Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-21-2008, 11:44 PM
Flemington

Default Look-e- Here

KURODA coming around now.
Old 05-22-2008, 08:25 AM
Aqueduct

he wasn't exactly facing murderer's row...

He's a hack and you guys sold your soul for him. Congrats." coach pants
Old 05-22-2008, 11:38 AM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by otisotisotis
he wasn't exactly facing murderer's row...
That's a weird team. Can't win at Dodger Stadium. The last pitch he threw was awesome, though. Wasn't this team on a roll when they came in here? We were lucky to not have to face that Dominican starter that started 5-0 (or something like that.) Tried to beat him in Cincy, but he got better as the game went on ( much, much better.) Don't worry, the Dodgers will get their punishment for sweeping ya. They are teasers. More so than any gold-diggin' female dog could ever be. There are some teams they simply don't match up well with. Usually teams that emphasize pitching.(especially St. Louis,and Atlanta.) It may take until 2010 before we win a game in either of those 2 cities. On the other hand, they traditionally like to play teams like Cincy, Rocks, Marlins, Brewers, Pittsburgh. They need the bad pitching teams. Dodgers have enough pitching to outscore those types of teams. If you have a decent pitcher, then the Dodgers probably will lay down. Lowe and Penny aren't pitching well. Kuroda pitching 8 innings last night was a big deal. Our starters don't go long enough. Billingsley is one of the best pitchers in the league. There is something wrong with his insides. Can't seem to just focus all the team. Needs to get ass kicked, and then he will respond. Has very, very good stuff ( like your ace Dominican...wtf his name ? Voquero or something?)

Last edited by SCUDSBROTHER : 05-22-2008 at 11:58 AM.
Old 05-22-2008, 06:15 PM
Sha Tin

kuroda has been pretty good all year
Old 05-22-2008, 08:40 PM
Aqueduct

Edinson Voquez - they got him in the trade for Josh Hamilton. He's winning, but he walks a lot and throws way too many pitches. It'll be interesting to see what he has left for the 2nd half.
Problem with the Reds - 2 big albatrosses playing the corner OF, no power hitters from the right side, Jay Bruce still in AAA when he should at least be in CF for this team, among other things.
I'll give them credit for at least trying to fix the pitching- Voquez was a good deal, Cueto is still very young, hopefully Homer Bailey is close to being ready again, Arroyo is finally coming on, and Harang has gotten no run support this year. The bullpen has been pretty good for the most part, except they blow up at the worse possible time.

Old 05-22-2008, 09:09 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Originally Posted by otisotisotis
Edinson Voquez - they got him in the trade for Josh Hamilton. He's winning, but he walks a lot and throws way too many pitches. It'll be interesting to see what he has left for the 2nd half.
Problem with the Reds - 2 big albatrosses playing the corner OF, no power hitters from the right side, Jay Bruce still in AAA when he should at least be in CF for this team, among other things.
I'll give them credit for at least trying to fix the pitching- Voquez was a good deal, Cueto is still very young, hopefully Homer Bailey is close to being ready again, Arroyo is finally coming on, and Harang has gotten no run support this year. The bullpen has been pretty good for the most part, except they blow up at the worse possible time.
The Reds arent that far from being contenders in the NL. It will be interesting to see if the home park eventually kills the you pitchers though.
Old 05-23-2008, 08:47 AM
Aqueduct

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon Shell
The Reds arent that far from being contenders in the NL. It will be interesting to see if the home park eventually kills the you pitchers though.
yea, that place can be a confidence killer. i also thinks it attributes to their offensive woes on the road. they tried to build a softball team to match the home field and they seem to carry that mentality to the away games.

Old 05-24-2008, 02:05 AM
Flemington

Quote:
kuroda has been pretty good all year
BTW...Andruw just whiffed to end the game. They were down a run with 2 on ,and 2 out. Conference on the mound, and the outside slider gets him fishing. The guy is hitting .031 with men in scoring position, and Joe picks him to pinch hit. If you could see how many pitches this guy fouls off, you'd see he can't square up very many pitches. Reactions are too slow. I would like to say his vision is fkd up, but I think his reaction time is too slow.

Kuroda just got his 2nd win from 10 starts. Has 3 losses, and 5 no decisions. There have been starts where he couldn't come close to hitting the catcher's met. It's true that the guy has a knack of getting out of trouble without a lot of earned runs being scored, but he hasn't been that sharp until recently. This last start was really solid. Dodgers main problem is what took place again tonite(can't score much against decent pitchers.) If they don't change that, then they aren't gunna be a serious team. That start against the Rocks was horrible. He wasn't pretty good at that point.
Old 05-24-2008, 02:26 AM
Morris Park

Default dodgers

The 20 year-old Clayton Kershaw is going to be called up and possibly start Sunday. The left hander has been touted as the messiah, so it shall be interesting to see him in action in the show. Wicked curveball and a good fastball.

As for tonight's: Lowe was on form and it was the second most criminal act of the night for him to get the loss. The most criminal act was sending Andruw Jones up to pinch hit in that situation. Is it just me or does he strike out on the same pitch ever time? A fastball tailing off the plate.

