Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > The Paddock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-07-2022, 09:00 AM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alabama Stakes View Post
Ever wonder why so many fans dislike you , Andy ?
Ever wonder why WWE has so many fans? He does things for those struggling on the back stretch that you and I never hear about. No attention seeking self promoting tweets. Old school. If you can't respect that then it is you need to think about things. You have it in you.
Old 05-07-2022, 09:03 AM
Belmont Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by v j stauffer View Post
Freddy, the very concept of becoming generational means it takes a while to achieve.

All I've ever said is I "think" she has a chance to develop into that.

Jerry compared her to EIGHT BELLES "before" yesterdays race. In fact he did it even before the Arkansas Derby.

I said what I said after an allowance race at Oaklawn.

Last time I made that kind of prediction it was about a horse named ZENYATTA in her 2nd career start.

SECRET OATH'S win yesterday was certainly impressive. Is she "generational" yet. No of course not.

Can she become that? I think so, but I respect what others on here have to say and would like to hear your opinions as well.
I think she is fine and used her defensively, I thoroughly enjoyed watching her win, I think any of the top 4 fillies could go on to be extremely good. I wouldn't wager she will ever run a 105+ figure. I actually hope I am wrong but I really do not think she is anything but a good G1 type. I can think of a dozen fillies at this stage in their career that I knew were faster and more talented than she is.
Old 05-07-2022, 09:13 AM
Havre de Grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by jms62 View Post
Ever wonder why WWE has so many fans? He does things for those struggling on the back stretch that you and I never hear about. No attention seeking self promoting tweets. Old school. If you can't respect that then it is you need to think about things. You have it in you.
What does this have to do with my question ? And I was blocked ( along with countless others who dared disagree with him ) years ago so I don’t read his tweets. There are plenty of tweets about him by others to read though.

It’s derby day, let’s bet some hosses and stop with this bullshit
Old 05-07-2022, 09:14 AM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Freddy, the very concept of becoming generational means it takes a while to achieve.

Not quite...

Quote:
IMO she's a generational talent.
Quote:
Jerry compared her to EIGHT BELLES "before" yesterdays race. In fact he did it even before the Arkansas Derby.
Me too; does that mean my anonymous opinion count? Or do I need to get a hot walking job first?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RolloTomasi View Post
Not for nothing, Eight Belles did the same to one degree or another in the Martha Washington, Honey Bee, and Fantasy. Could have been DQ'd in the latter. Similar physique and stride. Same sire line, too (Unbridled's Song).
Quote:
Last time I made that kind of prediction it was about a horse named ZENYATTA in her 2nd career start.
I guess that makes you smarter than David Flores at least...
Old 05-07-2022, 09:21 AM
Keeneland

Quote:
All the reasons why I respect his handicapping ability. Way back in the day I reached out to Andy and asked for his help with a TVG shift I was doing that involved harness racing. He COULD NOT POSSIBLY have been more GRACIOUS and HELPFUL.

To this day we have NEVER met or spoken face to face.

But OTHER people have told him I'm a bad guy. So it must be true.

It's not.

I refuse to go there about him. I'm a man and will draw my own conclusions.

My admiration for his work ethic, love of our sport and willingness to help teach horse players will always supersede the nonsense he spews about me.

He knows NOTHING about me.

You HOSS don't exist. You're words on a page that has never done anything in this industry and never will.

You're a desperately ANGRY guy that ONLY finds solace from the demons when rejoicing in other people's human frailties and failures.

The fact that you can even think you're part of any discussion about anything between ANDY SERLING and VIC STAUFFER is a testament of just how delusional you truly are.

You're a sad bug that people wipe off their windshields.

ANDY is an accomplished respected member of our industry who has put his heart and soul into making it better.

I've dedicated the last 40 years of my life trying to do the same.

So fire away with your baseless, unfounded BS and threats.

You've never mattered before and you damn sure don't now.

Don't worry. Something terrible will happen to someone today.

There's your root. Good luck.

Dead heat between CYBERKNIFE and SMILE HAPPY.

Would LOVE to know what Andy thinks.

You?
SHARP POST
Old 05-07-2022, 09:22 AM
Keeneland

Quote:

I said what I said after an allowance race at Oaklawn.

SECRET OATH'S win yesterday was certainly impressive. Is she "generational" yet. No of course not.

Can she become that? I think so, but I respect what others on here have to say and would like to hear your opinions as well.
ME ME ME ME ME
Old 05-07-2022, 09:27 AM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alabama Stakes View Post
What does this have to do with my question ? And I was blocked ( along with countless others who dared disagree with him ) years ago so I don’t read his tweets. There are plenty of tweets about him by others to read though.

