Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Stakes Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-22-2019, 05:36 AM
Steve Byk

MTH Haskell Invitational S (G1): Maximum Security 102 (New Year's Day) J. Servis/L. Saez
MTH Monmouth Cup S (G3): War Story 101 (Northern Afleet) J. Navarro/L. Saez
MTH Molly Pitcher S (G3): Midnight Bisou 92 (Midnight Lute) S. Asmussen/M. Smith
MTH Oceanport S (G3): Just Howard 92 (English Channel) H. Motion/T. McCarthy
MTH Matchmaker S (G3): I'm So Fancy-IRE 94 (Rajj-IRE) A. Delacour/T. McCarthy
MTH Wolf Hill S: Justaholic 94 (Justin Phillip) T. Clark/J. Ferrer

SAR CCA Oaks (G1): Guarana 92 (Ghostzapper) C. Brown/J. Ortiz
SAR Caress S: Mominou 95 (Congrats) J. Toner/K. Carmouche
SAR Shuvee S (G3): Golden Award 93 (Medaglia d'Oro) W. Mott/T. Gaffalione
SAR Lake George S (G3): Regal Glory 88 (Animal Kingdom) C. Brown/L. Saez
SAR Stillwater S: My Italian Rabbi 75 (Competitive Edge) J. Englehart/L. Saez
SAR Rick Violette S: Sky of Hook 70 (Tapiture) R. Rodriguez/L. Saez

DMR Eddie Read S (G2): Bowies Hero 98 (Artie Schiller) P. D'Amato/F. Prat
DMR Wickerr S: Bombard 95 (War Front) R. Mandella/F. Prat
DMR San Clemente S (G2): Mucho Unusual 85 (Mucho Macho Man) T. Yakteen/J. Rosario
DMR San Diego H (G2): Catalina Cruiser 98 (Union Rags) J. Sadler/J. Rosario
DMR Daisycutter H: Painting Corners 90 (Pleasant Strike) P. Miller/F. Prat
DMR Osunitas S: Ahimsa 86 (Animal Kingdom) P. Eurton/B. Blanc
DMR Fleet Treat S: Hollywood Hills 77 (Hoorayforhollywood) S. Sherman/F. Prat
DMR Oceanside S: Jasikan-IRE 84 (Bated Breath-GB) J. Sadler/F. Prat

WO Royal North S (G2): Summer Sunday 93 (Silent Name-JPN) S. Simon/R. Hernandez
WO Ontario Colleen S (G3): Seek and Destroy 86 (Verrazano) C. Brown/L. Contreras
WO Toronto Cup S: Armistice Day 81 (Declaration of War) B. Minshall/L. Contreras

IND TaWee S: She'sonthewarpath 79 (Declaration of War) S. Margolis/C. Sutherland
IND Ellen's Lucky Star S: Wondrshegotthundr 59 (Graydar) B. Cox/F. De La Cruz
IND Snack S: Ace of Aces 65 (Unbridled Express) B. Flint/J. Court

PRM Iowa Stallion Filly Stakes S: Our Musical Moment 63 (Bellamy Road) H. Ashford/D. Cabrera
PRM Iowa Stallion S: Kauai 69 (Girolamo) L. Chleborad/L. Fuentes

TDN Miss Ohio S: Valley of Mo'ara 64 (Overanalyze) T. Hamm/S. Spieth

GP Sea of Tranquility S: Eye of a Jedi 89 (Eye of the Leopard) S. Budhoo/J. Rendon

ELP Good Lord S: Seven Trumpets 88 (Morning Line) D. Romans/C. Hill

CTM Don Getty H: Sir Bronx - (Bellamy Road) R. Hedge/R. Sarmiento
CTM R.K. Red Smith H: Daz Lin Dawn - (Popular) N. Betts/D. Nelson

EMD Angie C. S: For You Only - (Abraaj) H. Belvoir/J. Whitaker
EMD Mt. Rainier S: More Power to Him - (Slew's Tiznow) F. Taylor/K. Orozco
EMD Boeing S: No Talking Back - (Flatter) C. Stenslie/S. Stevens
EMD King County Express S: Show Me the Mints - (Coast Guard) F. Lucarelli/K. Orozco

