Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > The Charles Hatton Reading Room
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-08-2006, 02:13 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajungator26
I wish someone would punch me. (Then I could go home AND get a nose job paid for by insurance, lol.)
You're plenty pretty as you are. If you try to improve anything you'll just gild the lily.

Though getting to go home early would be nice...
Old 09-08-2006, 03:48 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajungator26
I wish someone would punch me. (Then I could go home AND get a nose job paid for by insurance, lol.)
Cajun,
I don't know why women are so hard on themselves.
You're a beautiful lady, likes horses, tolerates Kev.
What more is there?
Fussin' about a nose cause it's a quarter of an inch too big for you? It's fine with me, and exactly what the good Lord gave you.
I'd keep it as is.
DTS
Old 09-08-2006, 04:26 PM
Bold Brooklynite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixie Porter
Don't know who the guy was but he was absolutely correct and probably quoting ME.

So? What else is new ... ?

I'm the only one who DOESN'T steal from you.
Old 09-08-2006, 04:36 PM
Cunningham Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by oracle80
I asked someone about this over two years ago, after SFF came back like she did.
A very sharp guy told me that its because that many decide that they wanna be "mommys" and thats what is on their minds.
Same guy told me that if you have a good filly you wanna give time off to, don't send em to a farm if you want em to come back and try.
He said at the farm they see the mommys and babys and decide thats what they wanna be.
This is very true...fillies are FAR more inconsistant than colts are geldings and it is proven....far more....and its because of that very thing...keeping them happy and interested in their jobs through their cycles and things that go on in females.....it is actually a VERY interesting phenominon to me.....

The best mare we ever owned won 4 stakes almost in a row a few years ago in the winter/spring and we chose to freshen her up over the hot summer in Louisiana and bring her back for a diliberate fall/winter campaign and she never won again and never ever even showed any interest again in her training.....it was heart-breaking....she would get beat by monee-allowance mares by 15 lengths, which were the same group of horses she used to beat by a country mile..

We even sent her off to be scanned once we had a couple of vets tell us she was 110% sound as a dollar and she really was 110% sound of a dollar and retired that way....she just decided that she didn't want to be a racehorse anymore - when just a half-year prior to that she was in the freakin' prime of her career......that sh it blew my mind, man.....some fillies are just like that though....