Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-24-2007, 08:49 PM
Saratoga

Default Reggie Bush

Does he look slow or hurt or something, no explosion from him whatsoever?
Old 09-24-2007, 09:08 PM
Oriental Park

Nah, just looks like he made a couple million
Old 09-24-2007, 09:19 PM
pgardn

The Titans have a bunch of athletes on D.

Plus like they said, you gotta make moves going forward in order to get to the outside in the NFL. Bush did not do that on the punt return. ON the goal line his first few steps were forward, he gets that defensive man to take that one extra step forward... and he blazes to the outside.

Only his 2nd year, he will be fine if he stays uninjured.

Punt returns and kickoff returns can mean death though. So I think the Saints really dont need him to take those risks. And if he does, he has to go forward to make people miss. That can mean taking massive head-on shots.

The NFL is amazing though. So many big guys that can run. A normal person would get killed out there. The Titans have some big hitters. Be afraid.
Old 09-24-2007, 09:22 PM
pgardn

Scavs are the Bears going to pull another playoff year followed by horror?

QB with no consistency, and a RB that is semi-punishing with no breakaway speed whatsoever. The D is gonna have to set up everything, and Hester is going to have to have 90 more returns... yes?

Damn I hate the Cowboys so last night was not pleasant.
Old 09-24-2007, 09:57 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgardn
Scavs are the Bears going to pull another playoff year followed by horror?

QB with no consistency, and a RB that is semi-punishing with no breakaway speed whatsoever. The D is gonna have to set up everything, and Hester is going to have to have 90 more returns... yes?

Damn I hate the Cowboys so last night was not pleasant.
No pat, they are going to struggle to be 500, regardless who the QB is. We will probably draft a QB also because Grossman is a FA, and we need lineman in the worst way. They are all old and beaten up on the offesive side. I fully expect it to be 4-5 years until we are good again.
Old 09-24-2007, 10:04 PM
pgardn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scav
No pat, they are going to struggle to be 500, regardless who the QB is. We will probably draft a QB also because Grossman is a FA, and we need lineman in the worst way. They are all old and beaten up on the offesive side. I fully expect it to be 4-5 years until we are good again.
Thats not good for a bunch of good defensive players.
You guys cant waste Urlacher, Briggs, even the best defensive lineman in the league (Tommy Harris, I know he is young). This is still a very capable D, cant let that go to waste waiting on a O-line. They gotta go pick up some guys for the offensive line, the D is just too good.

I know they got a lot of guys injured last night, I just would not want to see such a good defense die on the vine by waiting to develop a new line.
Old 09-24-2007, 10:06 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgardn
Thats not good for a bunch of good defensive players.
You guys cant waste Urlacher, Briggs, even the best defensive lineman in the league (Tommy Harris, I know he is young). This is still a very capable D, cant let that go to waste waiting on a O-line. They gotta go pick up some guys for the offensive line, the D is just too good.

I know they got a lot of guys injured last night, I just would not want to see such a good defense die on the vine by waiting to develop a new line.
they are done unless some miracles happen. GOD DAMN VINCE YOUNG is going to cost me my fantasy week, I was up 7 and he has Bironas, I am up 2 right now, NO FG's
Old 09-24-2007, 10:26 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scav
they are done unless some miracles happen. GOD DAMN VINCE YOUNG is going to cost me my fantasy week, I was up 7 and he has Bironas, I am up 2 right now, NO FG's
HOLY CHRIST I CAn't believe it.
Old 09-24-2007, 10:33 PM
Saratoga

how fitting. absolutely sickening...Just continues to pile on
Old 09-25-2007, 12:53 AM
Del Mar

reggie will never be a good between the tackles runner. Too scared to take hits.
Old 09-25-2007, 05:31 AM
Arlington Park

rumor coming out of college, Bush was lazy. that went away last season but resurfaced during training camp this year. saints game is Duce inside and Reggie outside.

sorry scav's, i told you, your bears traded your best RB and Grossman is not consistent enough to take the Bears anywhere.
Old 09-25-2007, 07:28 AM
Thistley Downs

Name ain't right..no wonder.

" Oh Bush just got nailed!"

"Bush is pretty well covered today."

"Bush will not play today...Henry Longfellow upset."

"No hard feelings for Bush."

"Oh look!..Bush is wide open!"

"Packers want Bush."

"Price on Bush is high."

And what have you.
Old 09-25-2007, 11:14 AM
Dee Tee Stables

i had deuce on my fantasy team. not good, especially since i'm laden with mediocre players--other than peyton that is.
Old 09-25-2007, 11:20 AM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzig
i had deuce on my fantasy team. not good, especially since i'm laden with mediocre players--other than peyton that is.
You know things aren't quite right in the NFL when having Peyton isn't quite as good as having..oh..Jon Kitna and having Deuce is "not good"...
Old 09-25-2007, 12:29 PM
Arlington Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBBob
You know things aren't quite right in the NFL when having Peyton isn't quite as good as having..oh..Jon Kitna and having Deuce is "not good"...
Heard Deuce may be done for the year.
Old 09-25-2007, 01:03 PM
Goodwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by SentToStud
On my commute this morning, ESPN Radio reported that he is done....ACL
Old 09-25-2007, 01:44 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalakhani
reggie will never be a good between the tackles runner. Too scared to take hits.
You are correct. He will never be a good north/south runner, he likes to dance too much. He tries awfully hard to look Barry-esque. Don't get me wrong, he has playmaking ability, but with that offense being figured out and all, they can't slip teams mickeys. With Duece's season ending injury, that team is in a world of $hit, having Stecker as their main clock running pounder. Opposing teams are "getting up" for the Saints as opposed to last year when the Saints were catching teams off gaurd.
"A person who saw no important difference between the fire outside a Neandrathal's cave and a working thermo-nuclear reactor might tell you that junk bonds and derivatives BOTH serve to energize capital"

- Nathan Israel
Old 09-25-2007, 04:19 PM
Hippodrome Bluebonnets

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansharbor
You are correct. He will never be a good north/south runner, he likes to dance too much. He tries awfully hard to look Barry-esque. Don't get me wrong, he has playmaking ability, but with that offense being figured out and all, they can't slip teams mickeys. With Duece's season ending injury, that team is in a world of $hit, having Stecker as their main clock running pounder. Opposing teams are "getting up" for the Saints as opposed to last year when the Saints were catching teams off gaurd.
no the saints problem is in there offense and defencesive lines. can't pass or run block on offence and defence can't get any pressure from front four on qb.

also reggie trys to make every play a game breaker. in n.f.l. you can't do that the defences are just to fast. its not college where you are playing against weaker kids, who you can control cause your talent is so much better then theirs.

he needs to stop with that starting and stopping and feet shuttle. and just run.
Old 09-25-2007, 04:39 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBBob
tell me about it--i feel bad for the guy being out the rest of the year--but then again, maybe he's better off!
Old 09-25-2007, 04:40 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by SentToStud
yeah, that's why it's not good that i had him...the saints have completely imploded--why?