Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > The Paddock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-16-2017, 10:26 AM
Gulfstream Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackthroatedwind View Post
Winning 19 in a row, now 20, is really cool. Rapid Redux did it. Was he also "obviously one of the greatest ever to put a bridal on?"

Perspective is never a bad thing.
She has won two Cox Plates, one of which (last year) she won by a record winning margin. That warrants her to be compared to a nickel claimer? I'm not saying she's immortal, but who do you suggest could beat her at the moment?
Old 09-16-2017, 10:26 AM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian Charlie View Post
So, let me get this straight. You are advocating he kills himself because he questions the validity of using winning streaks to determine greatness? Or is it because he thinks Zenyatta and Songbird are overrated? Either way, it's looks like I'm destined to join him on that short pier.
"Take a long walk off a short pier" has been around for longer than you have. In no way shape or form is it what you are trying to blow it up to be.
Old 09-16-2017, 10:28 AM
Havre de Grace

Not kill himself , just get wet and wake up. I see Reading comprehension is still not your strong suit
Old 09-16-2017, 10:38 AM
Havre de Grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitan View Post
She has won two Cox Plates, one of which (last year) she won by a record winning margin. That warrants her to be compared to a nickel claimer? I'm not saying she's immortal, but who do you suggest could beat her at the moment?
Didn't highland reel go on to win The Breeders' Cup turf last year , after she whipped his ass when he took her on ?
Old 09-16-2017, 10:40 AM
Goodwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by jms62 View Post
"Take a long walk off a short pier" has been around for longer than you have. In no way shape or form is it what you are trying to blow it up to be.
I am unfamiliar with that qoute, and I'm not blowing it up to mean anything. To me it sounds like having someone walk the plank, a form of execution. It is, in fact, you blowing things up, as I did ASK for clarification.
Old 09-16-2017, 10:46 AM
Goodwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alabama Stakes View Post
Not kill himself , just get wet and wake up. I see Reading comprehension is still not your strong suit
That's funny. I was going to ask you about your complete lack of reading comprehension. After all, you took his post about using long winning streaks to determine greatness as an attack on Winx and somewhere that translated into him hating winners. I, on the other hand, was unfamiliar with your phrase, which in no way is a reflection on my ability to comprehend what I read.
Old 09-16-2017, 11:05 AM
Randwyck

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackthroatedwind View Post
Winning 19 in a row, now 20, is really cool. Rapid Redux did it. Was he also "obviously one of the greatest ever to put a bridal on?"

Perspective is never a bad thing.
Yes perspective is not a bad thing and as you like to say who has she beaten?
She has taken on all comers at various distances and trounced them all over a number of years. I didn't say she was the greatest of all times(everyone has their own perspective) but surely ranks up there.
She is so feared that Godolphin have announce that they have decided to actively seek a path to avoid her with their $4 million earner Hartnell. Hartnell is a dual Group 1 winner, his latest turf triumph producing the three and a quarter-length win over subsequent Caulfield Cup champion Jameka in the Group 1 Turnbull Stakes (2000m) at Flemington last October.

He backed-up from that to finish runner-up behind Winx in the $3 million Cox Plate (2040m), the mighty mare taking out Australasia’s weight-for-age championship by a historical eight length winning margin.

Hartnell also took on Winx in the 2015 Cox Plate finishing fifth.
After his Cox Plate second last spring, the gelding ran an eye-catching third to round out the 2016 Melbourne Cup trifecta behind Almandin (1st) and Heartbreak City (2nd).
This is the stables plan" I think if we can steer him towards races where he’s not chasing home a ghost then he’ll be in with a chance.”
Old 09-16-2017, 11:13 AM
Randwyck

For those who have never heard of her I found this article today with videos of some of her wins. Two things to note she is trouncing males and she is not running up her record beating 5 horse fields like we see over here often.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-09-1...stakes/8952470
Old 09-16-2017, 11:23 AM
Gulfstream Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADJMK View Post
Yes perspective is not a bad thing and as you like to say who has she beaten?
She has taken on all comers at various distances and trounced them all over a number of years. I didn't say she was the greatest of all times(everyone has their own perspective) but surely ranks up there.
She is so feared that Godolphin have announce that they have decided to actively seek a path to avoid her with their $4 million earner Hartnell. Hartnell is a dual Group 1 winner, his latest turf triumph producing the three and a quarter-length win over subsequent Caulfield Cup champion Jameka in the Group 1 Turnbull Stakes (2000m) at Flemington last October.

He backed-up from that to finish runner-up behind Winx in the $3 million Cox Plate (2040m), the mighty mare taking out Australasia’s weight-for-age championship by a historical eight length winning margin.

