Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-23-2008, 10:43 AM
Oaklawn

Curlin
Old 10-23-2008, 10:45 AM
Arlington Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by ateamstupid
Dynaforce had the trip of a lifetime in the Flower Bowl. Once she was able to lay down :52 and 1:19, all she had to do to win was not trip over herself. I thought she got beat on the square in all three races before that, and I don't think the pace will be as slow as you say. She's a nice enough filly, but to say she's "way more likely" than Halfway to Heaven makes no sense.
This is one of the most interesting races on the card, In my opinion I don't think there is a lot difference in quality between Forever Together, Mauralakana, and Dynaforce. They've traded decisions and trip is what usually what separates them.

I don't disagree about the soft pace Dynaforce inherited in the F Bowl but she did accelerate away from Mauralakana I believe a good 3 furlongs out once they started to sprint for the line and extended that cushion. Now maybe Mauralakana does not like a softer turf course but I have a contrarian view on the soft trip angle. The way I see this race shape up is Folk Opera on the lead with Halfway, Dynaforce and Wait A While pressing. I think Folk Opera needs the lead whereas the other 3 are pressers. Whoever can kick home the best most likely will be the winner, I wouldn't want to be the chaser lying 2nd. But the 1st or 3rd and 4th horse ready to pounce most likely. I'm only dissapointed P. kitten is not in it to add more speed to the mix. This is a race where I think the NA's stack up very well against the Euro's. Halfway to Heaven while good is not in the league of the top females in Europe and I wouldn't be surprised if she doesn't take a beating at the windows.

Last edited by CSC : 10-23-2008 at 10:59 AM.
Old 10-23-2008, 10:51 AM
Arlington Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrfan
Your right, but i cant see how anyone could toss her in this spot, i feel she is as good as Halfway to Heaven....
Stop jinxing her. You've named just about half the field.
Old 10-23-2008, 11:04 AM
Churchill Downs

Zenyatta
Old 10-23-2008, 11:11 AM
Coach Pants

Pyro
Old 10-23-2008, 11:15 AM
Arlington Park

By the way just to clarify I am not saying Dynaforce is a lead pipe cinch or anything close to that, just that I wouldn't be comfortable leaving her off any pick3-4 tickets. I would be very happy if either one of Mauralakana or Dynaforce are 7/1 at post time. My first preference would be the former at those odds.
Old 10-23-2008, 11:24 AM
Goodwood

I don't like Dynaforce at ALL. To me, there is nothing more dangerous than reasonably quality lone speed in a turf marathon/distance race, which she was in the Flower Bowl- and won't be here. Need proof? See stakes in the last month or so:

The Saranac
The KY Cup Turf
The Flower Bowl
The Glens Falls

How did said frontrunners do in their next start?? Not so good. 5th, 8th, [yet to run], 3rd (i think)
Old 10-23-2008, 11:30 AM
Arlington Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by philcski
I don't like Dynaforce at ALL. To me, there is nothing more dangerous than reasonably quality lone speed in a turf marathon/distance race, which she was in the Flower Bowl- and won't be here. Need proof? See stakes in the last month or so:

The Saranac
The KY Cup Turf
The Flower Bowl
The Glens Falls

How did said frontrunners do in their next start?? Not so good. 5th, 8th, [yet to run], 3rd (i think)
I think you have to use her, just incase for whatever reason Folk Opera who is stuck outside doesn't make the lead, on paper she should but as we know Jocks have minds of their own. Not that she needs the lead but Dynaforce may find herself on it and that makes her dangerous at the right odds.
Old 10-23-2008, 11:33 AM
Goodwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaHoss9698
I completely understand what you are saying. But aren't Dynaforce's races prior to that competitive?
Yes and no. Draw a line through the Glens Falls, no prob, 3 turns, small field with the lone speed as mentioned, but besides that she got ran down while clear in the Diana and got beat by Mauralakana facing a similar situation in the New York. Of course she can hit the board, it's the BC and unless it's Rick's Natural Star it's impossible to truly toss anyone with confidence but I think there's 5-6 in here I'd use over her and at 6-1 that's not a gamble I like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSC
I think you have to use her, just incase for whatever reason Folk Opera who is stuck outside doesn't make the lead, on paper she should but as we know Jocks have minds of their own. Not that she needs the lead but Dynaforce may find herself on it and that makes her dangerous at the right odds.
If Folk Opera doesn't go, Halfway to Heaven does coming out of a mile race she led througout in on the straight.
Old 10-23-2008, 11:49 AM
Goodwood

