Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > International Racing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-07-2007, 02:37 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoChanceToDance
I'm done with this thread.

If you don't want to believe fact, then there is nothing i can do about that.
Uh oh, someone get him a "This is my last post" t-shirt.
Old 08-07-2007, 03:11 PM
Keeneland

The Green Monkey is not a donkey, dammit!

He is a future G1 winner.
Old 08-07-2007, 04:07 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperSB23
Uh oh, someone get him a "This is my last post" t-shirt.
Funny girl

and now we murderers because we kill time
Old 08-07-2007, 04:26 PM
Newmarket

Quote:
Funny girl
weren't you done with this thread like 3-4 hours ago?
Old 08-07-2007, 04:27 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Funny girl
Good one.
Old 08-07-2007, 08:04 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
While Crisford and Ferguson are at the head of affairs, the Godolphin downfall will continue.

If anyone knows the Observer that well, they will know that this paper isn't the sort to write nonsense and not be able to back it's comments up.
This thread is littered with absurdities and i won't comment on each one but this? This was funny.

You're blaming Crisford now?

C'mon be serious here.

As far as the Observer that's one of the reasons i asked if it was by a staff writer or a freelancer. They're not responsible for the opinions of a freelancer. You said yourself former employees were interviewed... what does that tell you?

What it tells me is exactly what STS said.

edit - Finished reading through this..... agree with Sniper, Sightseek and AJ.
Old 08-07-2007, 08:06 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
I'm done with this thread.

If you don't want to believe fact, then there is nothing i can do about that.
This is NOT fact.
Old 08-08-2007, 03:37 AM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by my miss storm cat
This thread is littered with absurdities and i won't comment on each one but this? This was funny.

You're blaming Crisford now?

C'mon be serious here.

As far as the Observer that's one of the reasons i asked if it was by a staff writer or a freelancer. They're not responsible for the opinions of a freelancer. You said yourself former employees were interviewed... what does that tell you?

What it tells me is exactly what STS said.

edit - Finished reading through this..... agree with Sniper, Sightseek and AJ.
Crisford has always been one of the many problems behind the downfall of Godolphin. This guy hasn't got a clue, all he was before he landed this job was a journalist, but now he is trying to train the horses and telling the Sheikh which horses he should be buying. He is just a PR, not a racing manager.

I'm pretty sure this guy is a staff writer, i do not read the Observer on a daily basis, but i think he is a sports writer for the paper.

Former employees were interviewed because current employees are not aloud to talk to the press about these sorts of stories! Everyone they interviewed are good people Neil Graham in particular, he used to be a very good trainer. Godolphin asked him to train their 2yo's for them. He didn't like the way they were being trained, so he suggested something else...... and they didn't like it. You're telling me that is how a training operation should be run?

They aren't bitter staff, most interviewed left there when the going was good, either just to move on or become trainers on their own.

Old 08-08-2007, 03:47 AM
The Curragh

Quote:
This is NOT fact.

Oh, i'm sorry, but i didn't realise you knew people who worked at Godolphin that could tell you otherwise.

If this article was a load of crap, i would have read it and not bothered to post it at all, but the fact that i was told about it "reading very close to the truth" i thought i'd read it and see what i thought.

From everything i have been told by both current and ex employees, this article remains to be the truth.

You have said yourself that you know little about racing, especially over here, so i don't quite see how you are in the position to say that this isn't fact.

People can argue with me all day long, but when i have bothered to send this article to the people who still work there and both have said, it is well informed, i cannot see how you can say it isn't the truth.

I could say white is white at the moment and the reply would be "no it's not".

Believe what you like, but you have serious tunnel vision.

Old 08-08-2007, 03:55 AM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardus
Well, here's a chance to continue the raging debate...

http://www.independent.ie/sport/hors...n-1052877.html
It's an interesting story. When you first read the headline you think "jeez, he's bought Teofilo". However, it's interesting to see that the Sheikh has no ownership of him whatsoever, he is just standing under the Darley banner.

Darley have lost out on severl stallion in the last few years through being too greedy (i.e. wanting to buy the stallion outright, or not at all), so i'm glad to see their position has altered somewhat.

Also, with the Bolger's still having full ownership, i would imagine this would give Darley a kick up the backside to make sure they don't mess his stallion career up, because if they do, he will be at one of the other large operations very quickly.

I'm surprised the shiekh hasn't got even a small percentage of ownership. I suppose it is a like a get out clause for the Bolger's.

He will certainly get much more media coverage under the Darley banner, which is something i do respect them for. Their marketing is very good.

Old 08-08-2007, 08:38 AM
Newmarket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardus
Well, here's a chance to continue the raging debate...

http://www.independent.ie/sport/hors...n-1052877.html
I think a couple statements are telling;
"Financial constraints do not apply to the Sheikh. They never have, particularly where his bloodstock is concerned. Those who question the worth of Godolphin and Darley, his racing and breeding empires, do so through western eyes. And if the excesses are unpalatable to some, they matter little to one who has developed Godolphin as a promotional tool for Dubai"

and

"This is a free country and (people) can write what they want, but I have different ideas."
Old 08-08-2007, 09:01 AM
Saratoga

Quote:
Crisford has always been one of the many problems behind the downfall of Godolphin. This guy hasn't got a clue, all he was before he landed this job was a journalist, but now he is trying to train the horses and telling the Sheikh which horses he should be buying. He is just a PR, not a racing manager.
I have a hard time believing this.....

A journalist first? Well ummmm yea..... many writers go into PR.