Hartnell also took on Winx in the 2015 Cox Plate finishing fifth.
After his Cox Plate second last spring, the gelding ran an eye-catching third to round out the 2016 Melbourne Cup trifecta behind Almandin (1st) and Heartbreak City (2nd).
This is the stables plan" I think if we can steer him towards races where he’s not chasing home a ghost then he’ll be in with a chance.”
If these horses were any good they would be running in North America or Europe it's the same as when people were making light of Silent Witness' acheivements, beating the same "rats" over and over again in Hong Kong. One of those "rats" ended up ducking him and went to Australia and took out a G1 and later went Down Under for another G1.
Old 09-16-2017, 11:31 AM
Randwyck

Quote:
Didn't highland reel go on to win The Breeders' Cup turf last year , after she whipped his ass when he took her on ?
Highland Reel finished 3rd to Winx in the 2015 Cox Plate which is run in the fall. Rather than try her again last year they came to the Breeders Cup to find an easier group.
Old 09-16-2017, 11:43 AM
Randwyck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitan View Post
If these horses were any good they would be running in North America or Europe it's the same as when people were making light of Silent Witness' acheivements, beating the same "rats" over and over again in Hong Kong. One of those "rats" ended up ducking him and went to Australia and took out a G1 and later went Down Under for another G1.
Unfortunate that the big races over there are run in the fall for $millions so what is the incentive to ship over here ? The bright side is that some of the Euros debating on whether to give those races a try see her lying in the weeds and book a plane to NA to enhance the Breeders Cup Turf.
Old 09-16-2017, 12:21 PM
Jerome Park

I appreciate Indian Charlie actually reading what I wrote.

People love to misconstrue and overreact....especially on the internet.
Old 09-16-2017, 12:37 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

Quote:
Try watching her run. I guess 20 in a row w/13 grade I wins isn't enough. You hate winners. Most losers hate winners. You root against great hosses. Losers root against the greats. Another new low for you. And you're wrong again, just like with Sunday Silence and Easy Goer, just like Zenyatta, just like Songbird.

Do us all a favor and talk a long walk off a short pier.
And I get attacked around here? You are as clueless as it gets. The tough guy **** is 2 old.
Old 09-16-2017, 12:55 PM
Havre de Grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHT2004 View Post
And I get attacked around here? You are as clueless as it gets. The tough guy **** is 2 old.
Another one with reading comprehension problems. He came into the thread to bash Winx for no reason, other than to show his dislike for a winner. He was glad the Cleveland Indians lost last night too. Are you gonna bet a big $200 pick 5 today with your Defiant Honor as your key with an all or 2 thrown in ?
Old 09-16-2017, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Another one with reading comprehension problems. He came into the thread to bash Winx for no reason, other than to show his dislike for a winner. He was glad the Cleveland Indians lost last night too. Are you gonna bet a big $200 pick 5 today with your Defiant Honor as your key with an all or 2 thrown in ?
He never once bashed her. You are such a pathetic ****.
Where is any pre race opinions from you and others around here?
Old 09-16-2017, 01:30 PM
Havre de Grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHT2004 View Post
He never once bashed her. You are such a pathetic ****.
Where is any pre race opinions from you and others around here?
He talked of perspective. How many mares have won 20 in a row ? Won 13 grade 1 ? Beaten males on turf by many doing so ? The perspective is that the world is right as only a dunce can't see her greatness. If she's not great, how come no one else can do what she does every time. The Rapid Redux comparison is foolish to say the least. Take it on the arches rock head
Old 09-16-2017, 01:44 PM
Goodwood

Quote:
He talked of perspective. How many mares have won 20 in a row ? Won 13 grade 1 ? Beaten males on turf by many doing so ? The perspective is that the world is right as only a dunce can't see her greatness. If she's not great, how come no one else can do what she does every time. The Rapid Redux comparison is foolish to say the least. Take it on the arches rock head
Your reading comprehension isn't bad, it's non existent.
Old 09-16-2017, 02:33 PM

Quote:
I'm still waiting on you're stakes opinions for today since you brought up Defiant Honor.
Old 09-16-2017, 02:53 PM
Havre de Grace

Default Upcoming Stakes opinion

Saul Alvarez will knock GGG out tonight. Bet accordingly. He is way better than anyone GGG has fought, whereas he's fought better fighters than GGG. It's like when The real Deal fought Tyson. Alvarez took shots from James Kirkland that would have put mortals on their back, and preceded to beat him silly. Expect the same tonight.
Old 09-16-2017, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Saul Alvarez will knock GGG out tonight. Bet accordingly. He is way better than anyone GGG has fought, whereas he's fought better fighters than GGG. It's like when The real Deal fought Tyson. Alvarez took shots from James Kirkland that would have put mortals on their back, and preceded to beat him silly. Expect the same tonight.
I'll take GGG loser won't post for 6 months. Yes or no?