Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Stakes Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-31-2010, 09:33 AM
Gulfstream Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgar311 View Post
Hey, Smooth Operator since your ran against nothing horse didnt win HOY last year I see you are on here trying to lock up your own award by the end of August. You've done it!!! Here is your trophy for DOUCHE BAG PHUCKING A$$ HOLE OF THE YEAR AWARD shine it up and put it on the mantle for all to see. While Rachel was running against the grain this year what was your take on all 30k claimers mare doing this year beside hiding out in Cali again? Nothing. Hopefully you will be run off the board after Zenyatta finally faces some competition on a real surface at CD in November and is soundly beaten. Only of course after she has taken down Peppers Pride for that elusive win streak title.
^^^^ Yet another unhinged RA fan
Old 08-31-2010, 09:41 AM
Sheepshead Bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Operator View Post
^^^^ Yet another unhinged RA fan
No dude your just a Phucking douche that needs to be punched in the face. Your on every thread here gloating about a horse losing a race and touting a mare that has done absolutly nothing in here career that calls for praise. Rachel gave us racing fans and the sport a year that will never be forgotten and in doing so cost herself her 4yr old campaign. Where was Zenyatta at 3 and 4?? besides scratching out against the best poly horse off all time??? and being tucked in at home every night. You're a disgusting human being and if I was Steve I would bar your ass for life. You add nothing to the board and know nothing about horse racing. I wish you nothing but the worst in life.
Old 08-31-2010, 09:49 AM
Flemington

Quote:
No dude your just a Phucking douche that needs to be punched in the face. Your on every thread here gloating about a horse losing a race and touting a mare that has done absolutly nothing in here career that calls for praise. Rachel gave us racing fans and the sport a year that will never be forgotten and in doing so cost herself her 4yr old campaign. Where was Zenyatta at 3 and 4?? besides scratching out against the best poly horse off all time??? and being tucked in at home every night. You're a disgusting human being and if I was Steve I would bar your ass for life. You add nothing to the board and know nothing about horse racing. I wish you nothing but the worst in life.
Are you ok? Calm down....
Please dont start following Dougs horrible opinion of Nashobas Key. Im assuming thats who you mean when you say the best poly horse of all time. She was an ok horse, but because one clown over hypes her does not mean you have to. If anything, without ANY DOUBT and even if its her only accolade ZENYATTA IS CLEARLY THE BEST POLY HORSE EVER. At 4 Zenyatta was winning the BC Ladies Classic with total ease, and Im fairly confident if entered she would have won the Classic. Again her connections are pitiful.
Old 08-31-2010, 09:51 AM
Sheepshead Bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockHardTen1985 View Post
Are you ok? Calm down....
Please dont start following Dougs horrible opinion of Nashobas Key. Im assuming thats who you mean when you say the best poly horse of all time. She was an ok horse, but because one clown over hypes her does not mean you have to. If anything, without ANY DOUBT and even if its her only accolade ZENYATTA IS CLEARLY THE BEST POLY HORSE EVER. At 4 Zenyatta was winning the BC Ladies Classic with total ease, and Im fairly confident if entered she would have won the Classic. Again her connections are pitiful.
Nashobas Key would of cleaned Zenyatta clock the day she scratched out FACT and was a better Poly horse than Zen FACT
Old 08-31-2010, 10:02 AM
Flemington

Quote:
Nashobas Key would of cleaned Zenyatta clock the day she scratched out FACT and was a better Poly horse than Zen FACT
Ok.
Old 08-31-2010, 11:34 AM
Randwyck

Quote:
how are those FACTS?
Old 08-31-2010, 11:44 AM
Arlington Park

Quote:
Yep, you've convinced me.
Old 08-31-2010, 12:17 PM
Gulfstream Park

Quote:
LOL … and this clown wants me banned from the board.