Sorry but I think it's nuts to blame him for ANYTHING.
Old 08-08-2007, 09:02 AM
Saratoga

Quote:
Oh, i'm sorry, but i didn't realise you knew people who worked at Godolphin that could tell you otherwise.
I know one. Not well but i do know one person there.

Anyway, i don't personally know Lava man... does that mean i can't have an opinion on him?
Old 08-08-2007, 09:04 AM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
I know one. Not well but i do know one person there.

Anyway, i don't personally know Lava man... does that mean i can't have an opinion on him?
You don't need to know Lava Man to talk about him, you just have to say how wonderful he is and what a great story he is or everyone jumps down your throat.
Old 08-08-2007, 09:05 AM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperSB23
You don't need to know Lava Man to talk about him, you just have to say how wonderful he is and what a great story he is or everyone jumps down your throat.
Including Simon Crisford?
Old 08-08-2007, 09:18 AM
Saratoga

Quote:

Believe what you like, but you have serious tunnel vision.
No, I don't believe that's me.

I wish I had time to look up all the good they do, all the positive stuff.

Are you aware that at the 2001 BC they donated 100 percent of their winnings? Everything? This was on top of the huge donation for families of Sept. 11th victims ($5 million).

You've acused me of horrible things - wishing harm to their horses and supporting them for supposedly running their horses into the ground - and I've tried to remain fair.

You're acting like a kid on a playground who isn't getting his way, No Chance.

You believe some damned piece... go ahead.

If they're so satanic why on earth are you playing the 7 Stars? I'd think you'd be boycotting it.

THEY ARE GOOD FOR THE SPORT. You can't convince me otherwise and neither can some piece of propaganda.

Last edited by my miss storm cat : 08-08-2007 at 09:44 AM.
Old 08-08-2007, 09:34 AM
The Curragh

Quote:
I have a hard time believing this.....

A journalist first? Well ummmm yea..... many writers go into PR.

Sorry but I think it's nuts to blame him for ANYTHING.

Do you know what he does? No, i didn't think so. Do you know the person who worked along side him for three years?

The guy is an idiot.

The only reason he is getting his way is through brown nosing. I feel sorry for Saeed because he is the one that people jump on first, but he plays a back room role now.

You're telling me a journalist has the right background to train racehorses and tell the Sheikh which ones he should waste his money on.

The more i read i more i realise that you know very little about Godolphin apart from some of the horses that they "train"

Old 08-08-2007, 09:42 AM
Flemington

Quote:
Do you know what he does? No, i didn't think so. Do you know the person who worked along side him for three years?

The guy is an idiot.

The only reason he is getting his way is through brown nosing. I feel sorry for Saeed because he is the one that people jump on first, but he plays a back room role now.

You're telling me a journalist has the right background to train racehorses and tell the Sheikh which ones he should waste his money on.

The more i read i more i realise that you know very little about Godolphin apart from some of the horses that they "train"
Out of curiousity...if you know so much more, how come you haven't been able to get a job in the Thoroughbred Industry?
Old 08-08-2007, 09:43 AM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sightseek
Out of curiousity...if you know so much more, how come you haven't been able to get a job in the Thoroughbred Industry?
Uh oh, I feel like there is another "This is my last post" coming.
Old 08-08-2007, 09:56 AM
The Curragh

Quote:
No, I don't believe that's me.

I wish I had time to look up all the good they do, all the positive stuff.

Are you aware that at the 2004 BC they donated 100 percent of their winnings? Everything? This was on top of the huge donation for families of Sept. 11th victims ($5 million).

You've acused me of horrible things - wishing harm to their horses and supporting them for supposedly running their horses into the ground - and I've tried to remain fair.

You're acting like a kid on a playground who isn't getting his way, No Chance.

You believe some damned piece... go ahead.

If they're so satanic why on earth are you playing the 7 Stars? I'd think you'd be boycotting it.

THEY ARE GOOD FOR THE SPORT. You can't convince me otherwise and neither can some piece of propaganda.
At least i believe something which i know is the truth and not being naive. This is what annoys me, so far what you have written shows you have very little idea about Godolphin and what they do and what a poor business they run, but you continue to argue the toss.

That was very nice of them, i agree, but with the money they have they would do much better to give it to charities than buying everyone else's horses.

They might be good for the sport in America (they haven't taken over there yet), but over here they are not good for racing. Far from it.

As i have said. Tell me why they cannot compete with Coolmore, even though thay are more wealthy? I will give you the answer. Coolmore are not as greedy, they know how to run a business, and what's more..... they have a plan.

Tell me why Godolphin make all these big entries costsing them hundreds (sometimes thousands) when they have no intention of running the horse? Especially when they said they were going to stop wasting money on mass entries this year (yeah, right).

They do run the horses into the ground, which explains for many of the injuries their horses suffer, but they know they can just buy another to replace them. That is the attitude they have. They have already admitted that buying the competition seemed to be a good ploy. Now if that is good for racing, i don't know what is bad for racing! Hasn't worked for them though, has it!

How is it good for racing when they have a runner and they are telling trainers not to run their horses because they are owned by the Sheikh or Princess Haya?

As i have said, i'd really like to introduce you to the people i know. Maybe they could make you see sense.

The seven stars? why shouldn't i play it. Just because i don't like the way they run a business why should i boycott it? That would be like a company saying, even though you produce the best products by far, we aren't going to buy any of them....... i mean a company would be stupid to do that.......... oh wait, that's what Godolphin did!

Believe what you want, and i will believe the truth.

Yeah, i'm in the playground, and you're the one stupid enough to push the swing