Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > Trip Notes
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-28-2019, 10:01 PM
ateamstupid's Avatar
ateamstupid ateamstupid is offline
Super Mod.. and Super Fly
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Jersey City, NJ
Posts: 13,000
Default Bodhicitta - #11 DMR 8 7/28

Iím not one to accuse a jockey of stiffing a horse, but someone please tell me what Mario Gutierrez was doing on this first-time US filly in the stretch of the Del Mar finale today. She very obviously had run and he didnít even try at any point. He should be suspended for that garbage. One to watch for next time if given a jockey who shows any effort whatsoever.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-29-2019, 03:50 PM
Dahoss Dahoss is offline
Newmarket
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 6,913
Default

The pan shot looks much worse than the head on, although neither flatter Gutierrez as a rider. It wasnít really stiffing IMO, he was just too indecisive. He could have dove inside or tried to go around the tiring horse in front of him. Almost like he froze and did neither. Then since he messed up almost like he held him to make it look worse.

Iíd be very interested in betting this horse back
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-18-2019, 08:23 AM
Dahoss Dahoss is offline
Newmarket
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 6,913
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ateamstupid View Post
Iím not one to accuse a jockey of stiffing a horse, but someone please tell me what Mario Gutierrez was doing on this first-time US filly in the stretch of the Del Mar finale today. She very obviously had run and he didnít even try at any point. He should be suspended for that garbage. One to watch for next time if given a jockey who shows any effort whatsoever.
Needs a scratch to get in, but entered in the last today, sans Gutierrez
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-18-2019, 03:27 PM
ateamstupid's Avatar
ateamstupid ateamstupid is offline
Super Mod.. and Super Fly
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Jersey City, NJ
Posts: 13,000
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss View Post
Needs a scratch to get in, but entered in the last today, sans Gutierrez
She's in, with Prat aboard. Not too excited about her potential price though.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-18-2019, 08:39 PM
ateamstupid's Avatar
ateamstupid ateamstupid is offline
Super Mod.. and Super Fly
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Jersey City, NJ
Posts: 13,000
Default

Favored in doubles right now.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-18-2019, 09:15 PM
Dahoss Dahoss is offline
Newmarket
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 6,913
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ateamstupid View Post
She's in, with Prat aboard. Not too excited about her potential price though.
Wasnít thrilled with the ride here either.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:07 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.