Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > Contests > Call to the Post
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-07-2020, 02:37 PM
The Curragh

Default Venue Thoughts for Oct. 10th

The best graded races are at Belmont this Saturday. In the 5 graded stakes the fields are small but I can't find any other good venue alternatives. Keeneland has two graded races but a slew of maiden races too. Any thoughts on an alternative venue and all feedback will be appreciated.
Old 10-08-2020, 12:15 AM
The Curragh

ENTIRE BELMONT CARD
PLUS BONUS OF

KEENELAND
Queen Elizabeth II Challenge Cup Presented by Dixiana Farm(Grade 1)
$500,000.00; 3 Year Olds
1 1/8 Miles(Turf)

WEB SITE LINK => www.RUFFIAN333.com
Old 10-08-2020, 09:25 AM
Oriental Park

Despite the smallish fields for the graded stakes, the Belmont card is by far the most relevant. 4 of those stakes races are part of the BC Challenge series - interestingly enough, the QEII isn't, perhaps because in the past, the timing has just been too tight between that race and the BC F&M Turf.

RQ,congrats on your points win, and I look forward to your selection. Anything you pick is fine with me [I checked to make sure Kamloops wasn't running before saying that]
Old 10-08-2020, 10:23 AM
The Curragh

OK All. Here's the venue choice which I'll post by 3PM eastern time. Chime in if you have a preference. Races 1 to 10 at Belmont and the QEII or the full 11 race card at Belmont and no QEII.
Old 10-08-2020, 10:32 AM
The Curragh

PURRING IN FROM THE CAT HOUSE

ENTIRE BELMONT CARD
PLUS BONUS OF

KEENELAND
Queen Elizabeth II Challenge Cup Presented by Dixiana Farm(Grade 1)
$500,000.00; 3 Year Olds
1 1/8 Miles(Turf)

Old 10-08-2020, 10:47 AM
Oriental Park

Race 11 is for 2 year old New York bred fillies sprinting on the turf. All but two of them have never run before. Sure looks like a guessing game to me - I'd be happier not having to try to figure it out.
Old 10-08-2020, 02:28 PM
The Curragh

The venue for Saturday will be races 1 through 10 at Belmont and the Queen Elizabeth II from Keeneland added in as the last race of our contest. If Joly or Don would post the threads it would be appreciated since they both have better penmanship than me.
Old 10-08-2020, 07:29 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Quiet View Post
The venue for Saturday will be races 1 through 10 at Belmont and the Queen Elizabeth II from Keeneland added in as the last race of our contest. If Joly or Don would post the threads it would be appreciated since they both have better penmanship than me.
RQ, you had me laughing out loud over your "better penmanship" comment. Throughout elementary school, penmanship was always my lowest grade [let's not get into the "works and plays well with others" grade if you don't mind]. I'm a lefty, and like many leftys write with my hand upside down, thereby always smearing the ink all over the page and the side of my hand. Despite that serious flaw, I'm glad to post the threads for Saturday's contest.
Old 10-08-2020, 07:35 PM
The Curragh

Default Lefties Rule

THE RIGHT HEMISPHERE OF BRAIN
IS GOVERNED BY THE LEFT HAND

THE LEFT SIDE
IS GOVERNED BY THE RIGHT HAND

WHICH ONLY SUGGESTS...

ONLY LEFT HANDED PEOPLE
ARE IN THEIR RIGHT MIND

Old 10-09-2020, 09:41 AM
Havre de Grace

So I recently had to go to the dentist for a cracked molar which I understand has been an epidemic in itself of folks so worried about the pandemic that they have cracked their teeth. Can't say that I was conscious of that worry. Concerned, like anyone else, but not obsessed, but at any rate, I did crack my tooth and it was giving me excruciating pain therefore the visit to the dentist.
She crowned it and I wrote her a check. Other day I received a bill for 60 cents. I figured I had either written the check for the wrong amount or they couldn't read my penmanship which I must admit is pretty terrible. So much so that I can barely decipher it at times. I looked the check up in on line banking. Seemed to be the right amount and even fairly legible. Called the dentist's office. They got a big laugh out of it and blamed their billing software.
Old 10-09-2020, 09:50 PM
Del Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUFFIAN-333 View Post
THE RIGHT HEMISPHERE OF BRAIN
IS GOVERNED BY THE LEFT HAND

THE LEFT SIDE
IS GOVERNED BY THE RIGHT HAND

WHICH ONLY SUGGESTS...

ONLY LEFT HANDED PEOPLE
ARE IN THEIR RIGHT MIND
Good one, and my left-handed daughter would agree with this assessment!
Old 10-09-2020, 09:52 PM
Del Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by cal828 View Post
So I recently had to go to the dentist for a cracked molar which I understand has been an epidemic in itself of folks so worried about the pandemic that they have cracked their teeth. Can't say that I was conscious of that worry. Concerned, like anyone else, but not obsessed, but at any rate, I did crack my tooth and it was giving me excruciating pain therefore the visit to the dentist.
She crowned it and I wrote her a check. Other day I received a bill for 60 cents. I figured I had either written the check for the wrong amount or they couldn't read my penmanship which I must admit is pretty terrible. So much so that I can barely decipher it at times. I looked the check up in on line banking. Seemed to be the right amount and even fairly legible. Called the dentist's office. They got a big laugh out of it and blamed their billing software.
The cost of creating and sending a statement for 60 cents was more than the amount due! How silly! Glad it worked out well for you.