Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-21-2014, 10:14 AM
Idlewild Airport

Quote:
Originally Posted by jms62 View Post
For Seattle to have a chance, Pete Carroll would have to channel his inner Bill Parcells. He would need to use Marshawn Lynch like Parcells used Otis Anderson vs the Bills and grind the clock and keep it out of Peytons hands.
What?

Denver doesn't impress me at all. The Bills were much better than that Giants team and got outcoached. Not a good analogy.
Old 01-21-2014, 10:28 AM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by randallscott35 View Post
What?

Denver doesn't impress me at all. The Bills were much better than that Giants team and got outcoached. Not a good analogy.
Well that is where we differ. Just like the Bills, my feeling is Denver is much better than Seattle. So given that my analogy is spot on.
Old 01-21-2014, 07:01 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockHardTen1985 View Post
I don’t think that’s the case. Not at all. I’m a Pats fan, and Denver dominated us. But Seattle is much better then NE this year. Think about the injuries NE has had. Think about who both teams beat to get here. Denver beat San Diego and a decimated New England team. Seattle took out New Orleans and San Fran. Its not even a question who has recently played the better teams.
Seattle has been the best team in the NFL all year. Of course people are going to bet Denver, its Manning and they are flashy. Stat I read today Seattle is the first team in 30 years to have no player on the roster with Super Bowl experience. It’s a second year QB vs a legend. Who is supposed to be bet?
Seattle’s D is too good. And the big problem for Denver will be stopping Seattle. No one is talking about that. Seattle’s offense is fine, and will be even better vs a shitty Denver D. I expect Seattle to score 31-34 points. Seattle is nasty. They talk the talk and they back it up. I respect what they have done and I don’t see how they lose this game.
In what world is Denver better then Seattle? Im sure you will come back with some insults, nothing football realted. That’s fine. Ill deal with facts right now though.
Denver’s 2 best wins this year are twice vs KC. Anyone who follows the sport knows how depleted NE is. 4 pro bowl players out on defense alone, plus Gronk. I dont put much into Denver beating my team at home as a 6 point favorite. Would have been 9 if Talib was out before the game.....
Seattle on the other hand has beat the best teams in the NFL all year. They beat San Fran 2x, New Orleans 2x, Carolina and Arizona. They have lost 3 games a crazy game @Indy. Indy also beat Denver. They lost by 2 @San Fran and they lost a hear scratcher at home to Arizona. But anyone who knows football knows going into that game Arizona was the hottest team in the NFL going into that game. They had won 6 of 7 before beating Seattle. I think its comical that Denver is much better, its not the truth its you making things up. Denver cant and wont beat Seattle. Denver is nowhere near physical enough. Look at what Seattle’s did to Crabtree, Boldin, Davis and Gore. As talented if not better then what Denver will throw at them.
49ers weapons are not even close. 5 guys with more than 10 TDs, no one had ever had 4 prior to this year. Especially taking into account the passer. Kap vs. Peyton, be realistic.
That said, an ice/wind storm will make it very likely that the Seahawks keep it close, maybe even win. Weather holds up to be just cold forget it, Broncos win big. The NFC is kind of a joke, Arizona?The Saints lost to the Jets C'mon!
Old 01-21-2014, 07:04 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
Demaryius Thomas, Eric Decker, Julius Thomas, Wes Welker and Knowshon Moreno. You choose who you are going to take out but you aren't shutting down all of them and anyone of them can be the one to beat you. Too many options regardless of how good Sherman is.
This. Plus Montee Ball when he gets going.
Only team to beat the Denver Broncos this year, other than that Thursday night game, was the Denver Broncos.
Old 01-21-2014, 07:11 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by randallscott35 View Post
What?

I agree. I dont see it with Denver. Not one bit.
Old 01-22-2014, 09:06 AM
The Curragh

Quote:
I agree. I dont see it with Denver. Not one bit.
Saw it when all that $ flew away betting against them week after week though didn't ya?
Old 01-22-2014, 03:06 PM
Randwyck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clip-Clop View Post
49ers weapons are not even close. 5 guys with more than 10 TDs, no one had ever had 4 prior to this year. Especially taking into account the passer. Kap vs. Peyton, be realistic.
That said, an ice/wind storm will make it very likely that the Seahawks keep it close, maybe even win. Weather holds up to be just cold forget it, Broncos win big. The NFC is kind of a joke, Arizona?The Saints lost to the Jets C'mon!
Arizona blew away the Colts, and didn't the Colts beat the Broncos?!
Old 01-22-2014, 04:17 PM
Flemington

