Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Esoteric Central
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-19-2015, 01:32 PM
Woodbine

Default tell me something good

In recent years, I've schlepped up to Belmont when the Crown was on the line. Because of the attendance cap this year, I asked someone to get tickets for me right after the Preakness was run (I was at Delaware Park for opening day/Preakness day, and didn't have access to the internet). They got me clubhouse general admission tickets by mistake.

Years ago, when they were only ten bucks more than grandstand general admission, I got clubhouse tickets. As far as I could tell, the grandstand is no worse. In fact, the grandstand area was next to the finish line, so it is arguably better. But now I'm stuck with these pricier tickets.

So, tell me something that makes the clubhouse better than the grandstand. Classier people? Shorter lines? I need a psychological sop.
Old 05-19-2015, 02:39 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowRoll View Post
In recent years, I've schlepped up to Belmont when the Crown was on the line. Because of the attendance cap this year, I asked someone to get tickets for me right after the Preakness was run (I was at Delaware Park for opening day/Preakness day, and didn't have access to the internet). They got me clubhouse general admission tickets by mistake.

Years ago, when they were only ten bucks more than grandstand general admission, I got clubhouse tickets. As far as I could tell, the grandstand is no worse. In fact, the grandstand area was next to the finish line, so it is arguably better. But now I'm stuck with these pricier tickets.

So, tell me something that makes the clubhouse better than the grandstand. Classier people? Shorter lines? I need a psychological sop.
you'll have a great day. have fun.
Old 05-19-2015, 03:13 PM
Keeneland

No wife beater shirts and or cutoff shorts on the men. And no exposed overflowing bellies for the women.

A deal for the $10 premium charged.
Old 06-03-2015, 12:25 AM
Cahokia Downs

Same question as ShadowRoll - what is the difference between general admission and clubhouse general admission. Is the latter less crowded? Are there seats in this section? Is it apron access only?

I did read where clubhouse GA can move to regular GA section but not vice versa.

Any info would be appreciated - flying in this weekend for the big day. First time ever at Belmont. Can't wait!!!