It’s derby day, let’s bet some hosses and stop with this bullshit
When you swim in a cesspool don't be surprised when you inhale a Turd. Horse Racing Twitter is full of VILE people.
Old 05-07-2022, 09:33 AM
Atlantic City Race Course

I wonder what this could be like if we talked more about racing instead of this sad stuff that hijacks every thread?
Manila, Java Gold, Alysheba, Sunday Silence, Go for Wand, In Excess, Paseana, Kotashaan, Holy Bull, Cigar, Alphabet Soup, Formal Gold, Skip Away, Artax, Tiznow, Point Given, Azeri, Candy Ride, Smarty Jones, Ghostzapper, Invasor, Curlin, Zenyatta, Zenyatta, Goldikova, Havre de Grace, Wise Dan, Wise Dan, California Chrome, American Pharoah, Arrogate, Gun Runner, Accelerate, Maximum Security, Gamine
Old 05-07-2022, 09:45 AM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Glorious View Post
I wonder what this could be like if we talked more about racing instead of this sad stuff that hijacks every thread?
Pot meet kettle
Old 05-07-2022, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss View Post
Pot meet kettle
You’re really going to sit there and say that I turn these posts into personal attacks on other posters? Really? I talk about horses and give my opinions of them and other racing related items. Some of it may be stuff that you don’t agree with but I don’t think there is a person on here that would agree with you that I delve into personal attacks on people. You know that.
Manila, Java Gold, Alysheba, Sunday Silence, Go for Wand, In Excess, Paseana, Kotashaan, Holy Bull, Cigar, Alphabet Soup, Formal Gold, Skip Away, Artax, Tiznow, Point Given, Azeri, Candy Ride, Smarty Jones, Ghostzapper, Invasor, Curlin, Zenyatta, Zenyatta, Goldikova, Havre de Grace, Wise Dan, Wise Dan, California Chrome, American Pharoah, Arrogate, Gun Runner, Accelerate, Maximum Security, Gamine
Old 05-07-2022, 10:27 AM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Glorious View Post
You’re really going to sit there and say that I turn these posts into personal attacks on other posters? Really? I talk about horses and give my opinions of them and other racing related items. Some of it may be stuff that you don’t agree with but I don’t think there is a person on here that would agree with you that I delve into personal attacks on people. You know that.
Are personal attacks the only way to hijack a thread?

What about pouty kindergartener reactions to racing-related posts?
Old 05-07-2022, 11:12 AM
Keeneland

Quote:

This
Old 05-07-2022, 11:46 AM

Quote:

Is that what you think I do to your posts?
Old 05-07-2022, 12:33 PM
v j stauffer

Quote:
Not quite...

David was sick about taking off her. He knew she was good. But had a chance to ride a Derby horse for Craig Dollace named El Gato Malo.

I would have done the same thing.

Never know.

Me too; does that mean my anonymous opinion count? Or do I need to get a hot walking job first?

I guess that makes you smarter than David Flores at least...
David was sick about taking off her. He knew she was good. But had a chance to ride a Derby horse for Craig Dollace named El Gato Malo.

I would have done the same thing.

Never know.
Old 05-07-2022, 12:48 PM
v j stauffer

You guys have my word of honor.

I won't let the trolls get to me anymore.

I'll participate in talking about our great sport.

Or I'll abstain.

I'm guilty of the dysfunction too.

Sorry.
Old 05-07-2022, 12:51 PM
Jerome Park

Quote:
You guys have my word of honor.

I won't let the trolls get to me anymore.

I'll participate in talking about our great sport.

Or I'll abstain.

I'm guilty of the dysfunction too.

Sorry.
You're like a Used Car Salesman. Nobody here is buying it.

We know a troll when we see one.
Old 05-07-2022, 12:52 PM
v j stauffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackthroatedwind View Post
You're like a Used Car Salesman. Nobody here is buying it.

We know a troll when we see one.
So what do you think about running the filly in the Preakness?

Last edited by v j stauffer : 05-07-2022 at 11:24 PM.
Old 05-07-2022, 01:33 PM
Belmont Park

Quote:
So what do you think about running the filly in the Prerakness?
She ran a 94 BSF and now head to a spot she will need to run 5pts faster to be in the mix? You realize they have some nice filly races like the Phipps Alabama Coaching Club etc. ?
Old 05-07-2022, 01:46 PM
v j stauffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddymo View Post
She ran a 94 BSF and now head to a spot she will need to run 5pts faster to be in the mix? You realize they have some nice filly races like the Phipps Alabama Coaching Club etc. ?
The question was meant to ask what do you think of the decision SHOULD they decide to run in the Preakness.

If she was my filly there's less than ZERO chance I'd run her back in two weeks against boys.

Her win yesterday was on 5 weeks rest which of course is the exact same amount of time until Belmont day.

What"s the big 3yo filly race that weekend at NYRA?
Old 05-07-2022, 02:11 PM

Quote:
So what do you think about running the filly in the Prerakness?
I wouldn’t run her in the Preakness and definitely not in the Belmont. But not because she’s a filly. I wouldn’t run a colt in either of those races either unless I had won or skipped the Derby. As for later in the year, I’d absolutely be open to trying a race like the Haskell or Travers or Penn Derby. I don’t think there’s anything to lose. If she wins or runs well, it doesn’t hurt her reputation and she can always return to her own division. Pretty much like the Arkansas Derby.