Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-18-2006, 11:26 AM
The Curragh

well he seems arrogant and ******* like at times, very ****y too
Old 10-18-2006, 03:21 PM
Monmouth Park

you have got to be kidding Seattle.
you still refuse to drive?

I thought that was something you grew out of years ago back when we were both still in college.

how the hell do you survive?
I dont know how far Emerald is from your house, but I would think just getting to Auburn every day and back would be a b*tch without driving a car.

I spend probably an hour a day at least just getting to and from work, not to mention all the other driving I do as part of everyday life.

I know it sounds easy for me to say, but get over this fear.
it can be a lot of fun and I would have to think it would make your life substantially easier.

Repent
Old 10-18-2006, 05:53 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentuckyrosesinmay
Tell that to Tagg. It worked for FC, and Nick had bad luck with his horse...

There's no telling what can happen in the months to come, but there's also no telling what might happen in the BCJ. I probably would have done the same thing if I had some fragile two year olds who had a ton of potential. Who's to say that Eurosilver would have won or even done well in the BCJ anyway? That's why I think that cases of horses like Eurosilver aren't legitimate. Heck, FC might have won the BCJ and the Derby...who knows, but I would have rather won the Derby than the BCJ, and the decision paid off for Tagg. But it's not just the Derby. It's saving the horses from preventable injuries so they may race to their peak the following year. I'll leave the training job to the trainers because, most of the time, they make good decisions based upon each individual animal and each individual circumstance. Nick may not have made the wrong decision with his horses. It's an unknown factor because you don't know how his horses would have done in the BCJ, and whether or not they would have gotten injured in the BCJ that kept them from racing the following year anyway.
taggs one doesn't equal all those of zitos as far as not striking while the iron was hot, and running his horses when healthy and when they had a legit shot, a much better shot at running in and doing well in a grade one when you have no idea what those horses are going to be six months down the road.
i don't feel you have to choose one route or the other. macho uno, afleet alex, point given among others tell me that you can have a good two year old, a real shot at the bcj, and continue on at three.
zito skipped it at two, and none did well at three.

you can have your cake and eat it too..as long as you try to make the cake first!!

hey, it worked out for tagg...but who's to say what FC would have done had he run in the bcj???
but skipping it certainly didn't do anything for nicks horses.
Old 10-18-2006, 06:16 PM
Churchill Downs

Danzig, I basically said the same thing that you just did in my post. I was basically arguing the fact that the BCJ happens to be harder on two year olds than any other two year old race in the country. It ruins a lot of good ones. It depends on the individual animal and the individual circumstances to whether or not the trainers want to take the gamble by running potential TC horses in that race. With a horse such as Nobiz Like Shobiz, Tagg obviously feels that there is more to gain by not running his horse in that race, and I don't blame him one bit. Now, I don't know if FC would have won the BCJ or not, and I stated that in my post above. It's not just Tagg who skips the BCJ either. Lots of top horses never run in the race. Heck, neither Flower Alley or Bellamy Road were in the race, and they were top horses of last year.

Again, I trust Tagg's judgment with Nobiz Like Shobiz. I can almost guarantee, unless something weird happens, that Nobiz Like Shobiz is going to be a force to be reckoned with next year. I can't wait!