Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Stakes Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-27-2016, 08:16 PM
Steve Byk

Default 7/30-31 (DMR): Clement L. Hirsch S. (G1); Bing Crosby S. (G1)

SAT 8th (5:40) Clement L. Hirsch S. (G1)

1 1/16 Miles | Fillies and Mares | 3 Year Olds And Up Stakes | Purse: $300,000

1 Beholder Stevens G L 123 L
2 Stellar Wind Espinoza V 121 L
3 The Dream (CHI) Garcia M 119
4 Off the Road (BRZ) Pedroza M A 119 L
5 Divina Comedia (FR) Talamo J 119 L

Last edited by Kasept : 07-29-2016 at 01:59 PM.
Old 07-29-2016, 01:58 PM
Steve Byk

SUN 8th (5:40) Bing Crosby S. (G1)

6 Furlongs | Open | 3 Year Olds And Up Stakes | Purse: $300,000

1 Justin Squared Pedroza M A 115 L
2 Subtle Indian Smith M E 119 L
3 Dream Saturday Garcia M 119 L
4 Indexical Gonzalez S 119 L
5 Kaabraaj Maldonado E 119 L
6 Bluegrass Bronco Ercegovic G 119 L
7 Home Run Kitten Talamo J 119 L
8 Lord Nelson Prat F 123 L
9 Alsvid Landeros C 119 L
Old 08-01-2016, 10:13 AM
Longchamps

Lord Nelson looked awesome.
Old 08-02-2016, 09:54 AM
Golden Gate

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickslions2 View Post
Lord Nelson looked awesome.
he really did. he showed he can get up pretty close to a fast pace and still finish. he will be tough to beat.
Old 08-02-2016, 01:05 PM
Hialeah Park

I must be in the overwhelming minority when I say that I wasn't all the impressed with Lord Nelson the other day. Nice race, yes, but I'll be against him both fists once he faces a true grade 1 field (not sure what that even means anymore). Im hoping he wins the next few races in soft spots and comes into the big race(s) riding a nice win streak. Indexical won't be one of the horses waiting for him!
"A person who saw no important difference between the fire outside a Neandrathal's cave and a working thermo-nuclear reactor might tell you that junk bonds and derivatives BOTH serve to energize capital"

- Nathan Israel
Old 08-02-2016, 01:37 PM
Super Mod.. and Super Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansharbor View Post
I must be in the overwhelming minority when I say that I wasn't all the impressed with Lord Nelson the other day. Nice race, yes, but I'll be against him both fists once he faces a true grade 1 field (not sure what that even means anymore). Im hoping he wins the next few races in soft spots and comes into the big race(s) riding a nice win streak. Indexical won't be one of the horses waiting for him!
Who exactly will be these scary horses waiting for him?
Old 08-02-2016, 01:48 PM
Flemington

I thought he was ultra impressive the other day. Stalked a hot pace and then drew away impressively.
Old 08-02-2016, 02:13 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by ateamstupid View Post
Who exactly will be these scary horses waiting for him?
Masochistic, Marking, Runhappy, XY Jet, Kobe's Back just to name a few. I'm sure there's a few more that i'm missing.

You don't think that the field he just beat up on was littered with horses that are a cut below the horses that I named? Agree to disagree, if your answer is no.

EDIT:: He's a nice horse, and i hit the superfecta for a buck in the Bing Crosby (would have been for $6 if the 5 didnt clunk up for 4th) by keying LN up top. After the happiness/anger wore off I watched the replay again, as i always do, and just didn't share the same enthusiasm as most on Twitter were posting with. That's what makes this game so great. People can view the same performance under a different light and form an opinion that can be backed at the windows, however heavy or light.
"A person who saw no important difference between the fire outside a Neandrathal's cave and a working thermo-nuclear reactor might tell you that junk bonds and derivatives BOTH serve to energize capital"

- Nathan Israel
Old 08-03-2016, 11:03 AM
Super Mod.. and Super Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansharbor View Post
Masochistic, Marking, Runhappy, XY Jet, Kobe's Back just to name a few. I'm sure there's a few more that i'm missing.

You don't think that the field he just beat up on was littered with horses that are a cut below the horses that I named? Agree to disagree, if your answer is no.

EDIT:: He's a nice horse, and i hit the superfecta for a buck in the Bing Crosby (would have been for $6 if the 5 didnt clunk up for 4th) by keying LN up top. After the happiness/anger wore off I watched the replay again, as i always do, and just didn't share the same enthusiasm as most on Twitter were posting with. That's what makes this game so great. People can view the same performance under a different light and form an opinion that can be backed at the windows, however heavy or light.
Masochistic is a nice horse, but has soundness issues so who knows if he'll make it to the Sprint? Same goes for Runhappy and X Y Jet, both of whom we probably should've seen by now if they were going to have a serious fall campaign. Marking has failed multiple times now against serious competition with no excuses. Lord Nelson would dust him. And Kobe's Back? Seriously?

Not sure what else you wanted Lord Nelson to do Sunday. He sat close to a supersonic pace that otherwise collapsed and galloped in track record time. I have no idea how you can knock that effort.