Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-20-2012, 07:10 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPK View Post
Why can't Tebow stay in Denver and back up Peyton for a few years? No room under the cap? If they could make it work, it would be the smartest decision Tebow could make. Why not take the opportunity to learn from a sure 1st ballot HOFer?

Besides, after God knows how many neck surgeries, one stiff breeze blowing the wrong way and Peyton could be flat on his back in the blink of an eye.
I dont see how Tebow could QB in the offensive system that will be designed for Manning.
Old 03-20-2012, 07:11 PM
5'8".. but all man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon Shell View Post
I dont see how Tebow could QB in the offensive system that will be designed for Manning.
Manning is the master of the hurry up/no huddle and that seems to be the way Tebow plays his best too, no?
Old 03-20-2012, 07:15 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfer View Post
That's the whole point. I'm not saying Tebow is definitely better than Gabbert, but it really doesn't matter.

I can tell you first hand how difficult it has been for the Jaguars to sell tickets here. Almost every home game for at least the last 2 years has been close to blacked out.

It's not about Gabbert, it's about making this franchise important, possibly for the 1st time ever. That's what bringing Tebow here would do, for better or worse (on the field).
I dont think that people will continue to support the team with Tebow unless they win. Perhaps the 1st half of the season but if they are 3-9 and Tebow looks Tebowish with no magical endings it is hard to imagine people will continue to show up.
Old 03-20-2012, 07:19 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPK View Post
Manning is the master of the hurry up/no huddle and that seems to be the way Tebow plays his best too, no?
Manning calls the shots based on what the defense is doing, stays in the pocket and gets rid of the ball faster than anyone in the NFL while maintaining his accuracy. Tebow holds the ball longer than anyone in the NFL, is best outside of the pocket running around and is also one of the least accurate QB's.
Old 03-20-2012, 07:26 PM
Sha Tin

This is the perfect scenario for Denver. Manning makes them better, takes some of the pressure off of the defense and this allows Elway an easy way to ease Tebow out. Despite Tebow/Denvers late season run I think that NFL Defensive coordinators will figure out how to completely stop that semi-wildcat offense they were running just like they figured out how to defense the wildcat into extinction. Tebow may get better at traditional QB stuff but you arent winning big in the 2012 version of the NFL running the option most of the time.
Old 03-20-2012, 07:29 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
I dont think that people will continue to support the team with Tebow unless they win. Perhaps the 1st half of the season but if they are 3-9 and Tebow looks Tebowish with no magical endings it is hard to imagine people will continue to show up.
I respectfully disagree. He is a legend here for what he did in HS, not to mention UF. This franchise has suffered from the worst possible malady, mediocrity, for years. In the NFL average begets average. This city knows losing. Even if they were to go 3-13, it would still be in the franchise'best interest.
Old 03-20-2012, 07:44 PM
Belmont Park

He's the most polarizing figure in all of sports - he's got to go to a team where he's #1 or nothing. If he's on the bench, then #1 is under the gun every single play. It's the worst QB controversy scenario you can plague a team with. I say the Jags suck it up, sit Gabbert with his 65.4 QB rating on the bench and gleefully take tarps off the seats. Hometown boy, Gator Nation, etc., etc. = sellout every week.
Old 03-20-2012, 07:59 PM
Del Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudeboyelvis View Post
He's the most polarizing figure in all of sports - he's got to go to a team where he's #1 or nothing. If he's on the bench, then #1 is under the gun every single play. It's the worst QB controversy scenario you can plague a team with. I say the Jags suck it up, sit Gabbert with his 65.4 QB rating on the bench and gleefully take tarps off the seats. Hometown boy, Gator Nation, etc., etc. = sellout every week.
That's exactly why he has to be gone. As i said earlier, i am fairly confident Manning wouldn't have signed on there unless Elway has assured him that the guy would be gone. Just sign a back up, possibly even Painter (as bad as that sounds), and draft a mid round QB to groom for the post Manning years. That's the way i would think Denver would handle things.
Old 03-20-2012, 08:03 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfer View Post
I respectfully disagree. He is a legend here for what he did in HS, not to mention UF. This franchise has suffered from the worst possible malady, mediocrity, for years. In the NFL average begets average. This city knows losing. Even if they were to go 3-13, it would still be in the franchise'best interest.
I dont think there is any player in any sport that people will continue to pay modern ticket prices to see if they arent winning. I'm not talking about the first season because you are more or less talking about 10 games if you include the pre season. But if they were to get him and go 3-13 and he were to stagnate/get gameplanned out I believe people will simply move on. Plus what if he were to get hurt? The guy takes a lot of hits. I dont think that they (or anyone really) will be able to win with him. The novelty will eventually wear off.
Old 03-20-2012, 08:43 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:
This is the perfect scenario for Denver. Manning makes them better, takes some of the pressure off of the defense and this allows Elway an easy way to ease Tebow out. Despite Tebow/Denvers late season run I think that NFL Defensive coordinators will figure out how to completely stop that semi-wildcat offense they were running just like they figured out how to defense the wildcat into extinction. Tebow may get better at traditional QB stuff but you arent winning big in the 2012 version of the NFL running the option most of the time.

