want to go vote Republican because you are pleased with the direction the nation is currently going, well, then go vote Republican. You've had six years of complete Republican control-- if you're happy with the results, then you know what to do.

Danzig, I actually think a divided gov't is when gov't runs best, so I don't fear that a Democratic Congress will stymie everything-- the only veto Bush cast was against federally funded stem-cell research, which means we have a deficit that your kids and grandkids are going to be paying for (you have kids, yes?). The gov't has GOT to get that under control, first and foremost. And the Republicans are pigs at the trough right now, bringing home as much as they can to their constituencies. And Bush won't rein them in. If the Dems are in charge of Congress, they won't be able to push their pork through, and Bush won't be able to push his pork through. Anything that gets through will probably be pretty decent. Clinton was Pres over a divided gov't, and they weren't such bad years. Divided gov't is a good thing.

Now, can I throw out a much more interesting volley, and see what people have to say about this?

Dear lord; Breeders Cup over on Saturday and elections over on Tuesday. What is this board going to get to argue about?

Happy Thursday, everyone, by the way. A nice day to all of you! I'm limping off to work now.
Why would you find it hard to belive that Kerry would insult the armed forces? He's done it before. Most of the men and women in the military were furious about his remarks about Vietnam 30 years ago.

With regard to the upcoming election, Kerry's comments are not going to have an effect on who I'm going to vote for. I actually have mixed feeling about the election. On the one hand, I think the republicans are the lesser of two evils, so I'd rather see them in control than the democrats. On the other hand, I'm pretty pissed off at the republicans right now for a lot of things including the internet gambling bill. I hate to vote for them and let them think that I'm happy with the job they're doing. I guess I will just vote for each office on a case-by-case basis. I'm not too thrilled with the republicans right now.
Old 11-02-2006, 09:25 AM
The Curragh

I'm still wondering why a Vietnam Vet would cut himself, because if you take the translation of what he said from the republican spinners standpoint he would be doing just that. I don't think he was refering to our men and women serving in the military, because in doing so he would only be talking about himself. He was rich, attended Yale, and still volunteered to join the military and went to war From then on he was a decorated war hero, in which his exploits were well documented and witnessed. He was saying if Bush would've made the most out of getting an education he would've not got us stuck in Iraq.

NUFFF SAID BIAACHES!!
Old 11-02-2006, 04:33 PM
Del Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattleallstar
I'm still wondering why a Vietnam Vet would cut himself, because if you take the translation of what he said from the republican spinners standpoint he would be doing just that. I don't think he was refering to our men and women serving in the military, because in doing so he would only be talking about himself. He was rich, attended Yale, and still volunteered to join the military and went to war From then on he was a decorated war hero, in which his exploits were well documented and witnessed. He was saying if Bush would've made the most out of getting an education he would've not got us stuck in Iraq.

NUFFF SAID BIAACHES!!
You need to read his quote again. I think what he said is very clear. He said that, "You know education, if you make the most of it, you study hard, you do your homework and you make an effort to be smart, you can do well. and if you don't, you get stuck in Iraq."

I think the meaning is clear. The other possible meaning does not make sense. Do you honestly think he was saying that if you don't get a good education that you will end up being President and making bad decisions on Iraq? That's ridiculous. That's not what he was saying. He was saying that if you don't get educated you won't have many options in terms of career and you may end up in the military stuck in Iraq. That is clearly what he meant. He didn't mean that you would end up being President and keeping us in Iraq. That doesn't make sense.

Kerry has a history of putting his foot in his mouth when it comes to the military. His past comments have nade it clear that he thinks that if there is no draft that the military is for poor people and minorities. He was quoted in the 1970s as saying, "I am convinced a volunteer army would be an army of the poor and the black and the brown." He obviously has no clue that plenty of educated people join the military by choice.
Old 11-02-2006, 05:03 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupert Pupkin
You need to read his quote again. I think what he said is very clear. He said that, "You know education, if you make the most of it, you study hard, you do your homework and you make an effort to be smart, you can do well. and if you don't, you get stuck in Iraq."

