Old 09-07-2006, 01:14 AM
Saratoga

Hurricane Run is out.
Old 09-07-2006, 01:30 AM
Saratoga

From The Telegraph.....

Ground fears keep Hurricane Run at home
By HOTSPUR (J A McGrath)

Hurricane Run is to stay in France at the weekend and will bypass Saturday's Irish Champion Stakes at Leopardstown after trainer Andre Fabre decided the ground would be more suitable for the colt at Longchamp in Sunday's Prix Foy.

advertisementThe four-year-old's absence has deprived Ireland's showpiece of a major draw card, but allows Irish Derby winner Dylan Thomas his chance to recapture top form on drying ground against the outstanding mares Ouija Board and Alexander Goldrun.

Fabre informed the Magniers, Michael Tabor and Derrick Smith of his decision last night. He felt there would be more chance for cut in the ground at the Paris track.

Middle-distance star Hurricane Run will now be following a similar preparation to last year for the Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe, for which he is currently 5-2 favourite. In the Prix Foy, he is likely to meet stablemate Shirocco and the Alain de Royer-Dupre-trained Pride.

In other news, Iffraaj is set to take his chance in Saturday's GNER Park Stakes at York as Godolphin continue to prepare him for the crack at the Breeders' Cup Mile at Churchill Downs in November. But the ground remains a major issue.

An improved weather forecast has encouraged trainer Saeed bin Suroor to press ahead with plans to declare the five-year-old in the race, but a dislike of soft conditions is playing havoc with his programme.

Iffraaj had been pencilled in to run in either the Betfred Sprint Cup at Haydock or the Prix du Moulin at Longchamp last weekend, but heavy and soft going, respectively, ensured the horse stayed in his box.

"It is becoming frustrating," Simon Crisford, racing manger to Godolphin, said last night. "The ground at York could change to Good (Good to Soft in places) if drying weather continues, but the bottom line is that we'll walk it on the day and make a decision.

"We are now on to Plan B, and if we can't get a run into him at the weekend, then we'll be looking at Plan C, which could be an early trip to the States," he added.

Iffraaj, who won the Lennox Stakes at Goodwood in quite brilliant style last time out, also finished runner-up in the July Cup. He has the perfect profile for the Breeders' Cup Mile, one very similar to Last Tycoon and Royal Academy who were capable of winning top class sprints before tackling a mile on tight American tracks.

If Iffraaj faces the starter, he could be opposed by Quito, who continues to defy his advancing years with a hectic schedule. The nine-year-old, who was flying home for second to Reverence at Haydock on Saturday, is back at the Lancashire course today, and is then expected to turn out again in the Park Stakes.
Old 09-07-2006, 01:58 AM
Saratoga

Fallon has the mount on Dylan, Kinane on Ace.....
Old 09-07-2006, 02:05 AM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by merasmag
Ouija board is a great mare, but hurricane run is the best living, running horse on the planet...perhaps i should take my meager $ and put most on her saturday (what time cst is this race?) and roll the winnings onto him sunday (with exacta and tri bs with shirroco and ace of course)
You mean to say you'd use Ace if he were going to the Prix Foy? You're my new best friend.

Ace is in the Irish Champion so you might want to use Pride in the Prix Foy... with the boys, of course.

Not sure of the time yet. Moodwalker? Johannesburg?

Good luck to Ace, my favorite.....

Alexander Goldrun / Dylan / Ouija Board (..... but will be thrilled with any of the four winning).

Last edited by my miss storm cat : 09-09-2006 at 02:21 AM.
Old 09-07-2006, 02:44 AM
Formerly 'moodwalker'

http://64.233.179.104/translate_c?hl...ari%26rls%3Den
Old 09-07-2006, 02:53 AM
Formerly 'moodwalker'

Quote:
Originally Posted by merasmag
Ouija board is a great mare, but hurricane run is the best living, running horse on the planet...perhaps i should take my meager $ and put most on her saturday (what time cst is this race?) and roll the winnings onto him sunday (with exacta and tri bs with shirroco and ace of course)
I really think that Shirocco will have more for him than he is bargaining for.

It is going to turn into a 2 horse race with Shirocco likely going out front and loping along if they let him.

When Hurricane Run comes with his assault, Shirocco will already be moving and ready. It should be a nice battle. And I don't think that Fabre' honestly knows what will happen.

When Ouija Board came to Shirocco in England earlier in the year, she gave him everything she could muster and he turned her back without batting an eye.

He has gotten better!
Old 09-09-2006, 10:06 AM
Saratoga

Dylan wins!

Dylan / Ouija Board / Alexander

Last edited by my miss storm cat : 09-09-2006 at 10:08 AM.
Old 09-09-2006, 10:25 AM
Saratoga

DYLAN PROVES CHAMPION
By Martin Kelly, PA Sport
Sporting Life

Dylan Thomas got the better of a thrilling battle with Ouija Board to take the Baileys Irish Champion Stakes at Leopardstown.

Kieren Fallon was seen at his best aboard Aidan O'Brien's colt as he galvanised the Irish Derby hero after Jamie Spencer on Ouija Board headed his mount coming into the final furlong furlong.

Dylan Thomas responded to Fallon's every call to get back on top in the shadow of the post and prevail by a neck, with Alexander Goldrun staying on to be third.

Dylan Thomas was bouncing back to form after turning in a disappointing performance in the Juddmonte International at York.

Fallon settled the colt in second as stablemate Ace set the early pace, while Spencer had Ed Dunlop's Ouija Board sitting on his heels in third.

Turning into the straight, it was evidently going to turn into a battle between the two main protagonists, with Fallon just edging to the front as Ouija Board swung wide.

The popular mare looked to be going best of all, however, and produced her customary change of gear to just get back on top.

But Spencer had reckoned without an extra effort from Dylan Thomas and he just edged it on the line.
Old 09-09-2006, 11:03 AM
Saratoga

The replay.....

http://www.zippyvideos.com/661557804..._champ_stakes/

edit - Ooops, sorry! Didn't realize this link had been posted somewhere else!

Last edited by my miss storm cat : 09-09-2006 at 11:07 AM.
Old 09-11-2006, 10:26 AM
Santa Anita

Good win for Dylan... Spencer didnt exactly cover himself in glory on Ouija Board though.. Dylan for the Classic? hes good but I dont think he has much of a shot there.. Worst ride of the day belongs to Ryan Moore on Peeress.. Should have won the Matron easy peasy, instead went the scenic route and just didnt get there. for her connections, thats the second time in this race that that's happened. Chic last year!"

#Grand