Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-20-2012, 12:19 PM
Dee Tee Stables

5 year, 96 million.

anyone who thinks they should have stayed with tebow over going for manning is nuts.
Old 03-20-2012, 12:44 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Pants View Post
40 mil guaranteed if he passes a physical. That's a hefty contract.
Hadn't seen that yet, guarantees more actually, that physical is next year, would be 58MM counting 2012 salary.

"Manning will make $18 million in 2012, according to ESPN NFL Business Analyst Andrew Brandt.

Brandt said if Manning passes a physical in March 2013, he will get a guaranteed salary of $20 million in 2013 and 2014."

From News 7 Denver
Old 03-20-2012, 12:44 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzig View Post
5 year, 96 million.

anyone who thinks they should have stayed with tebow over going for manning is nuts.
And there are thousands from the backlash I have seen so far. Me, I am happy.
Old 03-20-2012, 01:59 PM
Del Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzig View Post
5 year, 96 million.

With Tebow comes drama, and distraction I am fairly sure Peyton wouldn't have signed on for that, and I bet Elway made it clear they would get the guy off the team if and when Peyton agreed. They'll sign a backup perhaps even Curtis the Painter lol. Then draft a future prospect in the mid rounds would be my guess as to what will happen.
Old 03-20-2012, 02:07 PM
Jerome Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clip-Clop View Post
And there are thousands from the backlash I have seen so far. Me, I am happy.
I'd take Manning over every QB in the league except Rodgers, Brady and Brees. So I certainly do not fault the Broncos.. I would have done the same thing if I was Elway.

It would be HILARIOUS, though, if the Broncos do not make the post season or do not improve on their 8 wins from last year. The team straight up sucked with the pocket passer in as QB last year prior to Tebow... not that I'd ever compare Manning and Kyle Orton. The Broncos are made for the running game though.
Old 03-20-2012, 02:11 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antitrust32 View Post
I'd take Manning over every QB in the league except Rodgers, Brady and Brees. So I certainly do not fault the Broncos.. I would have done the same thing if I was Elway.

It would be HILARIOUS, though, if the Broncos do not make the post season or do not improve on their 8 wins from last year. The team straight up sucked with the pocket passer in as QB last year prior to Tebow... not that I'd ever compare Manning and Kyle Orton. The Broncos are made for the running game though.
Yeah, but we're not talking about Eli here, what do you do with Peyton.
Old 03-20-2012, 02:20 PM
The Curragh

If the new owner isn't an idiot, the Jaguars will go after Tebow HARD! Not that it guarantees making them a better team, but it guarantees fans in the seats, and people around here actually caring about this franchise.
Old 03-20-2012, 02:23 PM
Jerome Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfer View Post
If the new owner isn't an idiot, the Jaguars will go after Tebow HARD! Not that it guarantees making them a better team, but it guarantees fans in the seats, and people around here actually caring about this franchise.
then trade Gabbert??
Old 03-20-2012, 02:24 PM
Flemington

Quote:
then trade Gabbert??
To whom? The last time I checked, you couldn't trade guys to the arena leagues...................
Jerome Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaTH716 View Post
Yeah, but we're not talking about Eli here, what do you do with Peyton.
lol

the young one does have twice the amount of hardware then the guy with the bad neck...

damn giants
Flemington

Quote:
lol

the young one does have twice the amount of hardware then the guy with the bad neck...
damn giants
Old 03-20-2012, 02:26 PM
Jerome Park

Quote:
To whom? The last time I checked, you couldn't trade guys to the arena leagues...................
lol

wasnt last year his rookie season? and he was a top 10 pick i believe? It would be difficult to give up on someone that quickly. Though Tebow would bring that dough to Jax... half the stadium would be orange and blue.
Old 03-20-2012, 02:34 PM
Del Mar

Quote:
Old 03-20-2012, 02:34 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
lol

wasnt last year his rookie season? and he was a top 10 pick i believe? It would be difficult to give up on someone that quickly. Though Tebow would bring that dough to Jax... half the stadium would be orange and blue.
That's the whole point. I'm not saying Tebow is definitely better than Gabbert, but it really doesn't matter.

I can tell you first hand how difficult it has been for the Jaguars to sell tickets here. Almost every home game for at least the last 2 years has been close to blacked out.

It's not about Gabbert, it's about making this franchise important, possibly for the 1st time ever. That's what bringing Tebow here would do, for better or worse (on the field).
Old 03-20-2012, 02:47 PM
Del Mar

Quote:
That's the whole point. I'm not saying Tebow is definitely better than Gabbert, but it really doesn't matter.

I can tell you first hand how difficult it has been for the Jaguars to sell tickets here. Almost every home game for at least the last 2 years has been close to blacked out.

It's not about Gabbert, it's about making this franchise important, possibly for the 1st time ever. That's what bringing Tebow here would do, for better or worse (on the field).
Seth NFL radio had on a TU writer on this morning, and on local sports talk they took a poll and most surprisingly to me too, did not want them to get Tebow. Having just signed signed Henne I just do not see it happening bro. We both know from living here it's a college town. Until they put a winning product on the field, and even if they win that fact may not change.
Old 03-20-2012, 03:02 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclem0822 View Post
Seth NFL radio had on a TU writer on this morning, and on local sports talk they took a poll and most surprisingly to me too, did not want them to get Tebow. Having just signed signed Henne I just do not see it happening bro. We both know from living here it's a college town. Until they put a winning product on the field, and even if they win that fact may not change.
Mike, it doesn't matter to me one way or the other. But I could care less what a Times Useless writer has to say. If people here actually don't want tebow in jax, it's more likely because they feel protective of him in some bizzare way, and are concerned there will be too much pressure on him to succeed.

Yes this is a college football city/area. But that's why the jags need him.
Old 03-20-2012, 03:02 PM
The Curragh

Quote:

Their schedule is murder outside the division so 8-8 is not exactly unrealistic at all. They host some solid teams and travel to rough road games. Brady v. Manning will come early I think.
Old 03-20-2012, 03:36 PM
Jerome Park

Quote:

I agree with you 100%. Personally I'd love Tebow to come to Jax. He's one of, if not #1, my favorite players in football and I could care less about gabbert. Jax would be stupid to not go for it.. I mean i'm sure the owner actually wants to make money.

But would the domino's keep falling and then Gabbert gets traded? Maybe he can go to Miami. I know he sucked last year, but he was considered a project even as a 1st round pick. I'm sure one team out there wouldnt mind him on their team.. even just to compete for the starting spot.
Old 03-20-2012, 04:01 PM
Del Mar

Quote:
Mike, it doesn't matter to me one way or the other. But I could care less what a Times Useless writer has to say. If people here actually don't want tebow in jax, it's more likely because they feel protective of him in some bizzare way, and are concerned there will be too much pressure on him to succeed.

Yes this is a college football city/area. But that's why the jags need him.
Interesting you mean the Tebow Kooks, or just his family here lol! I use Times Useless all the time too, we agree on that for sure lol! I understand your points bro. Logically from a football standpoint it makes zero sense, from a ticket perspective somewhat better sense. But perhaps less so, then 2 years ago when he was drafted. It's debatable in my opinion.
Old 03-20-2012, 06:39 PM
5'8".. but all man!

Why can't Tebow stay in Denver and back up Peyton for a few years? No room under the cap? If they could make it work, it would be the smartest decision Tebow could make. Why not take the opportunity to learn from a sure 1st ballot HOFer?

Besides, after God knows how many neck surgeries, one stiff breeze blowing the wrong way and Peyton could be flat on his back in the blink of an eye.