I think the meaning is clear. The other possible meaning does not make sense. Do you honestly think he was saying that if you don't get a good education that you will end up being President and making bad decisions on Iraq? That's ridiculous. That's not what he was saying. He was saying that if you don't get educated you won't have many options in terms of career and you may end up in the military stuck in Iraq. That is clearly what he meant. He didn't mean that you would end up being President and keeping us in Iraq. That doesn't make sense.

Kerry has a history of putting his foot in his mouth when it comes to the military. His past comments have nade it clear that he thinks that if there is no draft that the military is for poor people and minorities. He was quoted in the 1970s as saying, "I am convinced a volunteer army would be an army of the poor and the black and the brown." He obviously has no clue that plenty of educated people join the military by choice.
Rupert,
You and I don't agree on this at all.
The transcript of Kerry's speech is widely available. He misread it. He was attempting to say that Bush didn't do his homework before he lead the country to war in Iraq.
Kerry has since apologized.
The repubs continue to spin this for its "distraction effect".
Here's an article that you might find interesting.
http://www.commondreams.org/views06/1102-33.htm
Peace.
DTS
Old 11-02-2006, 05:11 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:

i'm really not sure how to find the audio that i heard on the radio of his remarks. but i'm looking.
Old 11-02-2006, 05:14 PM
Dee Tee Stables

did find this tho:

Nov 2, 3:12 AM (ET)
By JOHN SOLOMON

WASHINGTON (AP) - During a Vietnam-era run for Congress three decades ago, John Kerry said he opposed a volunteer Army because it would be dominated by the underprivileged, be less accountable and be more prone to "the perpetuation of war crimes."

Kerry, a decorated Vietnam veteran who turned against the war, made the observations in answers to a 1972 candidate questionnaire from a Massachusetts peace group.

After Kerry caused a firestorm this week with what he termed a botched campaign joke that Republicans said insulted current soldiers, The Associated Press was alerted to the historical comments by a former law enforcement official who monitored 1970s anti-war activities
Kerry apologized Wednesday for the 2006 campaign trail gaffe that some took as suggesting U.S. soldiers fighting in Iraq were undereducated. He contended the remark was aimed at Bush, not the soldiers.

In 1972, as he ran for the House, he was less apologetic in his comments about the merits of a volunteer army. He declared in the questionnaire that he opposed the draft but considered a volunteer army "a greater anathema."

"I am convinced a volunteer army would be an army of the poor and the black and the brown," Kerry wrote. "We must not repeat the travesty of the inequities present during Vietnam. I also fear having a professional army that views the perpetuation of war crimes as simply 'doing its job.'
"Equally as important, a volunteer army with our present constitutional crisis takes accountability away from the president and put the people further from control over military activities," he wrote.

Kerry's spokesman, David Wade, said Wednesday the historical document needed to be viewed in the era in which it was written but that it nonetheless raised a "bedrock question in a time of war when sacrifice should be shared by all Americans."

"These are the words 34 years ago of a 28-year-old veteran home from a war gone wrong, wondering who in America will bear the cost of battle and shoulder the responsibility of military service," Wade said.

Kerry filled out the candidate questionnaire at the request of Massachusetts Political Action for Peace, an anti-war group that decades later turned over its historical documents to university researchers.

AP obtained the document from someone who gathered it from archives during Kerry's unsuccessful 2004 presidential campaign against President Bush. Republicans in that election relentlessly assailed Kerry's role in the anti-war movement decades earlier.

Kerry and Bush renewed their rivalry again this week, with the president accusing Kerry of offending troops. Kerry said he botched the text of a joke and didn't mean to insult troops.

