Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-13-2014, 09:03 AM
Keeneland

Default A-Rod Story on 60-Minutes

Not sure if anyone caught it but if CBS is correct, and the evidence of the blackberry text messages is a smoking gun IMO, A Rod not only cheated, he made a full-time job of it.

Wonder how many reporters are scouring through film of A-Rod just before a game and into the first inning to catch him in the act of juicing.
Old 01-13-2014, 09:21 AM
Idlewild Airport

Bad people do bad things. And then lie about it.
Old 01-13-2014, 10:14 AM
Ellis Park

Looks like he did something...But to never fail a drug test, and never get caught, that is strange...
Old 01-13-2014, 10:17 AM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by santana View Post
Looks like he did something...But to never fail a drug test, and never get caught, that is strange...
Guess that's why Bosch got paid.
Old 01-13-2014, 10:19 AM
Idlewild Airport

Quote:
Lance Armstrong beat them all the time too.
Old 01-14-2014, 03:16 AM
Flemington

Quote:
And those are the facts. He should not be judged/punished based on public perception of him. 162 game suspension is absurd. 50 games for first violation. So technically 50 would even be too much, but at least not so absurd.

Last edited by RockHardTen1985 : 01-14-2014 at 03:30 AM.
Old 01-14-2014, 05:27 AM
Hollywood Park

Quote:
In the 60 Minutes interview, Bosch said it was a very easy to beat a positive test result. He talked about taking mandatory samples in "mid stream" (not the beginning or end) to avoid catching drug metabolites in urine.

He made it seem like any drug testing protocol was very easy to beat if you knew what you were doing......
Old 01-14-2014, 06:01 AM
Sha Tin

Quote:
He admitted to using.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...ticle-1.389456

The biggest mistake Selig made was to wage this ridiculous war with ARod and risk making him look like a "victim".
Old 01-14-2014, 06:06 AM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithting View Post
In the 60 Minutes interview, Bosch said it was a very easy to beat a positive test result. He talked about taking mandatory samples in "mid stream" (not the beginning or end) to avoid catching drug metabolites in urine.

He made it seem like any drug testing protocol was very easy to beat if you knew what you were doing......
So now in American we are guilty until proven innocent?
Good to know.
Old 01-14-2014, 06:07 AM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon Shell View Post
He admitted to using.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...ticle-1.389456

The biggest mistake Selig made was to wage this ridiculous war with ARod and risk making him look like a "victim".
Paying big money to a known liar.... "Baseball" looks great. Its kind of a dying sport anyway, no??
7th or 8th most popular in this country now?
Old 01-14-2014, 06:17 AM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockHardTen1985 View Post
Paying big money to a known liar.... "Baseball" looks great. Its kind of a dying sport anyway, no??
He is guilty and has already admitted it. This is just overkill.

Baseball is clearly still one of the top 3 most popular sports in this country.
Old 01-14-2014, 07:14 AM
Saratoga

Quote:
I know how you can make some money to cover your football losses. Write an EBook on the art of trolling. Your original nonsense got no play so you followed it up with this.
Old 01-14-2014, 07:15 AM
Idlewild Airport

Quote:
Originally Posted by jms62 View Post
I know how you can make some money to cover your football losses. Write an EBook on the art of trolling. Your original nonsense got no play so you followed it up with this.
Exactly...It's become an act now, so he won't be getting responses.
Old 01-14-2014, 07:15 AM
Fairgrounds

Quote:
You must be kidding. BTW, how do you think the NBA or the NFL would look if they had a real drug testing policy?
Old 01-14-2014, 08:40 AM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick333 View Post
You must be kidding. BTW, how do you think the NBA or the NFL would look if they had a real drug testing policy?

Fish on.
Old 01-14-2014, 05:26 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by jms62 View Post
Jim it was 1 minute later. I was sitting at my desk and wanted to add the second point. So the got no play thing makes no sense.Im not trolling.
NCAA football and basketball have both passed MLB. NBA and NFL cleary. Soccer, Tennis and Golf are all right there as well.
Now were at the point where I am a mush and a liar. And when you dont agree with my opinion Im trolling? Arod has never tested positive. That was my point. The fact that he admitted to using later on to save face does not matter much to me.
Old 01-14-2014, 05:27 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by randallscott35 View Post
Exactly...It's become an act now, so he won't be getting responses.
THank you. You dont really say much anyway, and none of you actually talk horse racing.
Old 01-14-2014, 05:27 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick333 View Post
Likely just as bad. But that was not the point.
Old 01-14-2014, 06:01 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Jim it was 1 minute later. I was sitting at my desk and wanted to add the second point. So the got no play thing makes no sense.Im not trolling.
NCAA football and basketball have both passed MLB. NBA and NFL cleary. Soccer, Tennis and Golf are all right there as well.
Now were at the point where I am a mush and a liar. And when you dont agree with my opinion Im trolling? Arod has never tested positive. That was my point. The fact that he admitted to using later on to save face does not matter much to me.

Poll finds baseball second-most popular American sport
By Matt Snyder | Baseball Writer
January 7, 2013 1:33 pm ET

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/eye-on-...-american-spor

no golf, tennis or soccer in sight.

note that the gap between mlb and ncaaf grew from the previous year.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...oo-big-to-fail

'For now, the National Football League is doing quite well. The league brings in an annual revenue of $9.5 billion. To put that number into perspective, Major League Baseball, the second-highest grossing league in the USA, had an annual revenue of $7 billion in 2012 and the NFL more than doubles the National Basketball Association and their revenue of “just” $4 billion'
Old 01-15-2014, 02:55 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

I can't help but laugh at all of the outrage of the public in these matter of players using drugs. We believe that the number of guys using is pretty high yet according to the poll listed by Danzig, the sport still made $7b in revenue and is the second most popular in the country. "I hate you all.....now here, take my money." I think people talk about how bothered they are by the cheating because it seems like the right thing to do but inside, they don't actually care. I know I don't. I don't watch sports for the morals. I watch it to be entertained. If I'm going to the stadium, I want to see a 600-ft home run. I wouldn't care if a guy called time out at home plate and stuck the needle in right there. As long as I'm entertained, for the prices they charge, I'm good.

I remember years ago, Chris Rock was doing a show and he was talking about people that smoke crack. He mentioned Marion Barry. One of his jokes went like this, "I was talking to a group of kids and telling them crack is bad, don't smoke crack, you'll never be anything in life. One of the kids yelled back 'I can be mayor." I think about that joke when when I think about Alex Rodriguez, Roger Clemens, and Barry Bonds. Yeah, those guys won't make the hall of fame. But they enjoyed tremendous careers, tremendous fame, and made tons of money. They and their families are set for generations. Look at Ryan Braun. He'll come off of his suspension with a new deal making $20 million plus per year. Where, I ask, is the incentive for guys NOT to cheat?
Manila, Java Gold, Alysheba, Sunday Silence, Go for Wand, In Excess, Paseana, Kotashaan, Holy Bull, Cigar, Alphabet Soup, Formal Gold, Skip Away, Artax, Tiznow, Point Given, Azeri, Candy Ride, Smarty Jones, Ghostzapper, Invasor, Curlin, Zenyatta, Zenyatta, Goldikova, Havre de Grace, Wise Dan, Wise Dan, California Chrome, American Pharoah, Arrogate, Gun Runner, Accelerate, Maximum Security, Gamine