Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-07-2006, 06:51 PM
Bold Brooklynite

Default Contest: World Cup Final

Hey gang ... let's have a contest ... see who can guess the final score of the final World Cup game. OK? OK !!!!

I'll go first ... let's see ... the Italians will score ... ummm ... the Italians ... ahhh ... errrr ... they'll score ... ummm ... they'll score 0 goals.

And the French ... the French ... the French ... they'll score ... ummm ... they'll also score 0 goals.

Then there'll be an overtime ... and the Italians will score ... ahhhhhhh ... 0 goals ... and the French ... hmmmmm ... they'll score ... oooooh ... they'll score 0 goals.

Then ... they'll stop playing soccer ... because these top soccer players in the world are too delicate to keep playing until somebody wins by scoring actual goals ... and they'll then play Can-The-Goalie-Guess-Which-Way-I'll-Kick-It-From-Ten-Feet-Away.

And the entire World Soccer Cup won't be decided by playing soccer ... but by playing this other game ... Can-The-Goalie-Guess-Which-Way-I'll-Kick-It-From-Ten-Feet-Away.

Anyway ... that's my guess. What's yours?
Old 07-07-2006, 06:59 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bold Brooklynite
Hey gang ... let's have a contest ... see who can guess the final score of the final World Cup game. OK? OK !!!!

I'll go first ... let's see ... the Italians will score ... ummm ... the Italians ... ahhh ... errrr ... they'll score ... ummm ... they'll score 0 goals.

And the French ... the French ... the French ... they'll score ... ummm ... they'll also score 0 goals.

Then there'll be an overtime ... and the Italians will score ... ahhhhhhh ... 0 goals ... and the French ... hmmmmm ... they'll score ... oooooh ... they'll score 0 goals.

Then ... they'll stop playing soccer ... because these top soccer players in the world are too delicate to keep playing until somebody wins by scoring actual goals ... and they'll then play Can-The-Goalie-Guess-Which-Way-I'll-Kick-It-From-Ten-Feet-Away.

And the entire World Soccer Cup won't be decided by playing soccer ... but by playing this other game ... Can-The-Goalie-Guess-Which-Way-I'll-Kick-It-From-Ten-Feet-Away.

Anyway ... that's my guess. What's yours?
I could see how much overall hell I catch by saying something about the Pope blessing the balls before the match by kissing each one and Italy winning 5-0 but instead I'll agree with you...penalty kicks will decide this "contest"!
Old 07-07-2006, 07:06 PM
Bold Brooklynite

Quote:
Originally Posted by somerfrost
I could see how much overall hell I catch by saying something about the Pope blessing the balls before the match by kissing each one and Italy winning 5-0 but instead I'll agree with you...penalty kicks will decide this "contest"!
See ... see ... I knew we could agree on something!

But wouldn't the Pope have been rooting for the Germans?
Old 07-07-2006, 07:40 PM
BellamyRd.

Ribery, Henry, and ZZ can't get it past Gigi!
1-nil, Italy gives the French the boot.
Old 07-08-2006, 10:24 AM
Bold Brooklynite

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellamyRd.
Ribery, Henry, and ZZ can't get it past Gigi!
1-nil, Italy gives the French the boot.
Question: That goal you're predicting ... will it come from game action ... or from a corner kick ... or from a penalty kick ... or from a self-goal ... or will they simply hand out a goal to Italy just to keep the frogs from winning?
Old 07-09-2006, 01:58 PM
Newmarket

Default What A Shootout!

Well its half-time and it's all tied up at one apiece. At this pace there's no telling how high the score could run up.
Old 07-09-2006, 02:47 PM
Hialeah Park

16-1 Italy over France.
Old 07-09-2006, 06:50 PM
Bold Brooklynite

Well ... I almost got it perfect.

There were two fake goals ... one when they stopped the game to play Can-The-Goalie-Guess-Which-Way-I'll-Kick-It-From- Ten-Feet-Away ... and some frog barely squeezed the ball into the net ... and another when they stopped the game to play Let's-All-Stand-Around-While-The-Ball-Is-Lobbed-Three-Feet-From-The-Net-And-Play-Jump-Ball-With-Our-Heads.

As always ... there were no goals scored from regular soccer game action.

And ... of course ... the Worldwide Universal Soccer Championship was finally decided ... as predicted ... by playing something other than soccer.

Yeah ... this game is bound to catch on ... big time ... over here ... NOT !!!
Old 07-09-2006, 07:17 PM
Newmarket

And how about the unsportsman like departure of the French captain Jidane?
With only about 10 minutes left in the game he loses it and casually walks up to one of the Italians and head butts him in the chest so hard it sends the guy down to the turf. After a little discussion they gave him a red card, banishing him from the game. The great part of it is that he had just announced his retirement so this was his last international game and he is considered one of the all-time greats.