Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > International Racing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-25-2006, 06:46 PM
Washington Park

Default Europeans targeting BC...

Was just curious if any of the European members or any members a bit more privy to European racing than myself (cough, cough, MMSC) had a list of horses from over there that are pointing to the BC. I've heard Hurricane Run, David Junior, and Ouija Board for sure, and Electrocutionist if he can get healthy but really nothing else. I can look the horses up on RacingPost, but i need some names! Thanks for your help

Dustin

I cant believe what a bunch of nerds we are. We're looking up money laundering in the dictionary.

www.myspace.com/dustinfabian
Old 08-25-2006, 07:29 PM
Saratoga

Ha ha... off the top of my head, Iffraaj is the one that comes to mind. He's pointed to the Mile.

Let me think, or attempt to think.
Old 09-05-2006, 02:37 PM
Saratoga

Someone who won't be there.....

This sucks.

FALLON TO MISS OUT ON BREEDERS'
By Nick Robson, PA Sport
(Sporting Life)

Kieren Fallon will miss the Breeders' Cup meeting at Churchill Downs after his legal team announced that he will not proceed with his application to ride in the United States.

The six-times champion was charged with conspiracy to defraud in July following a long-running City of London Police investigation and was subsequently banned from riding in Britain by the Horseracing Regulatory Authority.

He is, however, allowed to ride in Ireland where he is licensed, as well as France and elsewhere, with the HRA not having asked other jurisdictions to reciprocate the ban.

Fallon strenuously denies the charges brought against him and had been contesting the decision of the Illinois stewards who recently denied him the opportunity of riding in the Arlington Million.

Officials in Kentucky were due to meet last month to decide on Fallon's participation at Churchill Downs on November 4, but a decision was put back as lawyers for the rider indicated they would seek to overturn the decision of the Illinois authority.

Christopher Stewart-Moore of Ralph Davis Solicitors said in a statement: "Kieren Fallon has decided not to proceed with his application for a licence to ride in the United States at this time as there is a great deal of uncertainty around obtaining a licence in time for the Breeders' Cup, to be held in Kentucky.

"Kieren feels this situation is untenable and unfair to Aidan O'Brien who needs certainty in his arrangements for the Breeders' Cup. He has regretfully made his decision known to the trainer and owners involved and hopes they will enjoy a successful campaign."
Old 09-06-2006, 04:20 PM
Saratoga

Librettist, Alexandrova...

Last edited by my miss storm cat : 09-09-2006 at 07:48 PM.
Old 09-09-2006, 07:48 PM
Saratoga

Dylan possible for the Classic.....
Old 09-10-2006, 09:43 AM
Saratoga

Shirocco possible for the Classic (!!!).....
Old 09-11-2006, 08:57 AM
Saratoga

Ouija remains on target for Breeders' Cup
(Racing Post)
by David Lawrence and Tony O'Hehir

OUIJA BOARD remains on target for her main objective - winning a second Breeders' Cup Filly & Mare crown - following her narrow defeat by Dylan
Thomas at the Curragh on Saturday.

Whether the Ed Dunlop-trained five-year-old goes to America without another run, however, will not be decided until connections have had a chance to evaluate how she is following her neck second in the Irish Champion Stakes.

Dunlop was on a flight bound for Keeneland on Sunday, but his racing secretary Peter Shoemark said: "Everything is now being geared towards the Breeders' Cup on November 4.

"But it's later this year than it was when Ouija Board won it two seasons ago, so there's still time for her to have another race in Europe, if that's what's decided is best for her."

Shoemark added: "As far as I am aware, she has taken her trip to Ireland well and Ed will be discussing the next move with her owner as soon as he gets an opportunity.

"She's in the Champion Stakes, the Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe and the Prix de l'Opera, so thereare options open to her if it's decided she is ready for another run before America."

The Breeders' Cup Classic had been mentioned as a target for Dylan Thomas immediately after that success but exact plans have yet to be finalised. Winning trainer Aidan O'Brien said on Sunday: "Dylan Thomas seemed to be fine this morning. We pulled him out and he had a stroll. We are no further down the road regarding plans for him but we'll be having a talk about things over the next week or so."

RedEvie looks set to bid for a second Group 1 prize this month, having come out her win in the Matron Stakes at The Curragh on Saturday "very well".

The Michael Bell-trained filly, who began this season as a maiden with a Racing Post Rating of just 52 but has now won seven races in a row, is on target to tackle the Sun Chariot Stakes at Newmarket on September 30.

Bell, whose charge was still in transit on Sunday following her successful sortie to Ireland, said: "She faces quite a long journey home, but she seems very well.

"She seemed to take the Curragh race in her stride and, from what I gather, she's in good form, so we'll probably be aiming for the Sun Chariot.

"There's a race at Keeneland a couple of weeks later that we might consider as analternative, but I'm inclined to think the Newmarket option is more likely."
Old 10-01-2006, 06:40 PM
Saratoga

Echo of Light possible for the Mile.....
Old 10-01-2006, 11:21 PM
Golden Gate

Quote:
Originally Posted by my miss storm cat
Echo of Light possible for the Mile.....

the mile's getting crowded.
Old 10-02-2006, 12:23 AM
Atlantic City Race Course

The connections of both Rail Link and Mandesha say their horses are unlikely to run again this year.
Manila, Java Gold, Alysheba, Sunday Silence, Go for Wand, In Excess, Paseana, Kotashaan, Holy Bull, Cigar, Alphabet Soup, Formal Gold, Skip Away, Artax, Tiznow, Point Given, Azeri, Candy Ride, Smarty Jones, Ghostzapper, Invasor, Curlin, Zenyatta, Zenyatta, Goldikova, Havre de Grace, Wise Dan, Wise Dan, California Chrome, American Pharoah, Arrogate, Gun Runner, Accelerate, Maximum Security, Gamine
Old 10-02-2006, 01:16 AM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by SundayStar
the mile's getting crowded.
I think there's as much chance of EOL showing up as there is Discreet Cat to the Classic..... just wanted to post what has been said but nah..... I think they'll send Librettist or Caradak.
Old 10-09-2006, 02:24 PM
Saratoga

If he does well in the Champagne Stakes, Big Timer is in.....
Old 10-12-2006, 11:03 AM
Saratoga

Damnit, Dylan Thomas and Alexandrova OUT.
Old 10-15-2006, 01:08 PM
Saratoga

Scorpion now possible for the Turf.....
Old 10-15-2006, 07:31 PM
Saratoga

Red Rocks possible for the Turf.....
Old 10-18-2006, 12:42 PM
Saratoga

Satwa Queen and Ad Valorem still possible.....
Old 10-18-2006, 12:43 PM
The Curragh

Ad Valorem sucks! piece of **** horse, i hopped off the bandwagon after last years SHagwell
Old 10-18-2006, 12:48 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattleallstar
Ad Valorem sucks! piece of **** horse, i hopped off the bandwagon after last years SHagwell
So I guess you weren't impressed with him in the Queen Anne Stakes?
Old 10-18-2006, 12:51 PM
The Curragh

nope, he isnt just a consistent sort. Hes like a broke mans Hawk Wing, you never know when the true talent and brillance will show up
Old 10-18-2006, 08:29 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattleallstar
nope, he isnt just a consistent sort. Hes like a broke mans Hawk Wing, you never know when the true talent and brillance will show up
That's why I love horses like that..... keeps it exciting.