Quote:
Originally Posted by Alabama Stakes View Post
I was referring to forever unbridled ya dope ya
Yeah, that was stupid of me.
Old 08-29-2017, 05:00 PM
Randwyck

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10 pnt move up View Post
WTF has happened to Cloud Computing and Always Dreaming. How fluke were those Derby and Preakness wins?
I was at Lookin at Lee fan. I thought he was improving coming off a nice one in the Arkansas Derby and the Kentucky Derby. Then.....blah.
Old 08-29-2017, 08:28 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
WTF has happened to Cloud Computing and Always Dreaming. How fluke were those Derby and Preakness wins?
Put an X through the Preakness, and where is CC's legit race? He's a fluke.
Old 08-29-2017, 08:34 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

[quote=cakes44;1098808]Put an X through the Preakness, and where is CC's legit race? He's a fluke.[/QUOT

This shows a real lack of knowledge. He has definitely run 2 clunkers, but his first 4 races were all very good.
Old 08-29-2017, 09:16 PM
The Curragh

[quote=RHT2004;1098809]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakes44 View Post
Put an X through the Preakness, and where is CC's legit race? He's a fluke.[/QUOT

This shows a real lack of knowledge. He has definitely run 2 clunkers, but his first 4 races were all very good.
Sounds good monopoly $$ man...please give me all the positive from his perfect trip Gotham where he got absolutely dusted by J Boys Echo, who just plain sucks. No phone a friend to the Batman-to-your-Robin Serling either stud.
Old 08-29-2017, 09:19 PM
The Curragh

Glad you had him in the Preakness(can't remember who else picked him...my memory is getting bad...), but the horse isn't good.
Old 08-29-2017, 10:57 PM

[quote=cakes44;1098811]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RHT2004 View Post

Sounds good monopoly $$ man...please give me all the positive from his perfect trip Gotham where he got absolutely dusted by J Boys Echo, who just plain sucks. No phone a friend to the Batman-to-your-Robin Serling either stud.
I guess the Preakness where he was right on top of the pace and ran down the 2yr old champ was bad. Clueless......
And he was way against the track in the Aqu race.
Old 08-29-2017, 11:11 PM
Jerome Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by cakes44 View Post

This is very stupid.

I would also bet a significant amount of money that RHT bets more than you a year.
Old 08-29-2017, 11:21 PM
Oriental Park

The horse I will probably be most against from last weekend is Practical Joke.

He had a dream setup, rail trip, and he wins nicely in a slowish time. Now I dont know when he faces better horses but whenever it is I imagine he creates value.
Old 08-29-2017, 11:22 PM

Quote:

He had a dream setup, rail trip, and he wins nicely in a slowish time. Now I dont know when he faces better horses but whenever it is I imagine he creates value.
I was against him and was wrong, amazing ride from Rosario.
Old 08-30-2017, 12:56 AM
Oriental Park

Quote:

It'll be interesting to see if he stays around one turn/8f or less. Now that Cloud Computing has been drubbed in consecutive races and is likely on the shelf for the time being (if not permanently), the temptation is probably there to go back to two turns, at least for something like the Pennsylvania Derby.

However, as it seems that most horses this year will be foregoing a BC "prep" (Collected, Arrogate, Stellar Wind, Forever Unbridled, etc.), Practical Joke might not show back up until the BC Dirt Mile anyways.
Old 08-30-2017, 07:26 AM
Belmont Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by RolloTomasi View Post
It'll be interesting to see if he stays around one turn/8f or less. Now that Cloud Computing has been drubbed in consecutive races and is likely on the shelf for the time being (if not permanently), the temptation is probably there to go back to two turns, at least for something like the Pennsylvania Derby.

However, as it seems that most horses this year will be foregoing a BC "prep" (Collected, Arrogate, Stellar Wind, Forever Unbridled, etc.), Practical Joke might not show back up until the BC Dirt Mile anyways.
The Breeders Cup, the greatest killer of racing ever created. I really love the days they are awesome, anyone who thinks it hasnt destroyed 60+ days of what was great racing really doesnt get it.
Old 08-30-2017, 10:51 AM

Quote:

Cigar Mile is probably the long range goal.
Old 08-30-2017, 12:41 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Cigar Mile is probably the long range goal.
I dont know, there are people propping up his 3yo division chances and I am not sure that race does it.
Old 08-30-2017, 08:40 PM

Quote:

I wouldn't blame them for taking a shot in the PA Derby especially if West Coast goes JCGC.
Old 08-30-2017, 08:58 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:
I wouldn't blame them for taking a shot in the PA Derby especially if West Coast goes JCGC.
Nor would I, but it sounds like neither horse will run before the Breeder's Cup.

With a $1 million purse, this race should draw Irap, Battle of Midway, Practical Joke, Good Samaritan, Gunnevera, Girvin, Gormley, Klimt, Irish War Cry, Colonelsdarktemper, Outplay, Lookin At Lee, Patch, Timeline, Bonus Points, Twisted Tom, and whoever wins the Smarty Jones prep race.

We'll be lucky to see half of those--or unlucky, depending on your opinion of the 3yo crop.
Old 08-30-2017, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Nor would I, but it sounds like neither horse will run before the Breeder's Cup.

With a $1 million purse, this race should draw Irap, Battle of Midway, Practical Joke, Good Samaritan, Gunnevera, Girvin, Gormley, Klimt, Irish War Cry, Colonelsdarktemper, Outplay, Lookin At Lee, Patch, Timeline, Bonus Points, Twisted Tom, and whoever wins the Smarty Jones prep race.

We'll be lucky to see half of those--or unlucky, depending on your opinion of the 3yo crop.
At this point, post Travers it's West Coast and everyone else. And that has nothing to do with my Baffert love. He crushed everyone in the Travers in a fast race. I read an article on drf and it mentions JCGC for him. I think thats the right move. He would be around 2-1 and a win, wins him 3yr old eclipse. Thats unless a 3yr old shocks in the Classic. As for the ones you mentioned I still have some confidence in Battle of Midway off his last and Good Samaritan, i think he was given way to much to do and still passed a bunch of horses.Outplay I have no clue he could be OK and he could never win another race and neither would surprise me.
Old 08-30-2017, 09:44 PM
Oriental Park

I think its interesting where West Coast goes from here. I would not be surprised if he runs in the JCGC where he will face the likes of Keen Ice and Neolithic, if he runs first he is done and likely 3yo champion. If he runs second then maybe he goes in the Clark.

I dont see him in the BC Classic. He is not as good as Bafferts big hitters, at least not yet.