Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > Trip Notes
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-20-2006, 08:46 AM
Steve Byk

Default Two Year Olds to Watch

New thread and a good edition to Trip Notes.. Could provide a record of "who saw whom first"... Claim your colt or filly here!

ANY GIVEN SATURDAY -- Pair of wins at TP and KEE, and both impressive. Will likely show up in a juvy stake next at CD... Pletcher/WinStar.. $1.1 mill under gavel and a half to Bohemian Lady.. Should transcend the artificial surface..

BELGRAVIA -- Mentioned 10/20 by KY Sasquatch off explosive KEE debut 10/19.. Coolmore/Biancone..
Old 10-20-2006, 09:45 AM
bellsbendboy

Default Street Sense

Will be a big number in the Juvenile and has a license to improve. Colt is still green but his move at Kee very powerful. Loves Churchill, bullet work today (day 13) which is traditionally very slow for Nafzger. BBB
Old 10-20-2006, 09:33 PM
Churchill Downs

Day Pass. Broke his maiden at Belmont on 10/07/2006 in Race 2. He got left at the gate by about two lengths behind the field, circled the field, and won with ease. I also like his stablemate, Media City, who ran second in the race.

Zada Belle (although I can't have dibs on this horse because someone else pointed her out to me). I absolutely love her! She is a future star. She just broke her maiden on October 13, 2006 in Race 4 at Oak Tree at Santa Anita. It was an annihilation! Her maiden was one of the most impressive maidens that I have ever seen.

Tiz Wonderful (everyone already knows about him).

A few Horses that may not be top quality that I am going to follow...

Welcome Inn, an Orientate running at Delware Park. She has been improving and was impressive in her last even though it was in the slop.

Lady Joanne (Orientate)...now this one may actually do something. She was super impressive at Keeneland on 10/11/06 in Race 6 even though she was running on the synthetic surface.

An Orientate colt that hasn't made it to the track yet.

I also haven't given up on Allude quite yet.

P.S. I like Orientate's.
Old 10-21-2006, 12:11 PM
Hialeah Park

Anyone seen Sahara Heat work yet? He's one I've been following for a while, should be debuting shortly.
Old 10-21-2006, 07:18 PM
Morris Park

Adore The Gold; by Forest Gold out of a Dixieland Band mare.
Started out winning a 50k maiden race by over 10 lengths; went right form there to a 100k stakes at Delaware today and drew off to win by daylight. In only his second start beat ,among others, Kong's Revenge, who was 3rd in the Gr-2 Futurity at Belmont last month.
Old 10-22-2006, 02:51 PM
Randwyck

Nice Looking two year old named Hard Spun a son of Danzig just crushed
a field of MSW Runners at Delaware Park going 5 1/2 furlongs in 1:04.0
winning by 8 or so lengths being eased up at the 1/16 pole and under an easy
gallop under Mario Pino could have on 15 lengths if asked for run
Settin fractions of 21.8, 45.6, 57.0

Trained by . Larry Jones and owned by Fox Hill Farm
Old 10-23-2006, 05:07 AM
Del Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasept
New thread and a good edition to Trip Notes.. Could provide a record of "who saw whom first"... Claim your colt or filly here!

ANY GIVEN SATURDAY -- Pair of wins at TP and KEE, and both impressive. Will likely show up in a juvy stake next at CD... Pletcher/WinStar.. $1.1 mill under gavel and a half to Bohemian Lady.. Should transcend the artificial surface..

BELGRAVIA -- Mentioned 10/20 by KY Sasquatch off explosive KEE debut 10/19.. Coolmore/Biancone..
Belgravia was one of my favorite colts at the Fasig Tipton Calder sale. He ended up going for $2 million. He is a beautiful chestnut colt by Mr. Greeley and he has a beautiful way of going. He's built like a horse that wants to run long. I don't know if he'll be able to run 1 1/4 miles but I don't think he'll have any problem going 1 1/8 miles. He actually looks a little bit like Greeley's Galaxy.

At this point, Belgravia is in my top 5 prospects for next year.
Old 10-23-2006, 07:57 AM
"The Kentucky Killing Machine"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupert Pupkin
Belgravia was one of my favorite colts at the Fasig Tipton Calder sale. He ended up going for $2 million. He is a beautiful chestnut colt by Mr. Greeley and he has a beautiful way of going. He's built like a horse that wants to run long. I don't know if he'll be able to run 1 1/4 miles but I don't think he'll have any problem going 1 1/8 miles. He actually looks a little bit like Greeley's Galaxy.

At this point, Belgravia is in my top 5 prospects for next year.
agreed very impessive..id toss her in the juvy race asap..
Old 10-23-2006, 06:23 PM
Del Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentuckyrosesinmay
Day Pass. Broke his maiden at Belmont on 10/07/2006 in Race 2. He got left at the gate by about two lengths behind the field, circled the field, and won with ease. I also like his stablemate, Media City, who ran second in the race.

Zada Belle (although I can't have dibs on this horse because someone else pointed her out to me). I absolutely love her! She is a future star. She just broke her maiden on October 13, 2006 in Race 4 at Oak Tree at Santa Anita. It was an annihilation! Her maiden was one of the most impressive maidens that I have ever seen.

