Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > The Paddock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-12-2006, 10:36 AM
eurobounce

Default Who gave a better ride.......

Was Leparoux's ride on Gorella better or was Jara's ride on Jazil better? State your case for each.
Old 06-12-2006, 10:39 AM
oracle80

Quote:
Originally Posted by eurobounce
Was Leparoux's ride on Gorella better or was Jara's ride on Jazil better? State your case for each.
Euro thats just insane to even compare the two. Gorella got up life and death and shes not really the kind of horse you can do much with, she runs when she wants to. And it was a strung out 4 horse field.
Jara had 11 other horses in close quarters and a mile and a half to journey. Not really comparable.
Old 06-12-2006, 10:46 AM
eurobounce

Quote:
Originally Posted by oracle80
Euro thats just insane to even compare the two. Gorella got up life and death and shes not really the kind of horse you can do much with, she runs when she wants to. And it was a strung out 4 horse field.
Jara had 11 other horses in close quarters and a mile and a half to journey. Not really comparable.
Well in your opinion which was better?
Old 06-12-2006, 10:46 AM
"The Kentucky Killing Machine"

that frenchie allmost got beat he knows he had the better animal..his playing around almost cost him ..he could have won by 5..jaras ride was far better..
Old 06-12-2006, 10:49 AM
boldruler

I thought the ride Solis gave Bushfire was the best of the day. What a race by that filly. Thought she was done 2x and she fought back. Can't wait to see those two go at it again in the Test on August 5.
Old 06-12-2006, 10:49 AM
eurobounce

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoovesupsideyourhead
that frenchie allmost got beat he knows he had the better animal..his playing around almost cost him ..he could have won by 5..jaras ride was far better..
Sometimes it is harder to ride in a 4 horse field than a larger field.
Old 06-12-2006, 11:35 AM
Idlewild Airport

Quote:
Originally Posted by boldruler
I thought the ride Solis gave Bushfire was the best of the day. What a race by that filly. Thought she was done 2x and she fought back. Can't wait to see those two go at it again in the Test on August 5.
I'm willing to take my medicine on Bushfire. Thought she was another KEE fraud but her last 2 races were good. SO i was wrong on her. Cost me the Pick 4. Although I got scratched out of 2 horses in that race.
Old 06-12-2006, 12:00 PM
Steve Byk

Quote:
Originally Posted by randallscott35
I'm willing to take my medicine on Bushfire. Thought she was another KEE fraud but her last 2 races were good. SO i was wrong on her. Cost me the Pick 4. Although I got scratched out of 2 horses in that race.
Rand,

Cost me the pick 4 as well.. Made it clear and every where else that Hello Liberty was my banker there.. All over Cacique, Songster and Jazzy, but left Bushfire off the ticket. Would have been room had I known MiracMiss was going to go screwy... Brutal...

As to best ride.. Considering that the only time most of these guys ever ride 1.5m on thwe main is in the BEL Stakes, and that 'Nando is 18, I think it's hard to put anyone's ride above his Saturday. It was an absolute blueprint for winning a Belmont with an off-the-pace type...

Spent time at Kieran's barn afterwards Sat. evening, and the little character was quite full of himself. Those that want to make him their favorite horse will have one that's going to be around a while too...

SB
Old 06-12-2006, 01:00 PM
Oaklawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasept
Rand,

Cost me the pick 4 as well.. Made it clear and every where else that Hello Liberty was my banker there.. All over Cacique, Songster and Jazzy, but left Bushfire off the ticket. Would have been room had I known MiracMiss was going to go screwy... Brutal...

As to best ride.. Considering that the only time most of these guys ever ride 1.5m on thwe main is in the BEL Stakes, and that 'Nando is 18, I think it's hard to put anyone's ride above his Saturday. It was an absolute blueprint for winning a Belmont with an off-the-pace type...

Spent time at Kieran's barn afterwards Sat. evening, and the little character was quite full of himself. Those that want to make him their favorite horse will have one that's going to be around a while too...

SB

I was very surprised to see Bushfire hang on in that race. I had both in the Pick 4, so I was slighty disappointed that hello liberty didn't get by. --I was more disappointed at the start of the race when TWO of my selections scratched! I though for sure that was a sign that my ticket was going down!