Quote:
That said, an ice/wind storm will make it very likely that the Seahawks keep it close, maybe even win. Weather holds up to be just cold forget it, Broncos win ig. The NFC is kind of a joke, Arizona?The Saints lost to the Jets C'mon!
Listen your a Denver fan, its OK. I respect it your defending your team. But your being absurd. Ill go back to the weapons. Ill take Gore and Hunter all day over any of Denver's guys, or the entire stable. Moreno, Ball etc. Demarius Thomas is a superstar, but what is Boldin. I would say they cross each other out especially with the best corner back in football on Thomas. Ill take Crabtree and Davis all day over Welker and the other Thomas. And its not even really close. So the X factor would be a guy like Decker. But anyone with any clue or who actually watches games knows Kap is a huge x factor running. Thats something that killed Seattle last week. Do they have to worry about that with Manning? Hell no. Kap made the mistakes, yes. But he kept them in the game early with his legs. Its delusional to say the talent between San Fran and Denver is not close. Its very close and I lean San Fran. As for Seattles D, its not only Sherman. Chancellor and Thomas are monsters. Thomas literally took Vernon Davis right out of the game. But the other Thomas is going to do better?
The thing people dont get is that Seattle will score on Denver. Lynch is at worst the second best running back in the NFL the last 3 years. San Fran stopped the run early, but Seattle stuck with it and wore a much better defense then Denvers down. And another thing, there is no all pro DE Smith combos chasing Wilson down in the Super Bowl. Russell will make at least 3 big plays with his legs. And last but not least, Percy "bright lights" Harvin will play, and Denvers secondary is banged up. Even if Percy is rusty, YOU HAVE TO RESPECT HIM. He will make a difference in this game. Final prediction 10 days out....... Seattle 34 Denver 21 CO MVPS Sherman who picks Manning off 2x and Lynch who runs for 150 on 25 carries w/ 2 tds.
Old 01-22-2014, 08:19 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown@club View Post
Arizona blew away the Colts, and didn't the Colts beat the Broncos?!
He is just blabbing preposterous **** because he is a Broncos fan. Over a 7 week stretch Arizona was one of the hottest teams in the NFL.
Old 01-23-2014, 09:23 AM
The Curragh

Quote:
Listen your a Denver fan, its OK. I respect it your defending your team. But your being absurd. Ill go back to the weapons. Ill take Gore and Hunter all day over any of Denver's guys, or the entire stable. Moreno, Ball etc. Demarius Thomas is a superstar, but what is Boldin. I would say they cross each other out especially with the best corner back in football on Thomas. Ill take Crabtree and Davis all day over Welker and the other Thomas. And its not even really close. So the X factor would be a guy like Decker. But anyone with any clue or who actually watches games knows Kap is a huge x factor running. Thats something that killed Seattle last week. Do they have to worry about that with Manning? Hell no. Kap made the mistakes, yes. But he kept them in the game early with his legs. Its delusional to say the talent between San Fran and Denver is not close. Its very close and I lean San Fran. As for Seattles D, its not only Sherman. Chancellor and Thomas are monsters. Thomas literally took Vernon Davis right out of the game. But the other Thomas is going to do better?
The thing people dont get is that Seattle will score on Denver. Lynch is at worst the second best running back in the NFL the last 3 years. San Fran stopped the run early, but Seattle stuck with it and wore a much better defense then Denvers down. And another thing, there is no all pro DE Smith combos chasing Wilson down in the Super Bowl. Russell will make at least 3 big plays with his legs. And last but not least, Percy "bright lights" Harvin will play, and Denvers secondary is banged up. Even if Percy is rusty, YOU HAVE TO RESPECT HIM. He will make a difference in this game. Final prediction 10 days out....... Seattle 34 Denver 21 CO MVPS Sherman who picks Manning off 2x and Lynch who runs for 150 on 25 carries w/ 2 tds.
Cowboys fan actually, I just live here in Denver. All the weapons in the world will never make Colin Kapernick into Peyton Manning, so how they match up man to man is irrelevant. What makes them so much better is Peyton. Everyone runs a real route, there are no decoys. Kap makes one, maybe two progressions before a decision, that takes him 3-4 seconds, Manning makes 4-5 progressions and a decision in half that time. There is the real difference, you can't be serious about comparing the best offense in NFL history with the San Fransisco 49ers of this year. You are hitting the pipe way to hard.
Denver wins 31-20.
Old 01-23-2014, 09:28 AM
The Curragh

Quote:
He is just blabbing preposterous **** because he is a Broncos fan. Over a 7 week stretch Arizona was one of the hottest teams in the NFL.
When they went 5-2? Wow that is something. Lost to the Eagles and 9ers, managed a strange win in Seattle.
Colts also beat the Seahawks and 9ers this year. Clearly they are the best team in football. No wait, it must be the Rams because they beat the Colts who beat all those other teams...
Old 01-23-2014, 09:57 AM
Saratoga

Quote:
When they went 5-2? Wow that is something. Lost to the Eagles and 9ers, managed a strange win in Seattle.
Colts also beat the Seahawks and 9ers this year. Clearly they are the best team in football. No wait, it must be the Rams because they beat the Colts who beat all those other teams...
Fish-On....
Old 01-23-2014, 10:19 AM
The Curragh

Quote:
Fish-On....
I forget sometimes, thanks.
Old 01-27-2014, 05:42 PM
Idlewild Airport

Guess Floyd heard about RH10

http://www.sportsworldnews.com/artic...loss-video.htm
Old 02-02-2014, 07:33 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Percy!!!!!!
Old 02-02-2014, 07:34 PM
Idlewild Airport

Quote:
Well that is where we differ. Just like the Bills, my feeling is Denver is much better than Seattle. So given that my analogy is spot on.
Old 02-03-2014, 02:20 PM
Randwyck

......and that's why I responded because someone had made fun that Seattle wasn't any good because they lost to Arizona