Too funny

HILARIOUS that you're knocking Z's campaigns when RA was the NO SHOW at both the BC and the AB…
Old 08-31-2010, 12:43 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Doreen View Post
Oh, for cripes sake, shut up - the lot of you. You make Jr. High class clowns look like Rhodes Scholars. Now we're into unwarranted insults, physical threats, and death wishes.
These FAST disciples are like that. They buy into their PARADIGMS and then when the system fails them, in other words, their horses run SLOW (or the lose to SLOW(ER) horses), they don't know how to deal with it. The only thing left is to go back to the only thing they have left: attacking the SLOW horse; you know, the one that's NEVER lost. Mike the Eunuch, over at PA, has made this his life's work. A DVD of all his posts will hit the market by the end of the year.
Old 08-31-2010, 02:47 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanSooner View Post
how are those FACTS?

He clearly is losing it. Telling people he wishes harm on them, he actually is acting like Doug and using Dougs arguments, maybe they are bfnbf
Old 08-31-2010, 04:28 PM
Del Mar

The one thing that nobody is bringing up is the track itself at Saratoga. There are plenty of horses that don't like that track. RA may not like that track. There may be a big difference between RA at Saratoga vs RA at Churchill or Belmont.

The same thing can be said for Life at Ten. She may not like Saratoga. She's never won there. She's 0 for 3 at Saratoga.
Old 08-31-2010, 05:07 PM
Sheepshead Bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupert Pupkin View Post
The one thing that nobody is bringing up is the track itself at Saratoga. There are plenty of horses that don't like that track. RA may not like that track. There may be a big difference between RA at Saratoga vs RA at Churchill or Belmont.

The same thing can be said for Life at Ten. She may not like Saratoga. She's never won there. She's 0 for 3 at Saratoga.
its also funny to me that the worst race by far in Rachels career beyer wise was equal to Zenyattas last "spine tingling" win
Old 08-31-2010, 05:15 PM
Del Mar

Quote:
its also funny to me that the worst race by far in Rachels career beyer wise was equal to Zenyattas last "spine tingling" win
The way that track (Saratoga) was playing (tiring) on Sunday, and the way that race set up, I think Zenyatta would have won that race by about 8-10 lengths. I'm not saying that makes her a better horse. I don't think Rachel likes Saratoga.
Old 08-31-2010, 05:30 PM
Super Mod.. and Super Fly

Quote:
The way that track (Saratoga) was playing (tiring) on Sunday, and the way that race set up, I think Zenyatta would have won that race by about 8-10 lengths. I'm not saying that makes her a better horse. I don't think Rachel likes Saratoga.
Huh? Speed was good on Sunday. And Rachel doesn't like Saratoga? What on earth gives you that idea? Her Woodward last year -- I know you people can't understand this -- was very good, and she was beaten by pace/distance on Sunday, not the surface.
Old 08-31-2010, 05:53 PM
Del Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ateamstupid View Post
Huh? Speed was good on Sunday. And Rachel doesn't like Saratoga? What on earth gives you that idea? Her Woodward last year -- I know you people can't understand this -- was very good, and she was beaten by pace/distance on Sunday, not the surface.
Every time I have watched one of those 1 1/8 or 1 1/4 mile races at Saratoga, the track looks very tiring. It almost reminds me of Del Mar in the sense that it doesn't seem to matter how slow they go, the come-from-behinders still seem to have the edge. Blind Luck came from well out of it, even though the pace was slow. Blame was able to run Quality Road down, even though the pace was just moderate. It's the same way at Del Mar. They can go :49 or slower and a horse like Richard's Kid can still win coming from way out of it.

With regard to RA's race at Saratoga last year, I thought she ran ok but I didn't think it was anywhere near one of her best performances. I know that she was taking on older males that day and I know that she set a pretty fast pace. Despite that, I would have still expected her to win a little easier if she would have run anything close to her best. Do I know for sure that it was because of the surface? No, I don't know that for sure. I'm simply saying that could be one possibility.
Old 08-31-2010, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Every time I have watched one of those 1 1/8 or 1 1/4 mile races at Saratoga, the track looks very tiring. It almost reminds me of Del Mar in the sense that it doesn't seem to matter how slow they go, the come-from-behinders still seem to have the edge. Blind Luck came from well out of it, even though the pace was slow. Blame was able to run Quality Road down, even though the pace was just moderate. It's the same way at Del Mar. They can go :49 or slower and a horse like Richard's Kid can still win coming from way out of it.

