Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > Trip Notes
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-03-2012, 09:02 AM
Belmont Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsmc View Post
He will not be overlooked next out, unless there are a couple beasts in against him. If he runs against the same type group, he will be one of the favorites.

It's not like he has any speed. The bump knocked him back to last where he was probably going to end up anyway. It's a sucker trouble line when a horse that has no speed gets bothered at the start. He made the same closing move on Dec 10 and the public jumped on him the next out where he couldn't hit the board against arguably a slightly better group that the previous race. The competition is only going to get tougher as some of the late bloomers hit the track, then soon enough, he'll have to beat older horses too.

Speaking in Beyer terms as that seems to be the most common way to compare. He got a 50 for his efforts yesterday so in his three tries at Tampa, he is going backwards from a 59 to a 54 to a troubled 50. You aren't winning a straight 3yr old MSW at Tampa running in the 50's. Closing kick or not.

Unless he gets some class relief, he is not getting a dime of my money.
Trakus has him moving the 2nd best (to the eventual winner) @ the 7/8th and tiring in the last 1/8th covering 16 more ft than the winner - anyone's guess what that took out of him...Horvat Clan covered 21 more ft and was beaten a length, so that would be another "bad trip type" bet back, though probably no price on him...It will be interesting to see both of them run back - I'll be using both

Also worth noting - Chief Redneck, 3rd beaten 1 1/4 lengths - covered 11 less ft than the winner

There is my toss next time he runs

Last edited by Rudeboyelvis : 02-03-2012 at 09:18 AM.
Old 02-03-2012, 10:51 AM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudeboyelvis View Post
Trakus has him moving the 2nd best (to the eventual winner) @ the 7/8th and tiring in the last 1/8th covering 16 more ft than the winner - anyone's guess what that took out of him...Horvat Clan covered 21 more ft and was beaten a length, so that would be another "bad trip type" bet back, though probably no price on him...It will be interesting to see both of them run back - I'll be using both

Also worth noting - Chief Redneck, 3rd beaten 1 1/4 lengths - covered 11 less ft than the winner

I actually like Chief Redneck going forward. Being hounded by a 60 something to 1 horse a few times, while making his first start going two turns, I thought he ran well. He didn't pack it in either, he fought a bit.

I even think Score One might be worth watching next time because he was the horse that bumped with NBA Money. At the very least you know Score One is going to be a price next time.
Old 02-05-2012, 12:51 PM
Goodwood

After his afternoon swim with Leandro Goncalves on friday , Exacta Bob reports that Goncalves is still pissed at Mike Allen for running him into the rail.
Old 02-05-2012, 02:04 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
After his afternoon swim with Leandro Goncalves on friday , Exacta Bob reports that Goncalves is still pissed at Mike Allen for running him into the rail.
That may be just a little Creepy
Old 02-05-2012, 05:34 PM
5'8".. but all man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfer View Post
That may be just a little Creepy
May?
Old 02-06-2012, 04:09 AM
Goodwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPK View Post
May?
It's very creepy. That's why I posted it. The thought of Exacta Bob and Goncalves chatting about the days races and future races in the shallow end of the pool is one of the funniest things ever.

For the record, Goncalves showed why he is a jockey and not a trainer by telling Exacta Bob that he didn't know why Ness was bringing Wiki back so quickly on Saturday. I guess he knows why now.
Old 02-06-2012, 10:00 PM
5'8".. but all man!

Quote:
It's very creepy. That's why I posted it. The thought of Exacta Bob and Goncalves chatting about the days races and future races in the shallow end of the pool is one of the funniest things ever.

For the record, Goncalves showed why he is a jockey and not a trainer by telling Exacta Bob that he didn't know why Ness was bringing Wiki back so quickly on Saturday. I guess he knows why now.
Never...ever...

I mean NEVER....

doubt the Ness juice.
Old 02-07-2012, 03:18 PM
Goodwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPK View Post
Never...ever...

I mean NEVER....

doubt the Ness juice.
You and I know that, I think Goncalves does now, after Saturday.

With 1 to 7 day comebackers over the last 5 years, Ness has 44% winners, 80% ITM with a $2.17 ROI from a 44 start sample.
Old 02-22-2012, 06:32 AM
Goodwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudeboyelvis View Post

Today's your day to toss.
Old 03-31-2012, 06:42 PM
Goodwood

Quote:
That said, I hope Ian Wilkes keeps NBA Money at the MSW level. He has the look of a longtime maiden, unless he gets some class relief soon. He is running just well enough to take money, which are the types I love to play against.

He found the proper field. Firsters second and third behind him.
Old 03-31-2012, 06:56 PM
5'8".. but all man!

Quote:

He found the proper field. Firsters second and third behind him.