Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > The Paddock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-09-2006, 12:56 PM
The Curragh

Default 50k claimer vs a Regal blueblood who looks spectacular

the claimer vs a horse who would of gotten well over 7 figures if brought to a sale. Throw in the performances and you do the math. Lava man only beat Bro Derek by a few lenghts, while Bernardini destroyed Brother Derek in the Preakness by double digit margins
Old 10-09-2006, 12:58 PM
Coach Pants

While giving 9lbs to Brother Derek

Wanderin Boy is as laughable as Brother Derek in what essentially was a match race for Bern.
Old 10-09-2006, 01:00 PM
Sheepshead Bay

Not too mention BD wasn't the same in the Preakness as he was earlier in the year, it was nice to see him look like he might be rounding back into form though...
Old 10-09-2006, 01:26 PM
Churchill Downs

Yes, this is about the horse who has had everything handed to him in a silver haynet - premium parents, the most expensive treatment from day one, every chance to prove himself, elite trainers and riders - versus the horse who had to work his way up from the bottom to earn respect. Lava Man actually debuted for Maiden Claiming $12,500 at the Stockton fair; maybe not rock bottom, but he could see it from there. He ran at medium level races up and down California until he got into the hands of the right trainer for him.

It's the rich frat boy versus the blue-collar kid who had to earn every cent he spends. I've always had a soft spot for the underdog. <"Speed of lightning, bolt of thunder, fighting all who rob or plunder...,">
Old 10-09-2006, 01:30 PM
Bold Reasoning

This is the battle of the two grandsons of the mighty Slew!
Old 10-09-2006, 01:34 PM
Balletto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedigree Ann
Yes, this is about the horse who has had everything handed to him in a silver haynet - premium parents, the most expensive treatment from day one, every chance to prove himself, elite trainers and riders - versus the horse who had to work his way up from the bottom to earn respect. Lava Man actually debuted for Maiden Claiming $12,500 at the Stockton fair; maybe not rock bottom, but he could see it from there. He ran at medium level races up and down California until he got into the hands of the right trainer for him.

It's the rich frat boy versus the blue-collar kid who had to earn every cent he spends. I've always had a soft spot for the underdog. <"Speed of lightning, bolt of thunder, fighting all who rob or plunder...,">
That reminds me of a great quote... "Dont pretend you hit a homerun if you were born on 3rd base".
Old 10-09-2006, 01:41 PM
Del Mar

Lava Man could have won that race by as much as he wanted. Gimmee a break. Hes got bigger things to look forward to.
Old 10-09-2006, 01:49 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gander
Lava Man could have won that race by as much as he wanted. Gimmee a break. Hes got bigger things to look forward to.

this what happens when you have Rachel Bilson on the mind 24/7, i post the stuff i do..lol
Old 10-09-2006, 01:51 PM
Randwyck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattleallstar
this what happens when you have Rachel Bilson on the mind 24/7, i post the stuff i do..lol
I don't see anything wrong with that
Old 10-09-2006, 01:53 PM
Del Mar

No doubt. Theres worse things to have on your mind than Rachel Billson. New OC episodes start next month.