Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-04-2006, 08:00 PM
oracle80

Default Yankees losing 19-1

yeah, thats correct 19-1. I guess they werent feeling very patriotic today, absolutely humiliating.
Old 07-04-2006, 08:10 PM
Idlewild Airport

They won't make the playoffs Mike. Too many injuries and too many good teams to chase.
Old 07-04-2006, 08:12 PM
oracle80

Quote:
Originally Posted by randallscott35
They won't make the playoffs Mike. Too many injuries and too many good teams to chase.
They need a trade or two, thats about it. One starter, one middle reliever. Boston got tagged today by Tampa, its not like they are as good overall as that streak they had. I tend to think that if the yanks get hot like Boston did they can run em down. But they do need arms.
Old 07-04-2006, 08:16 PM
Idlewild Airport

Maybe but there is no wildcard to fall back on this year. They have to beat Boston. And I don't see it happening.
Old 07-04-2006, 08:27 PM
oracle80

Quote:
Originally Posted by randallscott35
Maybe but there is no wildcard to fall back on this year. They have to beat Boston. And I don't see it happening.
I dunno about that. Its only half way through. I still think Boston has a cold streak left in them.
Old 07-04-2006, 09:57 PM
Flemington

Dodgers(winning 10-2) are going right back into a tie for their division's lead.It is amazing that they have a better chance of making the post than the Yanks (best I can tell.)When are they gunna do something about the way the divisions are set up,or is this going to just keep being this way?
Old 07-04-2006, 10:01 PM
5'8".. but all man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCUDSBROTHER
Dodgers(winning 10-2) are going right back into a tie for their division's lead.It is amazing that they have a better chance of making the post than the Yanks (best I can tell.)When are they gunna do something about the way the divisions are set up,or is this going to just keep being this way?

NL west and AL west....two divisions where .500 wins you the division
Old 07-04-2006, 10:22 PM
Monmouth Park

All comes down to pitching...right now, the only reliable arm in the Yankees rotation is Mussina. Toronto has Halladay, maybe Burnett. Boston has Beckett and Schilling and the kid Lester has looked decent. But Chicago has more arms than anyone. Red Sox will probably win the East, but Chicago is destined to repeat in my eyes.
Old 07-04-2006, 10:28 PM
Flemington

Chisox are very unusual.They won it all last year,but the players still are trying harder to win games than any team I have seen(probably the Bosox would be 2nd.)I never see any quit in that team.
Old 07-05-2006, 10:28 AM
boldruler

Toronto is likely to finish ahead of the Yankees too. Steinbrenner better hope Bellamy Road comes through because he is the only thing he will be watching in October.