With regard to RA's race at Saratoga last year, I thought she ran ok but I didn't think it was anywhere near one of her best performances. I know that she was taking on older males that day and I know that she set a pretty fast pace. Despite that, I would have still expected her to win a little easier if she would have run anything close to her best. Do I know for sure that it was because of the surface? No, I don't know that for sure. I'm simply saying that could be one possibility.
You named two horses that have proven they can overcome slow paces in the past at other tracks as well. That's hardly enough of a sample to compare Saratoga to a synthetic track. What about Glenwood Canyon running way better than he had any right to against Convocation on the lead? What about A Little Warm and Miner's Reserve going 1-2 around the track in the Jim Dandy? What about Winslow Homer wiring the field to win by a pole in the Curlin? What about Trickmeister doing the same in the Pleasant Colony? If anything, two-turn races at Saratoga this meet have been more kind to speed than closers. And this weekend's track was indisputably speed-favoring.

And as for the Woodward, horses just don't go :22 and :46 and 'win easy' at Saratoga. It doesn't happen. That she won at all is unbelievable and certainly doesn't support any antipathy for the surface.
Old 08-31-2010, 06:20 PM
Del Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ateamstupid View Post
You named two horses that have proven they can overcome slow paces in the past at other tracks as well. That's hardly enough of a sample to compare Saratoga to a synthetic track. What about Glenwood Canyon running way better than he had any right to against Convocation on the lead? What about A Little Warm and Miner's Reserve going 1-2 around the track in the Jim Dandy? What about Winslow Homer wiring the field to win by a pole in the Curlin? What about Trickmeister doing the same in the Pleasant Colony? If anything, two-turn races at Saratoga this meet have been more kind to speed than closers. And this weekend's track was indisputably speed-favoring.

And as for the Woodward, horses just don't go :22 and :46 and 'win easy' at Saratoga. It doesn't happen. That she won at all is unbelievable and certainly doesn't support any antipathy for the surface.
You obviously saw the Ky Oaks last year. Did it look like RA was getting tired after 1 1/8 miles? They could have run 1 1/4 miles that day and she would have won by an even bigger margin. And it's not like they went slower that day. They went :47 2/5 in the Oaks and she was sitting a length off the lead. RA may not be able to get 1 1/4 miles at Saratoga, but that distance has not looked like a problem for her at other tracks.
Old 08-31-2010, 06:30 PM

Quote:
You obviously saw the Ky Oaks last year. Did it look like RA was getting tired after 1 1/8 miles? They could have run 1 1/4 miles that day and she would have won by an even bigger margin. And it's not like they went slower that day. They went :47 2/5 in the Oaks and she was sitting a length off the lead. RA may not be able to get 1 1/4 miles at Saratoga, but that distance has not looked like a problem for her at other tracks.
Quality Road looked like he could've run 2 miles in the Donn, does that mean he can do it? Or does he hate Saratoga too? Rachel beat a field of crows in the Oaks while being able to relax early. She didn't run her eyeballs out against her primary opponent early and then hit a wall exactly at the 1/8 pole. As I said before, whether it's because of stamina or her keenness early, she'll never get 10 furlongs in a race like the Classic. Trust me, if she hated Saratoga in the Woodward, she would've packed it in at the top of the stretch. She had every right to.
Old 08-31-2010, 06:37 PM
Oaklawn

I was out of the country for the last 2 week and I guess I missed the RA excitement.

Has RA won a race this year?

Hell of a 3yo and JUST a real good older race mare.

She wont make it to the Breeders Cup, she doesnt want to race anymore.

Put a fork in it and retire. Keep racing her and we will forget her altogether.
Old 08-31-2010, 06:38 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Hot4TV View Post
I was out of the country for the last 2 week and I guess I missed the RA excitement.

Has RA won a race this year?

Hell of a 3yo and JUST a real good older race mare.

She wont make it to the Breeders Cup, she doesnt want to race anymore.

Put a fork in it and retire. Keep racing her and we will forget her altogether.