Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-12-2006, 10:04 AM
The Curragh

Default who woulda thunk all those away

teams would win in the nfl on week 1?

i would like to personally send out a atta boy to the jaguars crowd, stadium was half full. go support your team numnuts (i lived in jacksonville for a little while, and my uncle has lived their for like 25 years)

my colts defense in the first half looked like the defense of old, giants ran all over them. they came around in the second half. i am happy with the play of dallas clark, dude has been money for years

i never would have dreamed i would say this - i thoroughly enjoyed the 2 weeks of tennis from the us open. i am a tennis fan now - i gotta learn the rules of that game, that whole deuce thing, etc confused me
Old 09-12-2006, 10:05 AM
The Curragh

oh yeah the hippodrome blubonnets under me name is the nuts, love that
Old 09-12-2006, 10:23 AM
Sheepshead Bay

NFL is my favorite league, but it's also a very strange league. I wouldn't put too much stock into these early games, about 4 years ago the Patriots lost 35-3 to the Bills after trading Lawyer Milloy to them, every Pats fan was probably destroyed, then comes Tom Brady and they win the Super Bowl that year...

I will second the Tennis, I watched, even though I do not know much about it, it was still fun to see...
Old 09-12-2006, 10:29 AM
Del Mar

Tennis can be very confusing with the eccentric scoring system. I am not nearly as into now as I was 10 years ago when US tennis was booming with Agassi, Sampras, Courier and Chang. The only American I can stomach is James Blake who seems like a great guy and is very fun to watch. I do appreciate great talent and Federer and Nadal are clearly 2 of the most talented players I have ever seen. Whats great about Nadal is (Like Scuds said) here is perhaps the best clay court player ever, and the guy makes it to the finals of Wimbledon on grass (A surface which he clearly struggles with) in only his 2nd or 3rd Wimbledon.

At least men's tennis has the top 2 players and James Blake. The rest of them I dont care to watch all that much.