Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-08-2006, 08:59 AM
Newmarket

Default What a day for Finals!!

Sunday morning we have the mens final at Wimbleden which is a rematch between Federer and Nadal. Nadal just beat Federer in the
French finals and has beat him five straight times. Otherwise Federer has been unbeatable and particularly on grass and is considered possibly one of the best to ever play. These two could provide us with a great rivalry for years to come.

Then in the afternoon we have the World Cup final between Italy and France.
I'm not the biggest soccer fan but I we just can't have the cup go to France. GO ITALY!
Old 07-08-2006, 10:30 AM
Bold Brooklynite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlJim78
Then in the afternoon we have the World Cup final between Italy and France.
I'm not the biggest soccer fan but I we just can't have the cup go to France. GO ITALY!
See my post on the "Contest" thread.

It would simply be intolerable for "les grenouilles" to win anything. Je seriai très desolé !!!

Forza Italia !!! A bassa i francesi !!!
Old 07-08-2006, 10:48 AM
Newmarket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bold Brooklynite
See my post on the "Contest" thread.

It would simply be intolerable for "les grenouilles" to win anything. Je seriai très desolé !!!

Forza Italia !!! A bassa i francesi !!!
I saw it and it was pretty funny, your thought process on what the score might be. I also tease my Italian friends and ask them why this number one world sporting event which happens every four years should ever be decided on penalty kicks. It's like after 90 minutes of the actual game and 30 minutes of overtime, everyone just gets tired and says "oh hell with it! just put the ball real close and take turns kicking it in. that should do it."

I was also thinking that World Cup betting squares are not real popular like they are over here for the super bowl. The guy with 0-0 usually wins most of the money and no one with a number higher than 2 has any chance whatsoever.