Put him on the 15 day DL and commence electro-shock therapy imo.
Old 05-24-2008, 06:27 AM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by goingtothewhip
The 20 year-old Clayton Kershaw is going to be called up and possibly start Sunday. The left hander has been touted as the messiah, so it shall be interesting to see him in action in the show. Wicked curveball and a good fastball.

As for tonight's: Lowe was on form and it was the second most criminal act of the night for him to get the loss. The most criminal act was sending Andruw Jones up to pinch hit in that situation. Is it just me or does he strike out on the same pitch ever time? A fastball tailing off the plate.

No, it's usually the slider that looks to him like it's a low outside strike, and then it ducks away on him very late. He is a sucker for anything low and away. So, they were probably talkin' over which low outside pitch they wanted to use, and he (of course) swung at it. He sure is a guy who will swing away. I don't know if I have seen him go down on a called strike 3. BTW, I think Lowe is pretty use to it by now. If the opposing pitcher is any good, he knows he won't win. They just can't hit anybody that can pitch even a lil bit well. Somehow, they collected a bunch of hitters that can only hit the bad pitching in the league. They had no problem with getting enough runs against the Reds etc., but the Cards kill us. They have an actual pitching coach that knows wtf he is doing. Honeysucker is lucky to get 5 innings out of starters. That was a pretty mediocre pitcher, and he is a very mediocre pitching coach. Somebody else could probably get 20 wins a year from Billingsley or Penney. Don't think they even try to coach Penney. Just let the slob go out there and heeve it. See what happens.
Old 05-24-2008, 10:41 AM
Hollywood Park

Birds are on the bat, er, on the mound. Dodgers get 5 hits tonight.
Old 05-24-2008, 11:38 AM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Originally Posted by goingtothewhip

The publicity these young guys kills me. I used to be able to float them through waivers in fantasy b.ball and have thier rights way before the other guys knew jack about them. Now they come with screamin headlines...it kills the fanatics...

Andrew jones has officially left the building...
Old 05-24-2008, 11:41 AM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCUDSBROTHER
No, it's usually the slider that looks to him like it's a low outside strike, and then it ducks away on him very late. He is a sucker for anything low and away. So, they were probably talkin' over which low outside pitch they wanted to use, and he (of course) swung at it. He sure is a guy who will swing away. I don't know if I have seen him go down on a called strike 3. BTW, I think Lowe is pretty use to it by now. If the opposing pitcher is any good, he knows he won't win. They just can't hit anybody that can pitch even a lil bit well. Somehow, they collected a bunch of hitters that can only hit the bad pitching in the league. They had no problem with getting enough runs against the Reds etc., but the Cards kill us. They have an actual pitching coach that knows wtf he is doing. Honeysucker is lucky to get 5 innings out of starters. That was a pretty mediocre pitcher, and he is a very mediocre pitching coach. Somebody else could probably get 20 wins a year from Billingsley or Penney. Don't think they even try to coach Penney. Just let the slob go out there and heeve it. See what happens.
They are insane for not making jones get the knee taken care of now. Get him out of the dugout for a month, send him on a minor league rehab assignment for a couple of weeks and hope he comes back for the end of the season in a better place. Plus it will void my bet with Scuds
Old 05-24-2008, 07:39 PM
Flemington

At the rate he is going(.030 average with runners in scoring position,) he will get paid a half mil for each RBI he gets this season.
Old 05-25-2008, 02:50 PM
Flemington

Are ya still running BUBBLE tomorrow? If so, then the last thing she should hear from you are the two words "SHE FANCY." Do it Marv Albert style..Scavs will do it..Maybe you'll get some rain. Buddha sprinter in the rain is a nice thing (usually.)
Old 05-25-2008, 03:27 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Are ya still running BUBBLE tomorrow? If so, then the last thing she should hear from you are the two words "SHE FANCY." Do it Marv Albert style..Scavs will do it..Maybe you'll get some rain. Buddha sprinter in the rain is a nice thing (usually.)
I will whisper it in her ear right before the race
Old 05-25-2008, 04:40 PM
Flemington

Kershaw has looked good today. Not getting any help from his fielders behind him. THROWING 96 IN THE 6TH INNING= VERY KOOL
Old 05-25-2008, 07:45 PM
Flemington

Atleast they finally took one from the Cards. Kershaw pitched great, but got a no decision. Should of got a win , but Loney caught one in the head(instead of with his glove.) Dewitt threw too hi to home plate etc.
Old 05-26-2008, 01:56 PM
Flemington

Quote:
I will whisper it in her ear right before the race
No rain? Atleast she has interest. Probably will win if ya find a Tampa Bay of the North (or find some moisture.) Both early leaders faded in the 1st two races. Track may be lil dull today. Looked like they were working pretty hard to get home in the 4th.

Last edited by SCUDSBROTHER : 05-26-2008 at 02:07 PM.
Old 05-26-2008, 02:18 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
No rain? Atleast she has interest. Probably will win if ya find a Tampa Bay of the North (or find some moisture.) Both early leaders faded in the 1st two races. Track may be lil dull today. Looked like they were working pretty hard to get home in the 4th.
CD is not far from that right now