Elway is doubly relieved. He gets a hall of fame QB, and doesn't have to bench Tebow. The fans will let him off the hook for getting rid of Tebow, bettering the franchise in both the short term and long run.
Old 03-21-2012, 07:35 AM
Dee Tee Stables

49'ers and smith agree to a deal, no surprise there.

supposedly the jets are interested in tebow.
Old 03-21-2012, 08:36 AM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzig View Post
49'ers and smith agree to a deal, no surprise there.

supposedly the jets are interested in tebow.
I can't figure that one out for the life of me.
Old 03-21-2012, 08:40 AM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaTH716 View Post
They have lost their way.

Damar Hamlin
Old 03-21-2012, 08:48 AM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
yeah, no telling where tebow-mania will strike.
Old 03-21-2012, 08:55 AM
Flemington

Quote:
yeah, no telling where tebow-mania will strike.
First they kick they supposedly kick the tires on Manning.
Then the give Sanchez a contract extention.
Now they are hot for Tebow?

I understand them wanting someone to semi-challange Sanchez in hopes of it bringing his game up. But Tebow, really? I didn't think it was possible, but they would be making a bad situation worse.
Old 03-21-2012, 09:06 AM
Dee Tee Stables

"Teams that have discussed a trade for quarterback Tim Tebow, either internally or with the Denver Broncos, include the Jacksonville Jaguars, Green Bay Packers, Miami Dolphins and New York Jets, a league source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

While one league source says the Dolphins are not likely to deal for Tebow, two sources told ESPNNewYork.com's Rich Cimini on Tuesday night the Jets' interest in Tebow has intensified.

The Jets, who a league source originally categorized as "a long shot at best," are concerned about the negative perception of its locker room. The Jets were divided by player unrest last season, and "bringing in a guy like (Tebow) would help," one source told Cimini. "It makes perfect sense."

Jets general manager Mike Tannenbaum refused to comment Monday when asked about Tebow on "The Michael Kay Show" on ESPN1050 in New York.

Denver is determined to trade Tebow sooner rather than later after signing Peyton Manning to a five-year, $96 million deal to be its starting quarterback. A trade for Tebow could be completed by the end of this week, if not sooner."

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/77...im-tebow-derby
Old 03-21-2012, 09:10 AM
Flemington

Quote:
"Teams that have discussed a trade for quarterback Tim Tebow, either internally or with the Denver Broncos, include the Jacksonville Jaguars, Green Bay Packers, Miami Dolphins and New York Jets, a league source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

While one league source says the Dolphins are not likely to deal for Tebow, two sources told ESPNNewYork.com's Rich Cimini on Tuesday night the Jets' interest in Tebow has intensified.

The Jets, who a league source originally categorized as "a long shot at best," are concerned about the negative perception of its locker room. The Jets were divided by player unrest last season, and "bringing in a guy like (Tebow) would help," one source told Cimini. "It makes perfect sense."
Jets general manager Mike Tannenbaum refused to comment Monday when asked about Tebow on "The Michael Kay Show" on ESPN1050 in New York.

Denver is determined to trade Tebow sooner rather than later after signing Peyton Manning to a five-year, $96 million deal to be its starting quarterback. A trade for Tebow could be completed by the end of this week, if not sooner."

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/77...im-tebow-derby
That's horses.hit. Two easy ways to fix the locker room.
1-The coach needs to have a better pulse of the team. Rex pretty much had no clue of the turmoili.
2-Just win, baby.
Old 03-21-2012, 09:15 AM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
1-The coach needs to have a better pulse of the team. Rex pretty much had no clue of the turmoili.
2-Just win, baby.
i agree, i think a big issue with the jets is their coach. i think he's the cause of much of their turmoil.
i don't see how bringing in tebow would help-instead it would give those unhappy with sanchez more fuel for the fire.
Old 03-21-2012, 09:25 AM
Oriental Park

Quote:
2-Just win, baby.
Should be great. Maybe Tebow and Santonio can wake and bake together.

The last thing the fraigile psyche of Sanchez needs is everyone yelling for Tebow after his first incompletion.

The Jets have officially lost it if thet do this. Green Bay makes the most sense, using him in non-quarteback roles, because he will not threaten Rodgers.
Old 03-21-2012, 09:47 AM
Belmont Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3kings View Post
Should be great. Maybe Tebow and Santonio can wake and bake together.

The last thing the fraigile psyche of Sanchez needs is everyone yelling for Tebow after his first incompletion.

The Jets have officially lost it if thet do this. Green Bay makes the most sense, using him in non-quarteback roles, because he will not threaten Rodgers.

Completely agree, Tom. He can do a lot of things and also is probably the only team in the NFL (save NE) where they aren't going to be looking for Rodger's head if he has a bad game. He can be a legit #2 there without controversy and also a back field position type.