Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Dee Tee Stables
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-11-2007, 12:20 PM
Keeneland

Default Sumwon

We've gone a few days without talking about Sumwon, so I felt compelled to post

Hey, Danzig, are you still planning on visiting her in a week? (looking forward to more pictures, and the report on if she likes peppermints, apples, or carrots :-)

Chuck, how has she done since her work? Is she galloping a bit daily, jogging, etc? (interested in the "usual routine" for a week) I know you mentioned on DT radio that the other day Cherie just took her on a walk around the backstretch, she's gotten more relaxed .... and when you come north, you'll be stabling at Churchill, or Turfway? Will Cherie come north, too?
Seems she's done good things working with Sumwon.

Hey Spyder - how are your wife's lead changes coming along?
Old 03-11-2007, 12:58 PM
Keeneland

And I see I posted this incorrectly the paddock, I guess the moderators can move it to DeeTee folder :-)

Lizzy Van Lew, Sumwon's 2003 half by War Chant, worked at Palm Meadows training center 2-27-07, 5f on the firm turf, 1:01.60 handily, ranked 2/22.
Old 03-11-2007, 01:04 PM
Del Mar

Default Riot

Tried Chuck's suggestions and it's working pretty well. Let go of the reins and let her go and you know what, she ran out of things to say. Of course I also medicated myself with two advil and three bourbons, but I think Chuck is on to something.
Old 03-11-2007, 02:07 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot
We've gone a few days without talking about Sumwon, so I felt compelled to post

Hey, Danzig, are you still planning on visiting her in a week? (looking forward to more pictures, and the report on if she likes peppermints, apples, or carrots :-)

Chuck, how has she done since her work? Is she galloping a bit daily, jogging, etc? (interested in the "usual routine" for a week) I know you mentioned on DT radio that the other day Cherie just took her on a walk around the backstretch, she's gotten more relaxed .... and when you come north, you'll be stabling at Churchill, or Turfway? Will Cherie come north, too?
Seems she's done good things working with Sumwon.

Hey Spyder - how are your wife's lead changes coming along?
heading to new orleans in one week, meeting chuck some time early monday am.
Old 03-11-2007, 02:54 PM
Sunshine Park

Anyone have any more info on Lizzy Van Lew? It doesn't appear that she has ever raced. Seems odd since she is now a 4 year old. Anyone know an injury history or the reasoning? Or who her trainer is?
Old 03-16-2007, 09:59 AM
Arlington Park

Guys the more I look at her pedigree and pp, the more I think you guys made a great pickup for $24,000. Her sire and broodmare sire were both G1 winners going 10f and her dam was a multiple G3 winner going 8.5 furlongs. In fact her entire dam-side is loaded with staying power (Worden, T.V. Lark, Northern Dancer), but I am sure you all know this already.
I think her prospects as a broodmare are quite good, which obviously increases her value considerably. With a little speed on top, she could produce some real nice runners. And since she will no doubt be a stakes winner herself () her prospects will be really good.
Good luck with her.
Old 03-16-2007, 11:57 AM
Hollywood Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzig188
heading to new orleans in one week, meeting chuck some time early monday am.
Danzig, did you learn anything about SWLY that you care to share?? Oh, I guess that would be next Monday, nevermind.
Old 03-17-2007, 03:44 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by jman5581
Danzig, did you learn anything about SWLY that you care to share?? Oh, I guess that would be next Monday, nevermind.
we're going to new orleans tomorrow. plan to leave around ten or so-tony wiggled out of work, so we'll get there earlier then we had originally planned. heading to see the gal on monday morning.
Old 03-17-2007, 05:33 PM
Sunshine Park

Danzig,

Have a great time with the girl and Chuck. Give us details of the trip whenever you get back.
Old 03-17-2007, 10:52 PM
Sha Tin

I'm sorry that I have not made any updates on Sumwon but I have been spending far too much time in airports this week. Looking forward to seeing the Danzig crew on Monday.
Old 03-18-2007, 12:29 AM
Sunshine Park

Chuck,
You don't have to be sorry for anything. You've already put in a great amount of effort to this partnership and keeping everyone updated. You and Steve keep up the good work.

Thanks,
Brian