Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > Contests > Call to the Post
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-29-2024, 03:52 PM
Havre de Grace

Default diamond symbol with an x

Somebody tell me what does the diamond symbol with an x mean? I know a circle with an x mean a race that has been taken off the turf and put on the main track, but I couldn't find an explanation for this symbol. I see it a lot in Gulfstream races.
Old 03-29-2024, 05:41 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by cal828 View Post
Somebody tell me what does the diamond symbol with an x mean? I know a circle with an x mean a race that has been taken off the turf and put on the main track, but I couldn't find an explanation for this symbol. I see it a lot in Gulfstream races.
In addition to the main dirt track, Gulfstream also has a track with an artificial tapeta surface. Many of their off the turf races are moved to the tapeta. They have found that many turf horses run better on the tapeta than on the main track. I'm only guessing, but could that symbol refer to a races moved to the tapeta?
Old 03-29-2024, 06:01 PM
Havre de Grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by JolyB View Post
In addition to the main dirt track, Gulfstream also has a track with an artificial tapeta surface. Many of their off the turf races are moved to the tapeta. They have found that many turf horses run better on the tapeta than on the main track. I'm only guessing, but could that symbol refer to a races moved to the tapeta?
I think you are right. Makes sense. Thanks for the help.