Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-08-2006, 01:09 AM
Flemington

Default Nomar

Hit the game winner out against a Giant pitcher who hadn't given one up all year.Quite a war between those 2,but Accardo finally hung a little slider (seemed to never come down.)Guy can still hit.We lost Gagne for the whole year.Good thing this Japanese guy(Saito) has been getting it done.This Cuban guy(Baez)is not really consistent enough to be a reliable closer(Saito is a nice closer.)

Last edited by SCUDSBROTHER : 07-08-2006 at 01:16 AM.
Old 07-08-2006, 08:24 AM
Monmouth Park

It's nice to see Nomar back to his game and playing in an environment he seems fit to be in. He never seemed at home in Boston, all the while being a great ball player. And healthy, of course.

My only regret of the Red Sox winning it all in 2004 was he wasnt on the team at the end. He deserved it, he gave his heart and soul to the team and the fans for years here. When the Red Sox were in the tank in the late 90's, he and Pedro Martinez carried those teams to heights they honestly had no business acheiving (ALCS in 1999, for example).

Pedro was an absolute force and Nomar was running around hitting .370 or something ungodly like that. Hope his good fortunes continue!
Old 07-08-2006, 12:29 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suffolk Shippers
It's nice to see Nomar back to his game and playing in an environment he seems fit to be in. He never seemed at home in Boston, all the while being a great ball player. And healthy, of course.

My only regret of the Red Sox winning it all in 2004 was he wasnt on the team at the end. He deserved it, he gave his heart and soul to the team and the fans for years here. When the Red Sox were in the tank in the late 90's, he and Pedro Martinez carried those teams to heights they honestly had no business acheiving (ALCS in 1999, for example).

Pedro was an absolute force and Nomar was running around hitting .370 or something ungodly like that. Hope his good fortunes continue!

Dodgers aren't gunna scare anybody,but if you could see the smile on the guy's face when he put the L.A. cap on,then you would know he is home.Grady is practically a manequin in a cheap-lookin' windbreaker.So,pretty much Nomar is the main guy on a team he evidently has always wanted to play for. Unfortunately,the team is crap against good pitching.As a matter of fact,pro gamblers must love to play against them when they have to face a hot starter.They do well in a game where neither side has much good pitching that night.They can usually win those(especially at home.)I thought Kemp was gunna do really well(and he will eventually,)but he can't resist swinging at crap.He is a very strong guy,but if he can't resist swingin' at crap,then he won't get many strikes to swing at.Adrian Ethiar is like Bernie Williams.Same body type,and looks very similiar at the plate.Becoming a very professional hitter.Gunna hit for power,average,and on base %.Kemp is highly questionable in 2 out of those 3.Hasn't hit a h r for about 3 weeks.That will change when he gets some counts that favor him.He is pretty dumb(and green,)but there is a lot of power there(ton of it.)Grady is hurting a young player by pinch hitting with him.He needs to play every day,and should get to do that now that Lofton is lame.

Last edited by SCUDSBROTHER : 07-08-2006 at 12:33 PM.
Old 07-08-2006, 05:37 PM
Flemington

You would think the DODGERS would catch on that this drunk is too hung over to be the starting pitcher in day games,but they can't figure that out.

Last edited by SCUDSBROTHER : 07-08-2006 at 05:49 PM.
Old 07-08-2006, 06:41 PM
Havre de Grace

It's good to see Nomar doing well..I think you're right about Lowe! What's up with Grady in the warmup thing??? Even Lasorda wore the uniform proudly. I'm not thrilled with Grady as manager of this team...and from what Colleti said yesterday they will be against keeping Gagne. Sucks!
Old 07-08-2006, 07:16 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmgirvan
It's good to see Nomar doing well..I think you're right about Lowe! What's up with Grady in the warmup thing??? Even Lasorda wore the uniform proudly. I'm not thrilled with Grady as manager of this team...and from what Colleti said yesterday they will be against keeping Gagne. Sucks!

Well,as far as Grady goes,how can you ever like a guy that won't go get a pitcher BEFORE the game is out of hand?How the hell did he again let this drunk give up that many runs before he came out to get him? WTF is that all about? Old fool.Talk quicker too(you fool.)
Old 07-08-2006, 07:19 PM
Havre de Grace

Dodgers' pitching is Penny and pray for rain!! I'm still not over Cabrera stealing home!!
Old 07-08-2006, 08:10 PM
Monmouth Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmgirvan
As for Grady Little, I point to the evidence of October 16, 2003, Game 7 ALCS Boston v. NY Yankees.

Left Pedro Martinez in far too long. Grady is a good guy, but not a good manager. NO ONE should be thrilled with Little as the man in charge.
Old 07-08-2006, 08:11 PM
Monmouth Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCUDSBROTHER
You would think the DODGERS would catch on that this drunk is too hung over to be the starting pitcher in day games,but they can't figure that out.
DLowe will have his ups and downs, but he is MONEY in the postseason. Should the Dodgers get there, Lowe and Penny can do some damage.
Old 07-08-2006, 09:34 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suffolk Shippers
DLowe will have his ups and downs, but he is MONEY in the postseason. Should the Dodgers get there, Lowe and Penny can do some damage.

No way they can get to the post with this drunk pitchin' that way every other game.Angels look like they will go to within 3 games of 1st place tonite.They have the pitching to take that division(especially with fat face Colon starting to get it together.)