Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-30-2006, 04:14 PM
Arlington Park

Default What's the world come to?

Had the soccer on ... ESPN2. It ended, I did a few things, glanced at the tv and on, right now .... Dominos! I'll watch a lot of sh.. sports but not this. Like watching paint dry.
Old 06-30-2006, 06:24 PM
Steve Byk

An actual game of dominos? Or setting up 1,380,520 dominos that then fall down in a goofy, momentarily thrilling pattern...?
Old 06-30-2006, 07:43 PM
Santa Anita

I remember one morning last year hungover to bits watching doggy long jump on ESPN. Dogs actually jumping and measurements taken, with commentary. Ridiculous..

#Grand
Old 06-30-2006, 09:29 PM
Arlington Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasept
An actual game of dominos? Or setting up 1,380,520 dominos that then fall down in a goofy, momentarily thrilling pattern...?
. Yes, Dominos... The real thing. The other falling down deal I can relate to better.
Old 06-30-2006, 09:35 PM
Woodbine

Dominos is a really fun game to play when you're drinking. But on TV, not so much. You can't even keep up w/ it anyway, its like scrabble or something. This is why summer is so boring for sports. Don't worry, 6 weeks from now it will be football time!
Old 06-30-2006, 10:21 PM
Arlington Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by whorstman
Dominos is a really fun game to play when you're drinking. But on TV, not so much. You can't even keep up w/ it anyway, its like scrabble or something. This is why summer is so boring for sports. Don't worry, 6 weeks from now it will be football time!
Amen to the football thing. The Dolphins train just a few miles from where we live and I try to catch a few days of the training camp. Dolfans are looking to have a big season with the fish.
Old 06-30-2006, 11:37 PM
pgardn

Quote:
Originally Posted by SentToStud
Had the soccer on ... ESPN2. It ended, I did a few things, glanced at the tv and on, right now .... Dominos! I'll watch a lot of sh.. sports but not this. Like watching paint dry.
Im still waiting for Chess or Go. I dont even know how to play dominoes so I watched. On one "hand" a guy got really pissed at another guy for doing something stupid. I am more into games that require movement. Poker and Dominoes are equivalent to me.
Old 07-01-2006, 06:04 AM
Randwyck

Quote:
Originally Posted by SentToStud
Amen to the football thing. The Dolphins train just a few miles from where we live and I try to catch a few days of the training camp. Dolfans are looking to have a big season with the fish.
Hey Bruce...not only am I looking to go down to Calder for the Summit of Speed
(and the Marllins game after), I'm also hoping to get down to a Dolphins game .
I need to see if the Fish are home during the Festival of the Sun. I try to get down there every 2 years to a game.

Follow me with the Rays grounds crew at
https://twitter.com/TripleCrown59
www.facebook.com/TripleCrown59

K&S pics-
http://share.shutterfly.com/action/w...0BYtWrhw2csXLA