Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > The Paddock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-28-2010, 11:30 PM
Sheepshead Bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by RolloTomasi
Freddy really has no understanding (or respect) of the game or its history or its tradition, so his posts are pretty much the internet equivalent of rice cakes.
Maybe, but the people who hastily put this formerly great race on recycled condoms have even less respect for the game or its history.

DWC suction + polyturd = I really just don't give a damn any more.
Old 01-28-2010, 11:40 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by tector
Maybe, but the people who hastily put this formerly great race on recycled condoms have even less respect for the game or its history.
No. Freddy's worse. If he ran the CHRB, he wouldn't have mandated conversion to synthetics. He would have abolished the entire winter-spring Santa Anita meet, because none of the Santa "This" or La "That" or San "Whatever" stakes races have any impact on the Breeder's Cup.
Old 01-28-2010, 11:53 PM
Sheepshead Bay

Quote:
No. Freddy's worse. If he ran the CHRB
But he doesn't, he's just talking.

The people who actually had such responsibility in the real world effed it up. They are worse--to whom much is given, much is to be expected.

Regardless, hopefully that will all be just a bad memory after this meet. SA can't do anything about the DWC, but correcting what it can will be welcomed. I am going to try to be more positive about it--as soon as this meet is over.
Old 01-29-2010, 12:24 AM
Goodwood

While yeah, the Big Cap ain't what it used to be, there have been some nice winners since Lord at War.

Free House, Best Pal, Stuka, Farma Way, Broad Brush and Greinton.

Free House being the most recent of those, back in 99. Tiznow as well, of course, in 01.
Old 01-29-2010, 12:27 AM
Oriental Park

Quote:
But he doesn't, he's just talking.

The people who actually had such responsibility in the real world effed it up. They are worse--to whom much is given, much is to be expected.

Regardless, hopefully that will all be just a bad memory after this meet. SA can't do anything about the DWC, but correcting what it can will be welcomed. I am going to try to be more positive about it--as soon as this meet is over.
Huh? Whatever, dude.

Who do you like in the Donn?
Old 01-29-2010, 08:47 AM
Flemington

While Duke of Mischief had the advantage of being outside in his last race, I think he could be ok this year. (He is entered for tomorrow though.)
Old 01-29-2010, 09:51 AM
Sheepshead Bay

Quote:
Huh? Whatever, dude.

Who do you like in the Donn?
How about actually having a field first?

How does anyone dope out a race without knowing what field is? I mean, just for starters, if you don't know the pace scenario of a race, you are lost, unless you are dealing with that rare super-tractable type of horse who can make the best of any pace.
Old 01-29-2010, 10:01 AM
Hialeah Park

Who is the horse that won the Clark and why isn't he nominated here?
Old 01-29-2010, 10:06 AM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperSB23
Who is the horse that won the Clark and why isn't he nominated here?
Blame, he hasn't worked in the past 60 days.
Old 01-29-2010, 10:08 AM
"The Kentucky Killing Machine"

i think dry martini owes andy some money..
Old 01-29-2010, 10:13 AM
Havre de Grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sightseek
Blame, he hasn't worked in the past 60 days.
Al Stall's taking some time with him and he won't be back until late, if at all, at Fair Grounds.

NT
Old 01-29-2010, 10:19 AM
Oriental Park

Quote:
How about actually having a field first?

How does anyone dope out a race without knowing what field is? I mean, just for starters, if you don't know the pace scenario of a race, you are lost, unless you are dealing with that rare super-tractable type of horse who can make the best of any pace.
My question was rhetorical. If you missed it, the point was that maybe you should stop using this thread as yet another soapbox to rale against synthetics considering the topic is about a race at Gulfstream.

And since you don't care to offer any sort of opinion on the nominees in the race, I guess this is goodbye until entry day...
Old 01-29-2010, 10:41 AM
Belmont Park

Quote:
Interestingly, in each of the past 7 runnings at least one horse from the race has gone on to win a Grade 1 later the same year.

A large chunk of the most notable racehorses from the last 25 years have run in the race. Ferdinand, Broad Brush, Snow Chief, Alysheba, Criminal Type, Bayakoa, Quiet American, Pleasant Tap, In Excess, Best Pal, Bertrando, The Wicked North, Bien Bien, Dare And Go, Serena's Song, Afternoon Deelites, Siphon, Gentlemen, Formal Gold, Free House, Silver Charm, General Challenge, Tiznow, Congaree, Pleasantly Perfect, Southern Image, Rock Hard Ten, Saint Liam, Lava Man.

Freddy really has no understanding (or respect) of the game or its history or its tradition, so his posts are pretty much the internet equivalent of rice cakes.

So in the 8 years since Tiznow won the race you grace us with 3 or 4 non winners that went on to win a G1 later in the year.. I am pretty sure I can find the same swill from NW1 races..Whoopie 4 horses in 8 years that went on to win a G1 have a heart do you read this crap.. Scrap it nobody goes there anymore its a toasted rice cake
Old 01-29-2010, 11:24 AM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddymo
So in the 8 years since Tiznow won the race you grace us with 3 or 4 non winners that went on to win a G1 later in the year.. I am pretty sure I can find the same swill from NW1 races..Whoopie 4 horses in 8 years that went on to win a G1 have a heart do you read this crap.. Scrap it nobody goes there anymore its a toasted rice cake
Whatever, Freddy. Distort what was said so you can look like and idiot. Its not 4 in the last 8, its 7 of the last 7. That's enough to validate it as a significant race. Only as far back as the 90's, the race is littered with winners of the Jockey Club Gold Cup, Hollywood Gold Cup, Pacific Classic, etc. 3 BC Classic winners in the less than 10 years.