Last edited by Kasept : 07-23-2019 at 09:24 AM.
Old 07-22-2019, 04:56 PM
The Curragh

Was not impressed with Guarana at all. Hey, unbelievable accomplishment to knock out 2 grade 1s in the first three starts, but that was no superhorse effort, as it seems Chad had been hyping her as.
Old 07-22-2019, 05:47 PM
Super Mod.. and Super Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by cakes44 View Post
Was not impressed with Guarana at all. Hey, unbelievable accomplishment to knock out 2 grade 1s in the first three starts, but that was no superhorse effort, as it seems Chad had been hyping her as.
I mean the Acorn was pretty freakish. Could be she’s just brilliant around one turn and I’m guessing they’re weighing running her in the Test instead of the Alabama. I’d definitely prefer Point of Honor in the Alabama.
Old 07-22-2019, 07:14 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by cakes44 View Post
I think if she’s going to be effective going two turns it’s going to be by opening up a few length lead. Backing the race down and tryin to outfinish the closers is going to be tough on her the final furlong. They need to let her go off.

On the flip side....it was only her 3rd start and first going two turns. And it was crazy hot. She’s VERY good.
Old 07-23-2019, 08:14 AM
Belmont Park

Who really knows how good this filly might be? NOBODY, not Chad not the owners not twitter etc? She has no 2-year-old foundation. I have no idea why people on the broadcast were talking her up for Alabama? She has looked special to me in 3 races, I don't knock horses that in their 3rd start and second g1 win on a major circuit ONLY ran a 92 but that is just me.
Old 07-23-2019, 10:07 AM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddymo View Post
Who really knows how good this filly might be? NOBODY, not Chad not the owners not twitter etc? She has no 2-year-old foundation. I have no idea why people on the broadcast were talking her up for Alabama? She has looked special to me in 3 races, I don't knock horses that in their 3rd start and second g1 win on a major circuit ONLY ran a 92 but that is just me.
One issue might have been the lack of a dedicated front-runner in the race. Might be more ideal to get Guarana to settle early with a target to stalk if she is going to progress as a router. The female family descends from the sprinter Gold Beauty, but as a broodmare her offspring have displayed impressive stamina (Point of Entry, Sky Beauty, Pine Island, Pleasant Home, etc.).

Not sure what is going on in the 3yo filly division. Not one horse from the Mother Goose on June 29 made it to this race? Point of Honor, off a modest Grade 2 race in May can't make another start for over 60 days?

I guess Cookie Dough--a fairly effective frontrunner at a route of ground--got sick of minor awards so her connections decided to watch her get burned up in sprints in her last pair instead.

I can't remember who won the Santa Anita Oaks (maybe it was cancelled) but there has to be one or two fillies in CA with some quality. They haven't run anything out there since the Summertime Oaks (which might also have been cancelled). They can't possibly be waiting for the Torrey Pines?
Old 07-23-2019, 11:00 AM
Belmont Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by RolloTomasi View Post
One issue might have been the lack of a dedicated front-runner in the race. Might be more ideal to get Guarana to settle early with a target to stalk if she is going to progress as a router. The female family descends from the sprinter Gold Beauty, but as a broodmare her offspring have displayed impressive stamina (Point of Entry, Sky Beauty, Pine Island, Pleasant Home, etc.).

Not sure what is going on in the 3yo filly division. Not one horse from the Mother Goose on June 29 made it to this race? Point of Honor, off a modest Grade 2 race in May can't make another start for over 60 days?

I guess Cookie Dough--a fairly effective frontrunner at a route of ground--got sick of minor awards so her connections decided to watch her get burned up in sprints in her last pair instead.

I can't remember who won the Santa Anita Oaks (maybe it was cancelled) but there has to be one or two fillies in CA with some quality. They haven't run anything out there since the Summertime Oaks (which might also have been cancelled). They can't possibly be waiting for the Torrey Pines?
Maybe if she is special you use her speed and fracture the race like Rachel used to do? The whole use we need to rate off the speed when there is none theory never does anything but keep the ok horses close enough to hurt you.

The next horse Baffert and his owners should buy is Belinda, unless someone claims her this crap in CA will continue.