Tiz Wonderful (everyone already knows about him).

A few Horses that may not be top quality that I am going to follow...

Welcome Inn, an Orientate running at Delware Park. She has been improving and was impressive in her last even though it was in the slop.

Lady Joanne (Orientate)...now this one may actually do something. She was super impressive at Keeneland on 10/11/06 in Race 6 even though she was running on the synthetic surface.

An Orientate colt that hasn't made it to the track yet.

I also haven't given up on Allude quite yet.

P.S. I like Orientate's.
I agree with you about Day Pass as we discussed before. He lost more like 5 lengths at the start. He has a lot of talent. He worked a quarter in :20 3/5 at the Keeneland sale. It was the fastest work of the entire sale.
Old 10-23-2006, 06:27 PM
Del Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoovesupsideyourhead
agreed very impessive..id toss her in the juvy race asap..
I wouldn't be surprised to see them send him to Hollywood for the Prevue and the Futurity. The Hollywood Prevue is on Nov 18 and the Hollywood Futurity is on Dec 16. The timing is right and they know that he likes polytrack.
Old 10-24-2006, 02:34 AM
Del Mar

Another horse that was extremely impressive was Notional, who made his debut on Saturday at Santa Anita. He looks like a real bargain. J Paul Reddam bought him at the Barrett's March sale for $235,000.

He earned a 105 Beyer on Saturday. That is the highest Beyer number that any 2 year old has run all year.

I really didn't think he'd be able to beat the horse that ran 2nd. The horse that ran 2nd is a horse named Exhale. Exhaled was one of the most impressive horses at the Fasig Tipton Calder sale. To give you an idea of how good he worked at the sale, he sold for $800,000 even though he is by Millenium Wind who only stands for $5,000. Like Notional, Exhale was making his debut this past Saturday.

I'm still pissed at myself for the way I bet the race. I bet $300 to win and place on Exhale and only bet a $20 WP saver on Notional. They ended up running 1-2, but I only bet the exacta one way. Notional went off at 11-1 and the $2 exacta paid $130. I can't believe I didn't reverse the exacta.

Last edited by Rupert Pupkin : 10-24-2006 at 02:36 AM.
Old 10-27-2006, 09:29 AM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperSB23
Anyone seen Sahara Heat work yet? He's one I've been following for a while, should be debuting shortly.
Entered in the second at Aqueduct tomorrow. Prado aboard.
Old 10-27-2006, 11:04 AM
Oriental Park

How bout that Westwon....careful
Old 11-03-2006, 03:24 PM
Del Mar

Quote:
I agree with you about Day Pass as we discussed before. He lost more like 5 lengths at the start. He has a lot of talent. He worked a quarter in :20 3/5 at the Keeneland sale. It was the fastest work of the entire sale.
We were right about Day Pass. He won the Nashua Stakes today at Aqueduct by 5 lengths. Unfortunately he got bet down to 2-1 from his 7-2 morning-line.
Old 11-03-2006, 03:40 PM
Keeneland

Not sure if he's been mentioned or not, but I like that Johannesburg colt "Daytona." He was 2nd in the Continental Stakes.

And I'll take Teuflesberg as well... I'm sold on this colt. I like the way he covers the ground...

Last edited by Cajungator26 : 11-03-2006 at 06:39 PM.
Old 11-03-2006, 08:21 PM
Del Mar

Quote:
We were right about Day Pass. He won the Nashua Stakes today at Aqueduct by 5 lengths. Unfortunately he got bet down to 2-1 from his 7-2 morning-line.
If they would have somehow gotten this horse to the races a month sooner, I think he would have been a legitimate contender in the BC Juvenille.
Old 11-03-2006, 08:28 PM
Hollywood Park

Default Thought 2-1 was a square price

Almost missed Day Pass given the recard of the stakes race but caught him and the late DD.
Certainly acts real nice.
Looks like he might run on in distance...
2-1 was a square price.
I can't remember so many talented two year old colts running as this year's crop. THen again my memory ain't what it used to be.

PSH
Old 11-03-2006, 10:00 PM
Del Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSH
Almost missed Day Pass given the recard of the stakes race but caught him and the late DD.
Certainly acts real nice.
Looks like he might run on in distance...
2-1 was a square price.
I can't remember so many talented two year old colts running as this year's crop. THen again my memory ain't what it used to be.

PSH
I couldn't make a big bet at that price. I only bet $100 to win on him. It's tough to take a short price on a horse who has only run 5 1/2 furlongs and is now being asked to stretch out to a mile. If the race would have been this past weekend, I probably wouldn't have bet on him at all because he would have been coming back in only 22 days. They cancelled the races that day, so the race was postponed until today and that gave him 27 days which I am more comfortable with. The only problem was that I wasn't sure if he would be fit to go a mile.
Old 11-04-2006, 12:37 PM
Balletto

Swift Temper will be one of the top Turf fillies in the upcoming year or two. The connections are great people and they are really excited about her. They didnt stop the accolades when I was talking to them.
Old 11-04-2006, 06:43 PM
Pimlico

Hard Spun.