Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > The Paddock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-09-2006, 02:32 PM
Danzig2

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmayjr
Just watching Bernardini's Preakness performance- I don't think a healthy Barbaro beats Bernardini on that day. Combo that with what he's done since. Bernardini should win it. A win in the BC Classic will cement that. If not it's gonna be close.

Another route, just like last year... I know this would never happen, but for convaersations sake: What if Bernardini somehow finished up the track in the BC Classic, and Henny Hughes wins the Sprint? I mean if LITF woulda won the sprint last year????
yeah, based on all those rotten wins by barbaro, i can see why bernardini would have crushed him had he finished the race. next time you look into your crystal ball, howsabout giving me the winning powerball numbers!
Old 10-09-2006, 02:33 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

I guess I'm part of the sympathy vote:
1) Barbaro
2) Bernardini
Switch the two if Bernardini wins the BCC!
Old 10-09-2006, 02:36 PM
Fairgrounds

Sorry Danzig... my crystal ball won't give me my own Powerball winners unfortunately. I wasn't ragging on the way Barbaro won, and much respect to what he did earlier in the year. Don't put words in my mouth calling them "rotten wins". I'm just sayin I think what Bernardini has done since (and what he'll prove on BC day) will slam the door shut on this debate.

BTW Danzig, I'll give you the option- 1 middle finger or 2?
If y'all fresh to death, then I'm deceased...
Old 10-09-2006, 02:37 PM
Del Mar

Prosperous Queen would have been HOY if she had won the 1st today. That would have given her 3 in a row and that would have put her over the top. She lost by a freaking head bob.
Old 10-09-2006, 02:37 PM
Danzig2

Quote:
Sorry Danzig... my crystal ball won't give me my own Powerball winners unfortunately. I wasn't ragging on the way Barbaro won, and much respect to what he did earlier in the year. Don't put words in my mouth calling them "rotten wins". I'm just sayin I think what Bernardini has done since (and what he'll prove on BC day) will slam the door shut on this debate.

BTW Danzig, I'll give you the option- 1 middle finger or 2?
oh i'm sure the 3 yo of the year debate is over. sorry you can't get me those #'s!! and uh, sorry...what about one finger or two? don't get your meaning there...
Old 10-09-2006, 02:39 PM
Danzig2

oh wait...now i get it. one bird or two. flipping me off? thanks so much. your rapier wit has met it's mark.
puh-leeze.
Old 10-09-2006, 02:40 PM
Fairgrounds

lol the wit is as fast as your understand it is slow... and you still didn't answer the question...
Old 10-09-2006, 02:41 PM
Coach Pants

Barbaro looked absolutely incredible in the derby post parade. I was sold and made my wager accordingly. It's sickening what happened to him and I often think of what could have been. How magnificent the big races would have been if he were in them.

But that's all I can do is dream of outcomes that will never happen. In reality the horse who has accomplished more is Bernardini and he is worthy of the honor of top 3yr old.

Barbaro is the Kentucky Derby champion. One of the most impressive Derby champions ever.

Last edited by Coach Pants : 10-09-2006 at 02:45 PM.
Old 10-09-2006, 02:42 PM
Danzig2

Quote:
lol the wit is as fast as your understand it is slow... and you still didn't answer the question...
well, you see how quick you are after getting up at 3 am with about four hours sleep. and now it' 12 hours later and this is the most i've sat down so far today.

by all means, if you're going to do it, do it right! no half-stepping, so gimme both.
Old 10-09-2006, 02:49 PM
Keeneland

I could SO go somewhere with all of this finger talk... but I think I'll keep my mouth shut for once.
Old 10-09-2006, 03:12 PM
Santa Anita

Quote:
Originally Posted by somerfrost
I guess I'm part of the sympathy vote:
1) Barbaro
2) Bernardini
Switch the two if Bernardini wins the BCC!

I agree Somer. Barbaro impressed me a great deal while he was racing. Turf/dirt, etc...

But if Bernardini can beat the others in the Classic, I would say him.
Old 10-09-2006, 03:15 PM
Fairgrounds

Look... I'll back off a little bit. It's stupid that if someone disagrees with you, that they have to be so rude about it. I think there's a way to disagree without ****ting on the person you're disagreeing with. A lot of people have serious issues with that. But if you're gonna bite... I'll bite back. I'll "jaw" all day long if that's the way you guys wanna go.
Old 10-09-2006, 03:57 PM
Dee Tee Stables

not sure who you mean, pmay. i've laughed off your flipping off post, and was smiling while saying gimme both. since this message board is somewhat limited in only showing actual words, sometimes it's hard to get the right attitude across.
Old 10-09-2006, 04:32 PM
Fairgrounds

I only replied to you... I don't start it... but I'll keep it goin...
Old 10-09-2006, 04:53 PM
oracle80

Well no doubt that Bernadini will win the award. Hes beaten elders(two of em, but whose counting) and won multiple prestigious races.
Its a shame that Barbaro couldnt have stayed sound and we'd have had a banner year with those two.
Old 10-09-2006, 07:05 PM
Monmouth Park

This is no longer a debate topic. Barbaro will never again be seen on the track and he won the one race where everyone pays attention. That should not be held against Bernardini. Bernardini will likely win the BCC and 3 YO Eclipse and HOY...end of debate.

Personally, I would vote for the three horses that actually finished ahead of Bernardini in a race, in his debut.