Didn't Saint Liam run in the race during his HOY campaign?

You're an embarrassment. Have a heart.
Old 01-29-2010, 12:06 PM
Belmont Park

Quote:
Whatever, Freddy. Distort what was said so you can look like and idiot. Its not 4 in the last 8, its 7 of the last 7. That's enough to validate it as a significant race. Only as far back as the 90's, the race is littered with winners of the Jockey Club Gold Cup, Hollywood Gold Cup, Pacific Classic, etc. 3 BC Classic winners in the less than 10 years.

Didn't Saint Liam run in the race during his HOY campaign?

You're an embarrassment. Have a heart.

Come on its time to let go
Old 01-29-2010, 04:32 PM
Sheepshead Bay

Quote:
My question was rhetorical. If you missed it, the point was that maybe you should stop using this thread as yet another soapbox to rale against synthetics considering the topic is about a race at Gulfstream.

And since you don't care to offer any sort of opinion on the nominees in the race, I guess this is goodbye until entry day...
Uhh, you brought up the "Big Cap" in this thread, RT--remember?

http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/sho...0&postcount=15

Then others--not me--brought up how it has slipped in importance.

If you think the fact that it is now run on plastic hasn't accelerated its diminution in American racing, you are even dumber than you previously appeared--which really would be some achievement at this point.
Old 01-29-2010, 04:44 PM
Belmont Park

Quote:
Uhh, you brought up the "Big Cap" in this thread, RT--remember?

http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/sho...0&postcount=15

Then others--not me--brought up how it has slipped in importance.

If you think the fact that it is now run on plastic hasn't accelerated its diminution in American racing, you are even dumber than you previously appeared--which really would be some achievement at this point.
The guy is has issues I wouldnt pay him much attention..He is harmless sort of like a 50 year old guy that lives with mom and had a ton of potential but never made it.
Old 01-29-2010, 05:30 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Uhh, you brought up the "Big Cap" in this thread, RT--remember?If you think the fact that it is now run on plastic hasn't accelerated its diminution in American racing, you are even dumber than you previously appeared--which really would be some achievement at this point.
I'm sure more than one person on here thinks I'm dumb for merely responding to an idiot like Freddymo, but I'm sorry to say that your performance has outdone us both.

It's almost as if you have no powers of perception whatsoever.

First, you failed to realize that Freddy was merely baiting me in this entire thread. His pathetic first attempt failed when I completely ignored him, but once I slipped up and mentioned a race at Santa Anita, he came back with a vengeance.

Second, when I joked about Freddy being the head of the CHRB, you actually took it for literal and tried to correct me that he was not the head of the CHRB.

Then, having realized that we were heading for left field (and that your mind was clearly suffering from some sort of synthetic surface-induced impairment), I tried to talk you down and steer you back to the topic at hand, the Donn.

Again, failing to grasp what was between the lines, you "set" me straight a second time, giving me the high hat about not looking at a race until entries are drawn.

Now, in your last post you put words in my mouth because I refused to feed the monkey and allow another idiot to derail this thread.

You wouldn't happen to be Donny from the Big Lebowski, would you?
Old 01-29-2010, 05:34 PM
Belmont Park

Quote:
I'm sure more than one person on here thinks I'm dumb for merely responding to an idiot like Freddymo, but I'm sorry to say that your performance has outdone us both.

It's almost as if you have no powers of perception whatsoever.

First, you failed to realize that Freddy was merely baiting me in this entire thread. His pathetic first attempt failed when I completely ignored him, but once I slipped up and mentioned a race at Santa Anita, he came back with a vengeance.

Second, when I joked about Freddy being the head of the CHRB, you actually took it for literal and tried to correct me that he was not the head of the CHRB.

Then, having realized that we were heading for left field (and that your mind was clearly suffering from some sort of synthetic surface-induced impairment), I tried to talk you down and steer you back to the topic at hand, the Donn.

Again, failing to grasp what was between the lines, you "set" me straight a second time, giving me the high hat about not looking at a race until entries are drawn.

Now, in your last post you put words in my mouth because I refused to feed the monkey and allow another idiot to derail this thread.

You wouldn't happen to be Donny from the Big Lebowski, would you?
Doesnt mom need help in the kitchen.. Put the old Santa Anita programs down, you havent been able to pay admission in a while and just let go and leave tector alone.. It's ok free hat day is coming up soon...HELLO EBAY
Old 01-29-2010, 05:37 PM
Stuck in 1994

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian Charlie
While yeah, the Big Cap ain't what it used to be, there have been some nice winners since Lord at War.

Free House, Best Pal, Stuka, Farma Way, Broad Brush and Greinton.

Free House being the most recent of those, back in 99. Tiznow as well, of course, in 01.
Stuka was one of the few times a bad DQ went my way...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-_qCE5csdQ