On Wednesday, Kerry canceled campaign appearance on behalf of Democratic congressional candidates and issued an apology.
Old 11-02-2006, 05:18 PM
Dee Tee Stables

And there is no reason, Bob, that young American soldiers need to be going into the homes of Iraqis in the dead of night, terrorizing kids and children, you know, women, breaking sort of the customs of the—of—the historical customs, religious customs. Whether you like it or not…

--john kerry on face the nation
Old 11-02-2006, 05:20 PM
Dee Tee Stables

And there is no reason, Bob, that young American soldiers need to be going into the homes of Iraqis in the dead of night, terrorizing kids and children, you know, women, breaking sort of the customs of the--of--the historical customs, religious customs. Whether you like it or not...

SCHIEFFER: Yeah.

Sen. KERRY: ...Iraqis should be doing that.

lol, yeah, iraqis should be 'terrorizing' each other i guess....at least, i think that's what he means...or maybe he just misspoke AGAIN.
Old 11-02-2006, 05:24 PM
Del Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Downthestretch55
Rupert,
You and I don't agree on this at all.
The transcript of Kerry's speech is widely available. He misread it. He was attempting to say that Bush didn't do his homework before he lead the country to war in Iraq.
Kerry has since apologized.
The repubs continue to spin this for its "distraction effect".
Here's an article that you might find interesting.
http://www.commondreams.org/views06/1102-33.htm
Peace.
DTS
Nobody is trying to spin it. There is no need to spin it. His words speak for themselves. The only one trying to spin it is you.

Maybe I'm wrong. I guess what he meant to say is that if you don't do your homework, you will end up being the Presidnet and getting us into a war. I guess that's what he was saying. That's a real logical interpretation of his words. LOL.
Old 11-02-2006, 05:44 PM
Havre de Grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzig188
And there is no reason, Bob, that young American soldiers need to be going into the homes of Iraqis in the dead of night, terrorizing kids and children, you know, women, breaking sort of the customs of the--of--the historical customs, religious customs. Whether you like it or not...

SCHIEFFER: Yeah.

Sen. KERRY: ...Iraqis should be doing that.

lol, yeah, iraqis should be 'terrorizing' each other i guess....at least, i think that's what he means...or maybe he just misspoke AGAIN.
Yes he did,again! People have said Kerry's not running for office(but he is). He wants the stage,no doubt, but there is such a 'splintering' in the Dems camps. Kerry and Hillary and Gore will polarize voters to the extreme! Campaigns are the dirtiest part of the business(I hope) and hopefully there will be restraints on further personal attacks.
Old 11-02-2006, 05:47 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupert Pupkin
Nobody is trying to spin it. There is no need to spin it. His words speak for themselves. The only one trying to spin it is you.

Maybe I'm wrong. I guess what he meant to say is that if you don't do your homework, you will end up being the Presidnet and getting us into a war. I guess that's what he was saying. That's a real logical interpretation of his words. LOL.
Rupert,
I'm not "spinning" anything as I control no media outlets, nor do I have press secretaries. If you truely believe that "no one is trying to spin it", you might want to google Bush's comments on Kerry, or Tony Snow's. DUH?
I'm inclined to agree with your first sentence in your second paragraph. You are correct on that.
Logic? Real interpretation??? Sounds like you're eating too much "red meat",
or meadow muffins (pasture patties). LOL!!!

btw...if you don't do your homework, you might end up spelling president incorrectly as presidnet and get it marked off on your spelling test. Just might keep you off the 5th grade honor roll.
Old 11-03-2006, 06:12 AM
Dee Tee Stables

in a way kerrys comments remind me of others' failed attempts at a 'joke'. some in the past have had to step down after facing a huge backlash for making a rape 'joke'. you know, the one that says once you realize it's inevitable, just lay back and enjoy it....yeah, some joke. it amazes me how often people say something, realize just how crappy it sounded, and then backpedal and claim they were just kidding. of course when some are so willing to believe that line of b.s., i can see why it's still used as an excuse for 'open mouth,insert foot syndrome'.