Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > The Steve Dellinger Discourse Den
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-30-2006, 11:00 AM
pgardn

Default The United Nations

Has largely shown itself to be totally ineffective.

The resolution to disarm Hezbollah... oh that was well enforced.
1300 in the Congo die everyday from the ongoing Civil War, makes the Middle East conflict look like peanuts in terms of life lost. Africa is completely forgotten time after time.

And now they are trying to put Israel as the moral equivalent of Hamas and Hezbollah. I forget, how many warnings are given to Israeli citizens to get out because rockets from Israel are being fired from Haifa?

What a bunch of antisemitic BS.
Old 07-30-2006, 11:17 AM
Hialeah Park

The UN is indeed ineffective, but the deaths of 37 children is going to make for reprisals...What a mess!
A cease fire would do much better for Israeli pr than denying a three day truce to allow medical aid. It's not just Hezzbolah at this point, it's all of the Lebanese. Qana was the tipping point, unfortunately.
Old 07-30-2006, 11:26 AM
pgardn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Downthestretch55
The UN is indeed ineffective, but the deaths of 37 children is going to make for reprisals...What a mess!
A cease fire would do much better for Israeli pr than denying a three day truce to allow medical aid. It's not just Hezzbolah at this point, it's all of the Lebanese. Qana was the tipping point, unfortunately.
Hezbollah fires rockets in civilian areas so that civilians will be killed. I make no mistake in trying to fool anybody. Hezbollah is tightening its grip on Lebanon by getting civilians killed. What brave men fire rockets from the middle of civilian areas when they know reprisals will happen?
Old 07-30-2006, 11:36 AM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgardn
Hezbollah fires rockets in civilian areas so that civilians will be killed. I make no mistake in trying to fool anybody. Hezbollah is tightening its grip on Lebanon by getting civilians killed. What brave men fire rockets from the middle of civilian areas when they know reprisals will happen?
No arguement from me about firing rockets from civilian areas and using innocents as "human shields". Not brave at all.
However, I just watch the Israeli ambassador to the UN (Gittleman) and the Lebanese ambassador trade excuses in front of the security council.
Kofi A wants an immediate cease fire. So does the Pope.
In my view, Israel would do better to stop now rather than continue to lose support from the world community.
btw...Hezzbolah was/is the social service factor for many Lebanese, that's how they gained so much support.
Old 07-30-2006, 11:46 AM
Atlantic City Race Course

Quote:
Originally Posted by Downthestretch55
No arguement from me about firing rockets from civilian areas and using innocents as "human shields". Not brave at all.
However, I just watch the Israeli ambassador to the UN (Gittleman) and the Lebanese ambassador trade excuses in front of the security council.
Kofi A wants an immediate cease fire. So does the Pope.
In my view, Israel would do better to stop now rather than continue to lose support from the world community.
btw...Hezzbolah was/is the social service factor for many Lebanese, that's how they gained so much support.
Hezzbolah as a social service entity...now there's a mental image! Obviously they must be big on population control as they assure many Lebanese mothers will experience "retroactive abortions". And the Pope...well then, that does it, a cease fire must be divine!
Old 07-30-2006, 11:46 AM
Dee Tee Stables

bush and blair suggested a un force in southern lebanon. it's a shame tho that the organization is what it is...as the un has shown itself to be ineffective for years now. but there is nothing else. what else to do? hezbollah hides behind strollers and skirts, and then complains bitterly about the cost to civilians. it's disgraceful.

glad to see the pope has taken time away from urging his faithful to avoid movies such as davinci code and has actually turned his attention to something worthwhile. he must be done writing his book...
Old 07-30-2006, 11:51 AM
pgardn

Not one Israeli citizen would be alive if Hezbollah had the fire power Israel has. The Lebanese president is on the ropes and firmly in the camp of Hezbollah. He is playing games now.

I have seen not one thing written about anyone in the Lebanese government asking Hezbollah to fire their rockets from noncivilian areas so that the innocent might be spared. Where in the hell is this statement that is long overdue???
Old 07-30-2006, 12:02 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgardn
Not one Israeli citizen would be alive if Hezbollah had the fire power Israel has. The Lebanese president is on the ropes and firmly in the camp of Hezbollah. He is playing games now.

I have seen not one thing written about anyone in the Lebanese government asking Hezbollah to fire their rockets from noncivilian areas so that the innocent might be spared. Where in the hell is this statement that is long overdue???
Actually, I saw the Lebanese president thank Hezzbolah for their continued resistance on this morning's news.
Egypt, that has a "peace treaty" has condemned today's actions and calls for a cease fire.
As I said, it looks like the "tipping point" has been reached.
Replay after replay on Al Jazzera...
Folks...this situation is going form bad to worse faster than I ever thought it would.
Time to take a rest before others become involved due to pressure from their citizens... This has put the Arab world on fire.
Old 07-30-2006, 12:04 PM
boldruler

I would like to know why the American media has forgotten about the wars my country is involved with and is spending 99% of its time following a war between two Stone Age groups. These groups have been fighting since Adam and Eve. LOL. They will be fighting forever because this is how they get legitimacy. Nobody in the world would pay any attention to them if they weren't constantly fighting.
Old 07-30-2006, 12:08 PM
Hialeah Park

In addition to this article, Blair just announced his urging to speed up the process.
http://apnews.myway.com//article/200...D8J6E6KO3.html
Old 07-30-2006, 04:30 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by boldruler
I would like to know why the American media has forgotten about the wars my country is involved with and is spending 99% of its time following a war between two Stone Age groups. These groups have been fighting since Adam and Eve. LOL. They will be fighting forever because this is how they get legitimacy. Nobody in the world would pay any attention to them if they weren't constantly fighting.
BR,
I was trying to think of a reason to explain why the two wars that the US is currently engaged in don't receive the coverage that is deserved, needed.
Here's the best I could find...
http://www.commondreams.org/views06/0730-28.htm