HRfan saying something dumb.
Old 10-23-2008, 12:50 PM
Formerly 'moodwalker'

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalakhani
Death or taxes lead pipe locks. Pick one horse over the two days if your life depended on it.

I will ride Goldikova.
I really don't think this one is close to a lock. She'll be up against it with the surface and the caliber of competition. This field is no joke and her last win over Henrythenavigator was in a bog.

The pace and firm surface might not be to this one's liking.
Old 10-23-2008, 01:09 PM
Hollywood Park

C.S. Silk
Old 10-23-2008, 01:12 PM
Belmont Park

Peppers Pride
Old 10-23-2008, 01:22 PM
Del Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scurlogue Champ
I really don't think this one is close to a lock. She'll be up against it with the surface and the caliber of competition. This field is no joke and her last win over Henrythenavigator was in a bog.

The pace and firm surface might not be to this one's liking.
Thanks Scurlogue. Who is your lead pipe lock?
Old 10-23-2008, 01:27 PM
Goodwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuffolkGirl
C.S. Silk
I like her and Dream Empress, at least from a value angle, in that race.
Old 10-23-2008, 01:39 PM
Hollywood Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian Charlie
I like her and Dream Empress, at least from a value angle, in that race.
hopefully I will still like her after the race when there is more money in my account

Happy betting all
Old 10-23-2008, 02:14 PM
The Curragh

I still like Forever Together but I'm also maybe the only person on Earth who thinks the pace won't be that slow.
Old 10-23-2008, 02:44 PM
Goodwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaHoss9698
I hear ya. I thought she moved a bit early in the Diana, but I can see what you are saying. I just think if you like Mauralakana or Forever Together, isn't it kind of tough to separate the 3? Granted, Mauralkana's body of work is more impressive than Dynaforce, but they were separated by a neck when they faced each other. And Forever Together beat her 3/4's. Are you at all concerned with Forever Together's run not being as effective at 10 furlongs? I think she would have been better off in the mile.
A little, but then again 10F @ SA isn't 10F at Belmont/Saratoga- partially because of starting on the downhill and partially because of the pool table cut of the grass. Plus, her best race was arguably the Diana at 9F, which I absolutely loved.

Then again, Wait a While could run her best race and crush all three of them, making our for/against arguments moot. Or, we could get mushed by the guy that throws in horses because they get hyped on here!
Old 10-23-2008, 02:55 PM
Randwyck

Quote:
Originally Posted by letswastemoney
Zenyatta has only faced 1 or 2 good horses a race in each of her wins. She's never faced 4 or 5 good horses at the same time. It will be a test for sure....
....and who has....she runs here best and its a public workout AGAIN.
Old 10-23-2008, 03:08 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

Zenyatta is the only one I see as a lock. Horses that I'd toss that may go off at under 5/1:

Intangaroo, Ginger Punch, Albertus Maximus, Munnings, Cost of Freedom
Manila, Java Gold, Alysheba, Sunday Silence, Go for Wand, In Excess, Paseana, Kotashaan, Holy Bull, Cigar, Alphabet Soup, Formal Gold, Skip Away, Artax, Tiznow, Point Given, Azeri, Candy Ride, Smarty Jones, Ghostzapper, Invasor, Curlin, Zenyatta, Zenyatta, Goldikova, Havre de Grace, Wise Dan, Wise Dan, California Chrome, American Pharoah, Arrogate, Gun Runner, Accelerate, Maximum Security, Gamine